IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE can't seem to link him to any of the murders after weeks, that might play for the defense if they end up going on a circumstantial case...jmo
They want to be sure and there's no hurry. I am sure LE have confided to the families all they know. Their calmness and composure is unbelievable tbh.

They want to be sure and there's no hurry. I am sure LE have confided to the families all they know. Their calmness and composure is unbelievable tbh.

Do you really think they have spoken with the families? That would make me feel better, if so. I agree, they are showing strength and dignity.

I keeping thinking that when (if) DN is charged with the murders there might be another person charged with being an accessory after the fact. Does anyone else think this?

Very interesting, I don't recall seeing that brought up before.
I keeping thinking that when (if) DN is charged with the murders there might be another person charged with being an accessory after the fact. Does anyone else think this?

Very interesting, I don't recall seeing that brought up before.
That is possible, but unless they either gave BG a lift to Delphi on the 13th or picked BG up on or after the 13th and did not reveal that to LE, that would be the only way that could happen imo.( e.g. perhaps the phone data or some traffic cam or other cams may reveal the car or phones in Delphi on the 13th, despite the person witholding that info.)

That is possible, but unless they either gave BG a lift to Delphi on the 13th or picked BG up on or after the 13th and did not reveal that to LE, that would be the only way that could happen imo.( e.g. perhaps the phone data or some traffic cam or other cams may reveal the car or phones in Delphi on the 13th, despite the person witholding that info.)

Or helped with cover up........

Or helped with cover up........

True - washed or disposed of the garments, weapon, and possibly gave false or misleading alibi? Or let them borrow the car, or didn't report they had taken the car, through fear or threats perhaps. MOO.

"This is such a weird case that we don't have enough to officially rule anybody out at this point," Riley said of the Delphi homicides. "We have people that we don't think it is, but we can't rule them out."

http://gazette.com/daniel-nations-a...d-in-el-paso-county-wednesday/article/1613332

Interesting way to say it...
Yeah, made me scratch my head - so double negative makes it " we have people that we think it is but we can rule them out". So they have Poi's that they have ruled out . We know that though cos RL was one and there have been others too. So we don't care about them, we only care about any POI's that can't be ruled out - and they only have one person like that ATM.

He greeted reporters with another inappropriate gesture. [emoji19]

http://www.krdo.com/news/teller-cou...-murders-appears-in-teller-co-court/638880122

Edited: wonder when he was in Clear Creek County. I don’t recall hearing this tidbit before. Those dates would be nice to add to his timeline of events.
I wonder if they are the Georgetown Co incident on 18 July when he gave the false name? Is that in Clear Creek County?
Eta. Just checked and Georgetown is indeed the county seat of Clear Creek.
So in just two months in Colorado, he is in trouble in 3 separate counties.

Rather discouraging. :(

I'm replying sympathetically to everyone who gets "discouraged" while waiting for developments. This morning I thought of something that might take time, and apologize if it's been mentioned already: wouldn't the hatchet in possession of the "POI" in Colorado be tested for DNA? He's been observed waving the weapon recently in Colorado, and for using one in Indiana in a threatening manner. (Though I do not have previous links to insert here)

Since LE traveled to Colorado, they had reason to officially investigate; perhaps the people they don't think it is, are "people" linked to POI, and not POI himself.

True - washed or disposed of the garments, weapon, and possibly gave false or misleading alibi? Or let them borrow the car, or didn't report they had taken the car, through fear or threats perhaps. MOO.

Bingo.

If they can't rule people out...do they really have DNA from a perp?

"This is such a weird case that we don't have enough to officially rule anybody out at this point," Riley said of the Delphi homicides. "We have people that we don't think it is, but we can't rule them out."

http://gazette.com/daniel-nations-a...d-in-el-paso-county-wednesday/article/1613332

Interesting way to say it...

Rather discouraging. :(

I didn't take it that way myself. I don't feel discouraged at all, in view of the sentences that immediately precede that quote.

"...Indiana State Police have said they do not have enough evidence to include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect; he remains a person of interest."

​"So do nearly all the other people whose names were given by roughly a thousand tipsters over the course of the investigation, Indiana State Police spokesman, Kim Riley said Monday."

Then the article states:

"This is such a weird case that we don't have enough to officially rule anybody out at this point, Riley said of the Delphi homicides. We have people that we don't think it is, but we can't rule them out."

BBM

I may be wrong, of course, but I get the feeling that the people they don't think it can be refers more to all the other names given by the thousand plus tipsters, than to DN...

JMO

If they can't rule people out...do they really have DNA from a perp?

Honestly, that was my thought, too. I do think they have some DNA from something, but it could be indirect DNA evidence like a stray cigarette butt. If they have direct DNA from bodily fluids, it doesn't seem it is matching one of the POIs, but neither is the indirect source.

I think they have some kind of DNA, but not sure what kind. IMO.

Yeah, made me scratch my head - so double negative makes it " we have people that we think it is but we can rule them out". So they have Poi's that they have ruled out . We know that though cos RL was one and there have been others too. So we don't care about them, we only care about any POI's that can't be ruled out - and they only have one person like that ATM.

BBM

Yes, but we don't know that they only have one poi.

Didn't Becky Patty say in one of the interviews she gave recently that they have been through this several times before? If I'm remembering that correctly, then they've had several suspects and cleared them... and we heard not a word about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1