IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #76

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, I have wondered if their "witness" that was supposedly used for this sketch would be able to give an identification of DN in a line up. Do they have to bring him to Indiana in order to get a positive ID from a witness?

If he was seen...let's put him in the lineup... one potential problem I'm not sure of is this.. can you advise the witness before the line up that the suspect may have changed his appearance, lost or gained weight etc..

would this witness pick him out of random suspect photos?

the fact is , regardless of how heavy or different we think BG looks compared to DN in .the BG photos..

his own WIFE..his own WIFE cannot say it isn't him..she can only refute the hat and jacket... think about it.

think about seeing a picture of your husband in a strange coat and hat. THINK ABOUT IT...

it's still your husband...wearing a strange coat and hat...you know him anywhere...you know him dead on straight. MOO
I would think they've done a mugshot line up for the witnesses. Put one of DN with other similar mugshots and see if they pick him out. Stick one of RL in there too and some of the others they have had tips for perhaps.
Regarding the statements from KN, they are there on the internet, so unless the defence got them ruled out because they were from a hostile witness, they could be used in court I guess. MOO.

I've been bingeing a TON of British detective shows lately (HINTERLAND-because I used to live in Aberstwyth, RIVER, BROADCHURCH, SHETLAND, etc.) Isn't it a great time to be watching Netflix and Company? So many good shows on!

I just wonder, sometimes, about what little relevance something actually has to a case. I have to take a step back sometimes and reevaluate what I'm feeling/thinking about in terms of evidence because I tend to get focused on the small things. Every once in awhile I'll pause and think, "I wonder if, at the end, this will have no relevance on the case whatsoever?"

(Hinterland is good isn't it? Lots of murderers living in those hills. I live in West Wales so love the scenery in the show.)
At the end of the day, we all just want him caught.
Bore da. :wave:

Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at that one. I just finished binge watching a BBC series and I could see the Brits with that type of humor.
(I was thinking it was more like Airplane humour actually. Funny. :smile:
So you Yanks are all watching Brit tv?)

"Shannon goes on to say that any updates from authorities on Nations' possible connection to Delphi will be kept quiet for the time being.

“With a case like this there can be radio silence. They will wait to release their information until they have all their ducks in a row.”"

Very interesting.

"Shannon goes on to say that any updates from authorities on Nations' possible connection to Delphi will be kept quiet for the time being.

“With a case like this there can be radio silence. They will wait to release their information until they have all their ducks in a row.”"

It's been over 2 months since that report; LE is sure keeping their word about info being kept quiet.

It's been over 2 months since that report; LE is sure keeping their word about info being kept quiet.

Meanwhile the town of Delphi tries to prepare for Christmas while fear walks the streets.

No way do I see LE holding back info which would let that little town start to relax and heal. moo

Meanwhile the town of Delphi tries to prepare for Christmas while fear walks the streets.

No way do I see LE holding back info which would let that little town start to relax and heal. moo

One would hope not.

There is a grieving family of 4 little dead girls just a few miles away in Flora. Ives slammed the information door shut on that case, too.

Maybe the new prosecutor will be a little more forthcoming with info.

One would hope not.

There is a grieving family of 4 little dead girls just a few miles away in Flora. Ives slammed the information door shut on that case, too.

Maybe the new prosecutor will be a little more forthcoming with info.

Do you think so? I recall when someone took over in the Ramsey case, the parents were eliminated as suspects. That murder has never been solved. I'm hoping the new prosecutor will let us know if the cases with the children are moving towards charges or they still have nobody in their site. Actually, they have named DN a POI so I'm hoping we will learn more about that being the case.

If they had DNA they would just test it and not go through a software system for a possible sketch. For anyone not just this possible senecio put out there. It makes no sense not too. We know nothing if Parabon was used. They also get things wrong. It got my eye color wrong with a medical analysis, not on any family tree dna site.
Yes, past records may get updated with facts but this instance I don’t think so not with Parabon. This is becoming convoluted.

I don't think you understood what I was saying. If they had suspect DNA, of course they tested it- if it came back with no match, they could have done Parabon sketch then. Many people seem to believe that's where the sketch came from. Then, upon DN's arrest, it's possible he gave DNA and just maybe it matched. So they would have that, but his lawyer could argue it was touch/transfer DNA and he wasn't the killer and look, he doesn't look like the sketch. It's possible they have BG on film/audio committing the crime. So if they had Parabon sketch done on DN also, and it came back exactly like the suspect DNA sketch- just one more nail in the coffin. Of course, this is all IF.

I am "thinking about it" and I don't trust KN anymore than I trust DN. From her activity on SM and engaging in videos and conversations with regular people who have inserted themselves into the investigation (referencing the video that was allowed here), I get the feeling that she is enjoying some of the attention. I think she's merely being coy; I don't use her vagueness as any kind of proof.

I agree completely. His own WIFE has an agenda of her own. She has a warrant out for her arrest - her children have been taken away, she contradicts her own statements - important statements - hatchets, guns, trunk locks, etc. There is always the plausibility of moving from obscure youtube videos to the morning shows and some ka-ching.

She will bring herself down IMO. For me DN ≠ BG, but if that fraction of a possibility that the sketch, clothing, demeanor, personality, voice, etc., are all wrong and DN is the guy she might be guilty of accessory or obstruction.

JMO

I don't think you understood what I was saying. If they had suspect DNA, of course they tested it- if it came back with no match, they could have done Parabon sketch then. Many people seem to believe that's where the sketch came from. Then, upon DN's arrest, it's possible he gave DNA and just maybe it matched. So they would have that, but his lawyer could argue it was touch/transfer DNA and he wasn't the killer and look, he doesn't look like the sketch. It's possible they have BG on film/audio committing the crime. So if they had Parabon sketch done on DN also, and it came back exactly like the suspect DNA sketch- just one more nail in the coffin. Of course, this is all IF.
Interesting points.

Do you think so? I recall when someone took over in the Ramsey case, the parents were eliminated as suspects. That murder has never been solved. I'm hoping the new prosecutor will let us know if the cases with the children are moving towards charges or they still have nobody in their site. Actually, they have named DN a POI so I'm hoping we will learn more about that being the case.

I hope the new prosecutor will be more open but I have serious doubts.

When LE said the Delphi case was very complicated, very involved... with a "whole new twist", I believe him.

I think the problem comes if DNA left at the crime scene is degraded or partial or for any reason inadequate in proving a match to any one suspect, then the same issues would result in a Parabon sketch not being accurate.

I can't see how it would be possible for a DNA comparison to a suspect to be weak but the results of a sketch to be a true likeness, if the state of the DNA sample was equal. Unless I'm misunderstanding something?

I hope the new prosecutor will be more open but I have serious doubts.

When LE said the Delphi case was very complicated, very involved... with a "whole new twist", I believe him.

I hadn't realized Indiana State Police had taken over both the Delphi and Flora investigations.

"........Indiana State Police have since taken over both the Delphi and Flora investigations.

They released a statement saying:
"Regardless of who the prosecutor or fire chief may be, the Indiana State Police will continue following all leads related to the Flora fire and Delphi investigations."...."
http://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Residents-speak-out-on-Flora-fire-chiefs-resignation-457834423.html

And a comment from Sgt. Kim Riley, the public information officer for ISP's Lafayette post.....

"...........Riley said the change in prosecutors also is unlikely to affect ongoing investigations in Delphi and Flora.

Prosecutors usually aren't involved until detectives are close to bringing charges, he said, and the interim official can be brought up to speed if search warrants are needed in either investigation.

"The only thing the prosecutor is going to do is basically take our information that we have provided him or her and prosecute the case," Riley said. "All they’ve got to do is read the reports.".."
http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...ns-one-year-after-fatal-flora-fire/865756001/

The most important task for LE is to make sure they thoroughly investigate all cases........no matter how long that may take.

It would only make sense they would remain mum during any ongoing investigation until it is fully completed. That is why in so many cases we think LE must not be getting anywhere on a particular unsolved case. Yet, time, and time again... even though they were mum for a long period of time (sometime months and sometimes years) when it came to releasing anything to the public but all along they were working diligently to solve the case.

I don't think this case will be any different and LE will come forward only when they have all of the evidence concluded that points to the suspect.

It is rather common that LE will go silent in an ongoing long investigation and will only come forward when they announce an arrest of the suspect/s.

Imo, LE will hold all of the evidence they have amassed close to their vest until they are certain they have enough evidence to prove it BARD in a trial.

If DN does turnout to be involved then there is no reason to rush since they know where he is. They know they only get one bite at the apple and its far more reasonable not to rush things, and far more important to get it right.

While I understand wanting to put the community at ease it is really not the job for LE. They are there to do investigations that hopefully solve cases and I do believe they are continuing each and every day to do so in this case.

Until they want the public to know anything they will remain silent. There are countless unsolved cases, including those involving children or minors, but those communities also must wait until LE thinks it is the proper time to announce something publicly. I don't think LE has to say anything for them to already know to be careful of their surroundings by being alert and aware until its solved whether its this community or another one that may have unsolved cases.

It will happen when LE thinks its the right time.

IMO

Speaking of the new prosecutor who takes over Jan. 2, 2018...

http://www.wlfi.com/content/news/In...for-new-role-in-Carroll-County-463546963.html

Incoming prosecutor ready for new role in Carroll County
Posted: Dec. 11, 2017 Updated: Dec. 12, 2017 11:11 AM Posted By: Brittany Tyner

DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) — Carroll County will have a new prosecutor at the start of the new year. Attorney Nicholas McLeland will take on the position.

<snipped> "I'm a public defender here in Carroll County, White County, and Clinton County. I did do some public defender work in Tippecanoe County, but I don't do that anymore. So, that is probably 80 percent of my caseload," said McLeland. He's ready to turn the tables and become prosecutor.

<snipped> He wants to hopefully make a positive change in the county he calls home.
"I didn't feel like I was able to do that, defending people on the criminal defense side. I really feel like I can make a positive change as the prosecutor and that's my goal. When I'm done being prosecutor then I can leave the county in a better position than when I started," said McLeland.

He is well aware he could be taking on high-profile cases – the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German and the four sisters who died in a house fire in Flora. He said his first step will be talking to investigators to make sure he's caught up on the cases.

"Talk with Indiana State Police, local law enforcement, the FBI that are involved and get caught up on where the evidence is pointing at this point and what evidence they have," said McLeland.
<snipped>

Just a reminder that the Dr. Phil Show will be covering the Delphi murders tomorrow:

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2017

Episode: The Indiana Train Track Murders; The Search for a Killer

"Teens Liberty German and Abigail Williams go hiking in the woods of their small hometown in Indiana and are brutally murdered; in their final moments, the best friends may have recorded images and audio of their killer."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!