Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see if this works...

Nope... I was going to post the new update on the Colorado court dockets. New hearing added for Jan. 4, 2018 a "Permanent Planning Hearing". Don't know "what" that is?? Can't be about the children, as that was still listed and the other ones for today are gone.

Anyone have anything on today's hearing at 11am?

Let's see if this works...

Nope... I was going to post the new update on the Colorado court dockets. New hearing added for Jan. 4, 2018 a "Permanent Planning Hearing". Don't know "what" that is?? Can't be about the children, as that was still listed and the other ones for today are gone.

Anyone have anything on today's hearing at 11am?

It is about the children’s welfare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What link on DNA did I miss?

I'll hop back a few pages and bump the DNA link forward. Quite a change, isn't it, that the old fox would provide a needed link. lol

I had been off site trying to find any news from Teller Court, but bombed out...

I feel like they may have. Based upon the wording of "we cannot include or exclude DN," I think the test was inconclusive because the DNA at the scene was incomplete or mixed. Even if you google "DNA cannot include or exclude suspect," you are only presented with articles like the one below OR articles specifically about DN.

https://ojp.gov/ovc/publications/bulletins/dna_4_2001/dna8_4_01.html

Bumping this DNA link @Shire and anyone else who might have missed it.

Mark mine as: Not homeless, not DN

Merci

Opinion poll
Results to date

BG is homeless, not DN 0
BG is homeless, is DN 8
Unsure BG is homeless or DN 15

Not homeless, is DN 1
Not homeless, not DN 7
None of the above 1

If you want to vote for one of the first three, see posts 483, 484, 485.

Eta Colorado time is 7 hours behind GMT , 2 hours behind EST.

(As of 6 Dec '17)

Please put me down as "not homeless, is DN". Thank you.

They charged him with having a weapon at a school or University? Do you have a link? I must have missed that!

It has always been there. The road that comes into woodland park from Rampart Range Rd, where DN/KN were camping, passes by all of the woodland park schools, one of which has an enormous playground. It would have been place for the nations to stop with their kids. I bet this charge will be dismissed. Steetview of playground and school from Rampart Range Rd. https://goo.gl/maps/y2kySGFRZt32

And yes, KN was arrested also. She has outstanding warrants in IN for FTA and at the time I do recall that the Hatchet Man and woman were wanted in connection to the hatchet threats. I posted the article in a previous post.

http://www.kktv.com/content/news/2-people-447798983.html

"Along with the photograph, several members of the public had described the same vehicle as being linked to a man threatening hikers and bikers with a hatchet."

"It was one of the key pieces, and it's something that came in over and over from different complainants in the menacing cases we saw up in Monument and the Mount Herman road areas," said Jacqueline Kirby with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office. "When you've got a number of people corroborating each other’s stories without their knowledge, that's something we really have to take very seriously and we do."

and, this article everyone should bookmark. It fills in details.
http://www.krdo.com/news/crime/el-p...cused-mount-herman-menacing-suspect/627138536

"After running Katelyn and Daniel's in the system, they both came up as having non-extraditable FTA warrants from other states and Daniel was a registered sex offender. "

This is what the current docket for DN looks like. For the January hearing they're both scheduled to be there.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/dockets/index.cfm#results
attachment.php

Attachments

• DN Court 12_7_2017.jpg
    DN Court 12_7_2017.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 318
Info on permanent planning hearings (note this is part of the Social Security Act, so it's Federal level). It's 67 pages long, I only pasted a snippet below, in quotes & italics:

"Court hearings are used to review the status and determine the permanent placement of children who have been placed in out-of-home care, including foster care. The Adoption and Safe Families Act (ASFA) of 1997 (P.L. 105-89) amended title IV-E of the Social Security Act in an effort to provide added safety and permanency for children in out-of-home care.
ASFA placed an emphasis on improving planning and expediting decision-making for the permanent placement of children in the child welfare system."
(From pg 1, link below)

"Reunification of the child with his or her family is the preferred permanency option whenever that can be
safely achieved. In those cases where reunification is not appropriate, adoption is viewed as providing the greatest degree of permanence. In some situations, however, adoption may not be a realistic or appropriate option. For example, some older children may object to losing legal ties to their birth parents. Or some children have special needs that prevent placement in a home environment, so an adoptive placement is difficult to achieve. Consequently, in those cases, attention may be focused on alternative permanency options such as guardianship with relatives. Such options do not provide the same level of permanency available through adoption but frequently facilitate continuity of family ties, which may be in the child’s best interests."

(From pg 4 at link below.)

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubPDFs/planning.pdf
Statute specific to CO on pg 11
Statute specific to IN on pg 23

Just my interpretation, but it seems this hearing is to decide on a permanent living situation and given all the circumstances (excluding any BG theory) it kind of sounds like this could be going in a direction that doesn't look good for parental custody?

I will check that out but I think since then they have stated the voice and video are likely the same person and the girls talk on the recording about a man following them, so if it was a catfish, they would have been expecting someone surely?

Correct, they would have been expecting someone, but the person that BG portrayed himself to be online, even with phony photos. Not the real BG. Even though a public place, the girls were suspicious knowing if it was the right place and right time for a meeting? Libby started recording. Maybe didn't call anyone because they knew they would be in big trouble and Abby already knowing her mother told her not to been the bridge?

LE said at the press conference it was most likely
2 people. They can't guarantee that's BG voice.

LE said at the press conference it was most likely
2 people. They can't guarantee that's BG voice.
If you "reply with quote" it makes it easier for posters to know to whom you are addressing your comments.

Later in the investigation they have said they believe the voice belongs to BG AFAIK.

Opinion poll
Results to date

BG is homeless, not DN 0
BG is homeless, is DN 8
Unsure BG is homeless or DN 15

Not homeless, is DN 1
Not homeless, not DN 7
None of the above 1

If you want to vote for one of the first three, see posts 483, 484,

(As of 6 Dec '17)
Just curious as to one of the choices are not homeless is DN.
Are people thinking that DN was not homeless at the time of the girls murders?
Everything I've read is that he was homeless at the time of their murders.

Good point. I'm sure when BG was coming towards them they thought he was a bit weird and creepy. If they had any idea of what kind of maniac he was they would've run like hell.

It wasn't a choice originally but that is what some have stated so I have just recorded their statements.

That’s my vote. I said I don’t think BG is homeless - at least not the stereotype of homeless. He may have been temporarily living out of a car or couch surfing, but not permanently or long term homeless. I also said DN is possibly BG, because I’m on the fence whether he is or isn’t. Shire interpreted that as is BG.
HTH.

That’s my vote. I said I don’t think BG is homeless - at least not the stereotype of homeless. He may have been temporarily living out of a car or couch surfing, but not permanently or long term homeless. I also said DN is possibly BG, because I’m on the fence whether he is or isn’t. Shire interpreted that as is BG.
HTH.
I'll add "possibly" in the next update as you are the only one in that category. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member