IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A 911 call would have prompted a police response even if (especially if) the call is disconnected.

We have no idea if there is even cell reception at the point where Libby hit record on her phone...

Wow. I have been here since moment one and then had some serious work to catch up on and missed the past day. What a horrible time to be missing!

I watched the presser and it definitely seems that the State Police and FBI are in control of this thing. I am very glad. I think there will be fewer "warrant" mistakes with more experience at the wheel (I'm not saying there was a past mistake, I am just saying that catching the guy is only half the battle. Then, it needs to stick).

Well, so sweet girl was the one that captured the murdering monster! I am so proud of her. This case has not been solved and the guy has not been identified yet. Can you imagine how difficult it would have been if she didnt get them that solid evidence? I cant imagine how scared they were. I am glad they at least had best friend love somewhere nearby, so they didnt feel completely alone. This is the stuff nightmares are made of.

And this dude is sooooo dangerous! He is dangerous to ever single person he passes. I feel confident that he has done this before. I am strongly suspecting that Lyric and Elizabeth also met him. This is one brazen monster! Other people were in the park. One person saw a man by himself, so he likely saw them, too. He knew that these girls would be looked for quickly. They are teens, after all! And still he managed to kill them both and get out of there without a hitch.

Good job, Liberty and Abby! Good job, babies. Y'all might have been the girls to help save the next girl. You are among a strong group of girls who sadly wear that same badge. Wear it well and guide those who are searching. You both have changed this world and you will never be forgotten.

Sidenote- I had a dream that they caught the guy and he was an ex-Marine. Not a retired Marine, but one that had served for a few years when he was young. I am a huge Marine advocate, so I really hope my dream is wrong. But, I hope even more they catch him.

This is so true. Since we don't yet know, and may never learn, but what if Abby told or urged Libby to use her phone to record? I would be pleased to call them both heros. One day in the near future, I'll share their story with my granddaughters so they may take what they need from it.

Complete lack of coverage and only being 13-14 years old with lack of knowledge of how it does work with no coverage? How many parents teach that when giving a cell phone to their children? Close to none bc why would this scenario be likely in even their worst possible nightmare?

Well, my 11 year old has a cell phone and I just asked him what he would do if he had his phone and felt in danger. Without hesitation, he said "call 911." It's not like I had any extensive conversations about 911 with him either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in case someone doesn't click on the link about the 38 year police veteran who says this wasn't a local- that was just his opinion and he is not working on the case.
I know that will be crystal clear to anyone who read it but just in case some skipped over it, that was just his opinion.
I personally don't think it was a local either ( someone would have recognized the image or the voice by now, I'd assume) but what do I know?!?

LOL - should have kept reading! I posted having had the same thought / concern about what was going to happen based on that title as you did - should have read further before I wrote it!

Oh well..half probably will skip both our posts anyway and still cling to the headline! :)

Not to discount his opinion, but based on how things have gone in this thread...

For those who don't read the link, that's THE OPINION of a 38 year old veteran cop, NOT someone actively working on this case.

Not that it invalidates it, but just to try to prevent people saying they read one of the people assigned to the case said that if they don't read the actual article and go off this headline only...

I agree with you. He doesn't have the information that local LE have on the case. Though I do appreciate expert insight into stuff like this.

That's what I'm saying. I'll assume for a second that the mound/trenching that's going on there is from the cemetery. Who's to say the killer didn't work there and plan on burying them in the trenches, etc., because he had the cover of trees on the satellite? Idk, just a theory.

Also, did anyone pass away recently that was scheduled to be buried in that cemetery? If so, you could easily get away with a triple burial by placing not two under dirt in the same plot, maybe a day before the funeral? I'm just thinking outside the box here, but this would be plausible, and would probably work.

LE has zero idea if he hitch hiked...they were just trying to jog memories.
Knew it...they stated he might have been walking on a main road or hitchhiking... see post 254 .
According to the presser they were involved on day one (13:18 mark):

"Nine days ago we had an Agent that was participating in the search for the missing victims and from that moment until this morning, we have stood shoulder to shoulder with our Law Enforcement partners here."

[video=youtube;mZcHfgbOcKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcHfgbOcKo[/video]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Her recording could have been accidental - if she had been recording video earlier, she may have "butt dialed" the video camera to play again - there's been several times I have done that - looked down to see my camera was on when I didn't intentionally turn it on.

LE doesn't seem to think she "accidentally" recorded the events at the bridge... In fact, they said she was a hero for having the presence of mind to record on her phone.

We have no idea if there is even cell reception at the point where Libby hit record on her phone...

I'm thinking she had reception at some point because they uploaded a picture to Snapchat, and that would require a connection.

Interstate 65 is not that far away, and there is a Delphi exit near Lafayette Indiana. Assuming a drifter, he could have followed 65 down from Chicago, maybe hitched and was dropped off near Lafayette then wandered up highway 25 to Delphi.

I can see that possibility, but he would also needed to have not only left the interstate and took a road to basically nowhere, but then also wandered down a local hiking trail apparently on impulse. All of this is clearly possible, and perhaps he was looking for a place to camp. At the same time, I think this scenario is less likely than the local / relatively local scenario.

I dont think Libby had enough time to dial 911. She probably hit record button very quickly and that was all the time she had. NG needs to chill because every situation is different.

Nancy wasn't saying anything about 911, that I heard. That's my own wondering. She was just talking about the recording.

According to the presser they were involved on day one (13:18 mark):

"Nine days ago we had an Agent that was participating in the search for the missing victims and from that moment until this morning, we have stood shoulder to shoulder with our Law Enforcement partners here."

[video=youtube;mZcHfgbOcKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcHfgbOcKo[/video]
Thank you! I take it the FBI was there because it was officially a missing child case. I was just curious as to what changed from the evening before to the morning following to go from calling off a search to having Fed involvement.

The recorded video sounds, to me, like the speaker is not opening his mouth and speaking each word clearly, and separately. He is connecting each word to the other; maybe he has a drawl.

The guy pictured looks about 30.

This crime is so heartbreaking.I feel so sorry for the parents and grand parents.

Well, my 11 year old has a cell phone and I just asked him what he would do if he had his phone and felt in danger. Without hesitation, he said "call 911." It's not like I had any extensive conversations about 911 with him either.

Anyone would say that, but in the heat of the crime that may be the last thing you think of. Who knows what those poor girls were facing

I don't know anything about this area, but if hunting and fishing licenses are required..I would check to see who recently acquired one. What a smart girl to record!! Such a horrible crime. Can only imagine what those poor investigators have heard/seen. I can't bring myself to listen to the audio.

I can't listen to it, either. I know once I do...I can't ever unhear it. Those poor girls...I am floored by the quick thinking of Libby. So smart.

If someone clicks the link at the Indiana State Police website to listen to the "down the hill" audio, is there a way police can track IP address? I would imagine the perpetrator would listen out of curiosity to rationalize the odds of him getting caught. I could see a scenario where he cracks under the pressure and kills himself.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

All web servers keep http connection logs. It will give the originating IP address, the file requested, and other data about the connection.

IP addresses don't mean too much though. A person could be using an open WiFi connection at Starbucks or McDonalds. They could also be using TOR or a VPN that doesn't keep logs, located in another country.

Browser fingerprinting might narrow someone down, but I haven't researched it deeper than in passing.

With the volume of hits going to that mp3 file, its useless trying to find out who is visiting it. It wouldn't be worth investing their resources into it.

It is fairly easy to become totally anonymous on the internet if you have good OPSEC. Purchase a laptop off Craigslist for cash. Use TAILS operating system on a USB stick (this uses TOR for all connections and leaves no trace on the computer). Connect to the internet through an open WiFi network. I don't see the suspect being that tech savvy nor visiting the ISP or FBI website for info.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

May be a father himself..

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

This never occurred to me to until your post. This thought is sickening, but so possible. [emoji53]

My heart just aches for these sweet girls and their family, friends and community. Words have simply failed me the past week and a half...

It also probably started ringing when the girls did not show up to meet their ride. Where was he then? Did he hear it ringing? I just cannot think about it.

I don't think her phone was in the water.Maybe on the ground down the hill?Maybe she taped him and it was knocked out of her hand or she threw it with or without him knowing.

I'm thinking she had reception at some point because they uploaded a picture to Snapchat, and that would require a connection.

Reception in one area, does not mean reception along the entire trail...

It does appear based on the wording of the Presser today, that Libby had that phone hidden on her person and that is the only reason the video and audio files exist to aid LE in catching the scum bag that did this heinous crime to these two beautiful young girls..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02