IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, can anyone think of any interesting info from the Dr Phil show that we can discuss?

Not really no. If LE say the DNA has or hasn't matched and charge him or exclude him that could help greatly. Doubting Thomas me.
I draw inferences.

If the DNA matched, DN would’ve been charged with the murders. LE would want to publicize it. But they have not. The inference: no match.

If the DNA did not match, LE would still not be able to rule him out because (1) there’s a chance, however slight, that the unidentified DNA at the crime scene belongs to someone not involved in the crime; and (2) there’s a chance, however slight, that the DNA belongs to a second person involved in the crime. LE would keep this info to themselves (as with most of the evidence). The inference: no match.

So, can anyone think of any interesting info from the Dr Phil show that we can discuss?

Haha, nothing that won't cause an argument! :)

One thing I wanted to say about the show, however...Some people were saying that it wasn't "proof" that they've moved on from DN because the Dr. Phil show was filmed months ago. (It probably wasn't filmed that long ago because, with current issues, they prefer to film as close to real time as possible.) However, let's say for the sake of argument that it WAS filmed back in August or something...they still could have edited the show in a way to make it appear that they had someone in custody that they were on the fence about. And they didn't. The show was still edited in a way to make it appear that they are in need of more tips from someone who knows BG and can provide some solid evidence for them to move forward from.

Yes, let's think about something and talk about it next thread instead of the topic that's taken up 7+ threads.
Really, is there anything left to discuss about him that hasn't been said 1000 times?
Time for a new merry go round ride :D

The way i kind of look at it now is it is random bad luck if things happen near your home and someone starts thinking maybe you had a hand in it. You cannot do much about it except to try to make sure to prove your innocence.

It is what it is.

Respectfully submitted: the law in this country is that guilt must be proved; one is innocent until proven guilty.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for responding. I believe that's the first time I asked for clarification of your current opinion after all the evidence presented that they do have his DNA.

moo
My opinion hasn't changed since I first listened to DN's letter. Sumzero is now saying ISP had his DNA before they went to Co and I have not seen a link regarding that.

One thing I wanted to say about the show, however...Some people were saying that it wasn't "proof" that they've moved on from DN because the Dr. Phil show was filmed months ago. (It probably wasn't filmed that long ago because, with current issues, they prefer to film as close to real time as possible.) However, let's say for the sake of argument that it WAS filmed back in August or something...they still could have edited the show in a way to make it appear that they had someone in custody that they were on the fence about. And they didn't. The show was still edited in a way to make it appear that they are in need of more tips from someone who knows BG and can provide some solid evidence for them to move forward from.

Totally agree.

I'm convinced it was taped recently. No proof but I'm guessing about 2 weeks before broadcast. moo

Yes, let's think about something and talk about it next thread instead of the topic that's taken up 7+ threads.
Really, is there anything left to discuss about him that hasn't been said 1000 times?
Time for a new merry go round ride :D
If the entire discussion was suspended until new developments in the case, I, for one, would not object. ;)

Respectfully submitted: the law in this country is that guilt must be proved; one is innocent until proven guilty.
[/QUOTE]

Sorry that there is a mistake in post 1067. While 1068 is my corrected post.

I'm saying respectfully that the law is otherwise; yet somehow I cannot get the quote I'm responding to in a blue box.

What do you (or anyone on here)think are the main point(s) meant to be put out to the public from Dr. Phil show? (Other than the obvious, to help find this murderer.) The wife or brother comment really seemed intentional to me, really stuck out. And yet, the show was asking for the nations help in identifying this murderer. (no pun intended)

Hi all! New member as of today. I have viewed as a guest for off and on throughout the Delphi case. I hope one day to see an arrest when I turn on the news! I’m confident LE is doing all they can to get this case solved. I can’t begin to imagine the mountain of evidence and forensic testing LE is sorting through to find this suspect.

Welcome first light.
TY for joining. We are going to a new thread shortly so you will need to click on the link at the end once this thread is closed.
This thread only lasted 4 days so is fast moving.

Respectfully submitted: the law in this country is that guilt must be proved; one is innocent until proven guilty.
[/QUOTE]

That is the law but, unfortunately, it doesn't always work that way.

I posted a long time back about my kids' godfather who was accused of murder because a dead body was found buried on his farm. He'd never met the woman, didn't know who she was, and wouldn't have hurt a fly...yet he had to spend more than $20,000 and a week in jail proving his innocence. Even after they found the guy who did it, LE didn't back off my friend. The trial has been postponed several times over the past few years and it's been a nightmare for him. He has anxiety because every time he hears a car on his gravel road, he is certain that it's the police coming back for more interrogating.

I posted a long time back about my kids' godfather who was accused of murder because a dead body was found buried on his farm. He'd never met the woman, didn't know who she was, and wouldn't have hurt a fly...yet he had to spend more than $20,000 and a week in jail proving his innocence. Even after they found the guy who did it, LE didn't back off my friend. The trial has been postponed several times over the past few years and it's been a nightmare for him. He has anxiety because every time he hears a car on his gravel road, he is certain that it's the police coming back for more interrogating.

That sounds horrendous and I feel so bad for him.

As I don't regularly watch Dr Phil, when current events are featured, is it typical that a police officer joins the show? I recall a few times when attorneys were present, but never a police officer.

I thought ISP Carter's presence added excellent emphasis to the overall theme that somebody can help solve the case.

What do you (or anyone on here)think are the main point(s) meant to be put out to the public from Dr. Phil show? (Other than the obvious, to help find this murderer.) The wife or brother comment really seemed intentional to me, really stuck out. And yet, the show was asking for the nations help in identifying this murderer. (no pun intended)

I think the main point was to cajole someone with more information to come forward. Murders are rarely "clean." There is almost always some kind of evidence left over. Someone can prove that an alibi is a lie, someone knows where a bloody shoe is, someone remembers an offhand comment regarding details of the case that haven't been released made by their spouse/brother/co-worker, some wife has found a piece of jewelry or article of clothing in her house that doesn't belong to her...

That is also why I don't think they've released many more details about the case; they want someone to come forward and provide them with info that nobody else, outside of LE and the perp, knows.

I posted a long time back about my kids' godfather who was accused of murder because a dead body was found buried on his farm. He'd never met the woman, didn't know who she was, and wouldn't have hurt a fly...yet he had to spend more than $20,000 and a week in jail proving his innocence. Even after they found the guy who did it, LE didn't back off my friend. The trial has been postponed several times over the past few years and it's been a nightmare for him. He has anxiety because every time he hears a car on his gravel road, he is certain that it's the police coming back for more interrogating.[/QUOTE]

So sorry to hear this. I hope in time he gets back to a sense of normalcy and trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member