IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So LE has stated that it is not a person, but posts, right? Because the post you are commenting on can be read the other way, IMO.

The only problem with that being a person (besides what LE stated) is that I don't see the kind of shadow an adult human would make, on the bridge, in the same direction as the little girl's.

On another topic, the audio. Ugh. I don't even know how anyone could make out words, let alone determine that's a human being speaking. It sounds very raspy.

Great to see you Gitana! :wave:

All web servers keep http connection logs. It will give the originating IP address, the file requested, and other data about the connection.

IP addresses don't mean too much though. A person could be using an open WiFi connection at Starbucks or McDonalds. They could also be using TOR or a VPN that doesn't keep logs, located in another country.

Browser fingerprinting might narrow someone down, but I haven't researched it deeper than in passing.

With the volume of hits going to that mp3 file, its useless trying to find out who is visiting it. It wouldn't be worth investing their resources into it.

It is fairly easy to become totally anonymous on the internet if you have good OPSEC. Purchase a laptop off Craigslist for cash. Use TAILS operating system on a USB stick (this uses TOR for all connections and leaves no trace on the computer). Connect to the internet through an open WiFi network. I don't see the suspect being that tech savvy nor visiting the ISP or FBI website for info.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Thanks for reply and insight.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

12 hrs. later and finally caught up. I'm not sure how I made it through the pc this morning. I don't think I will ever get "down the hill" out of my head. But Liberty, wow! What a smart girl. My heart breaks for her and Abigail. I will lose my marbles if they release any more of that audio. I know there has been a lot of talk about his accent , but to me he sounds just like any other man from the Midwest (Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana). Many times when someone called my house they would always ask if I was my mom and no I wasn't. Then, they would say "you sound just like her". This man's voice has to sound just like his parent or sibling, etc. Someone knows that. Also, I do wonder if the bomb threat at the pork plant wasn't because the man knows he is about to get caught and wanted to deter the LE long enough to get farther away (I don't think he's too close anymore) or destroy evidence. I do wonder if anyone saw anyone have a bonfire lately to destroy clothing, etc. Also, I still believe he could be involved with Lyric and Elizabeth in Iowa. Just today, a man wanted all the way over in Arizona for child molestation was arrested in Waterloo, Iowa (right next to where L & E are from). Just because the man killed A & L, doesn't mean he lives in Indiana (although I'm sure he knows the area well). All just :moo:

So he's within 2 hours of Delphi and he hitchhikes from his house to Delphi? Because didn't the investigators kinda stress if any one saw him maybe on the main road? Wouldn't that imply he was walking or trying to hitch a ride?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

What about a bicycle? are there ways back to Logansport, Lafayette etc..that are more scenic..peel off the heavy old fart clothes and emerge an exercise geek taking a ride on a nice day.

JMO, but LE probably has more clues that Libby had on her phone but they don't give up everything to the public while investigating.These girls were placed in a total fear mode and I'm still surprised Libby had the adrenaline to do what she did. That was so brave of her to do under the circumstances

Of course they don't - and shouldn't - release it all.

But considering how urgently they're wanting the individual caught and that they've said they REALLY need any possible clue from the public by voice or photo to help ID, I imagine if the audio included a first name because Libby or Abby knew him, they'd have released that by now.

Or if he were a family friend / known to the family person, and the girls didn't know his name but family would, again, they'd have gotten that and released that if it were just a matter of not being able to locate the person and not an issue of not even being able to ID him yet I believe.

It's just that if they're at the point of trying to drive home with the public that it's a case of "Who's next?" in terms of possible next victims AND having him on the FBI Most Wanted list, they'd have given his name if they had it.

IMO.

I have spent the last 24 hours trying to get up to speed on this case. The details are horrifying, and I hope that I am able to follow until the end. I have started following a couple of cases on WS only to get too emotionally overwhelmed.

Anyway, I just watched the press conference. The first officer who spoke looked like he was on the verge of tears the entire time. I can only imagine the horrors that LE must know. At the end of the press conference, I got the distinct impression that LE believes that there were at least two perps. At the very least, LE is not confident that BG is a lone perp.

I am praying for justice for Liberty and Abigail, their families, and the entire community.

ETA - I was extremely impressed by LE at the PC.

It also probably started ringing when the girls did not show up to meet their ride. Where was he then? Did he hear it ringing? I just cannot think about it.

Sadly, the girls were probably already deceased by the time their ride came to pick them up. Its just heartbreaking to think about.

What about a bicycle? are there ways back to Logansport, Lafayette etc..that are more scenic..peel off the heavy old fart clothes and emerge an exercise geek taking a ride on a nice day.
Could be...im just on the lines that he's a drifter...crime of opportunity even though they did state at the presser it most likely wasn't by chance or something to that effect...i believe it was.

Well, my 11 year old has a cell phone and I just asked him what he would do if he had his phone and felt in danger. Without hesitation, he said "call 911." It's not like I had any extensive conversations about 911 with him either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all fairness all the woulda, coulda and shoulda's really don't matter at all. At the end of the day, two children were murdered and amazingly their actions are helping to direct the investigation. That's more than most adults are able to do.

Knew it...they stated he might have been walking on a main road or hitchhiking... see post 254 .

Are you saying that proves he was hitch hiking? Because they have no idea if he used a skate board or a van or a motor cycle or he walked away from the scene...they were trying to jog a memory in people...that's it.

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/fiel...deaths-of-liberty-german-and-abigail-williams
FBI Indianapolis Special Agent Wendy Osborne

(317) 845-7055

Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Facebook Facebook Email Email

February 22, 2017
[h=1]Information Sought in Investigation into Deaths of Liberty German and Abigail Williams[/h]

Members of our community may have information to assist in this investigation. We are making a direct appeal to members of this community who may have information but are unaware or unsure of its significance or assume law enforcement may already have the information.
Often someone in the community will unknowingly be associated with the individual or individuals who committed the crime and may be in a position to observe behavioral changes in that person. They will recognize the changes, and may even question the person about it, but may not connect the changes to that person’s involvement in the crime.

Since that time, the individual or individuals may have exhibited some of the following:

• A change in the daily routine(s), such as their sleep patterns or use of alcohol or drugs
  • A change in their physical appearance (e.g., growth or removal of facial hair, change in length or color of hair
  • Cleaned or disposed of clothing and/or shoes worn on Monday afternoon
  • A change in normal routine which might include missing work or other engagements
  • Anxiety, nervousness, or irritability
  • Paid attention to the investigation, media coverage, or had discussions pertaining to the deaths
It is important to know that the exhibition of one or more of these behavioral changes alone are not indicative of one’s involvement in a crime

Victims do the BEST they can at the moment they are in and the situation they are in. Do you think anyone would ever say to themselves, "Well, I know calling 911 would be a better idea, but maybe I will just capture a quick little video first." No!!! They wouldn't. So, we can assume that she was able to press one quick button on the phone to capture a video, inconspicuously. Or the camera was already on the screen, and she could easily press it. To call 911, she might have had to get out of camera mode and look at the phone to be sure she was dialing the correct numbers. Is there any reason ever to scrutinize the actions a victim took while she was actively being kidnapped? Especially one that has been called a hero for doing so by the people who have seen it all.

They were victims. She got documentation of this guy. End of story. Good job! Not "Oh, well, she should have called 911 instead." C'mon.

Hi all, I've been following this case along with many and just wanted to add my thought's. After watching the full press conference I got the impression LE feel this wasn't just some random that happened to be there at the time, I think its possible the person/persons responsible knows one of the girls through social media and seen the girls plans to go for a hike that day.
I think LE know there was more than one person involved in the girls murder but they don't want to say so yet.
I wonder if the girls were being followed which is why Liberty starts filming on her phone in the first place, she seems a smart kid so it's likely she would have felt something was off.
When I listened to the audio my instant reaction was the voice doesn't match the big burly guy in the still pic from the video Liberty captured. I could be completely wrong but it was just my first thought. I wish LE would release more info but get why they can't. I feel if they know there's 2 people involved that could make a huge difference when it comes to tip offs from the public.
Interesting observations! :thumb:

Sorry for repeat...

But I neglected to post "with quote"

What if, what if, what if..... you guys are amazing at sleuthing and coming up with so many possibilities. Today I was looking at the picture of the suspect and happened to see a comment that sparked my interest. After some sleuthing and clicking here and there, I was startled when I landed on someone one of the girls would know facebooks. I know that we are not allowed to mention names. But his picture made me feel sick to my stomach.

Possible scenario......One of the girls sees (fill in the blank) crossing the bridge. "Oh my gosh, that's (fill in the blank)". What's he doing here......video tape comes on. Thinking maybe he is coming to pick them up, the girls go to meet up with him. Maybe he even says he is there to pick them up because being friends on facebook, he sees the picture posted of them at the park. Maybe they go willingly at first but things take a turn badly quick. That's when Libby has the sense to turn on her audio to record. We don't hear what may be said prior to "down the hill". We also don't know what was said before she even turned on the video or audio. I do know that I AM calling in the tip of this person. I'm sure that he has been questioned already, but I'm not taking any chances

The recorded video sounds, to me, like the speaker is not opening his mouth and speaking each word clearly, and separately. He is connecting each word to the other; maybe he has a drawl.

The guy pictured looks about 30.

This crime is so heartbreaking.I feel so sorry for the parents and grand parents.

Originally being a small town Indiana person myself, he sounds like people I knew as a child. Running the words together is important here. That's how some "hicks" and "white trash" spoke. Lack of education, backwoods rural folk.

[video=twitter;834613965644783617]https://twitter.com/WISH_TV/status/834613965644783617[/video]
WISH-TV ✔ @WISH_TV
FBI launch digital billboard campaign for Carroll County teens, @ViNguyen reports -- http://wp.me/p4ySt8-2stZ

Indiana is very worrisome right now with so many of our women disappearing.

http://www.thestarpress.com/story/n...battiste-ashley-mullis-tracey-rutel/14581979/

Great link. Thank you. I didn't know so many missing women in the state. I personally get serial killer vibes from this current case, but I could be way off.

What I find interesting about this article is how authorities deflect that any of the missing persons cases could be related. They are taking on more of this tone: "The victims families are reaching out to each other because they are all in the same state and it gives them comfort. Many of the cases are more than 200 miles apart."

Of course the cases are miles apart. Welcome to the Midwest. The little Illinois farming community I grew up in was at least 60 miles from any sort of larger area. Part of being a midwesterner, outside of any metro area, is driving a lot.

This current case the guy may not be local to Delphi, but I guarantee he knows his way around Indiana and neighboring states.

A veteran police officer on the case said that while it's possible, he doubts that this was a chance encounter. He said the other possibility is this person knew the girls would be there that day.

Personally, I don't think there was any planned meeting, on his part or theirs. I do think that someone like this is prepared to do what he did any day of the week that he scopes a good target. That day he had two. In a place where kids hang out, on a day when there was no school and kids were more likely to be present.

That's how I (personally) how I took it also.

It wasn't like he spur of the moment decided to kill (or assault) them when he happened on them.

He set out to kill or assault and it was just a matter of who the victim would be if he had the chance at his given location.

They just were the ones he crossed paths with / scouted out at that point and victimized :(

Meaning not a chance encounter in that he could was intending to assault or kill someone, but a chance encounter in terms of who ended up becoming the victims (I'm also partly basing this on how I've taken other words other phrasing LE has used in this case and even in that presser itself)

I don't understand why they wouldn't have called 911 if they had at least one working phone?

I have wondered this, also. Possibly there was not clear cell phone coverage in the specific area. It may have just been spotty amongst all the trees? I only use a old basic cell phone when traveling, so I don't know how good coverage is these days.

I recall that when they discovered them the local media said the "Crime Scene Processing Team" (or some fancy name) from the Indianapolis FBI Field Office was asked to help with processing the crime scene. But that was early in the case and it may have been not the real reason.

I may be mistaken and will have a hard time stating this right. It seems I recall FBI first got involved to help with setting up a system that could handle all the tips that were coming in.

I dont think Libby had enough time to dial 911. She probably hit record button very quickly and that was all the time she had. NG needs to chill because every situation is different.

That would also make sense to me. Or she did not want to have a voice talking back to alert the perp. Or she did not have cell coverage in that area. Several reasons are possible, I suppose. Libby seemed to be quite alert and smart, so I think she had a good reason for not calling 911, at least to her.

I have also wo dered if they encountered this person more than that one time while on their hiking day. He may have creeped them out earlier, they went on their way but manages to get a surreptitious video at some point, before the final encounter.

As for whether a phone's info could still be retrieved if it had been in the creek or gotten wet, that would be highly probable. If anyone followed Travis Alexander's murder by Jodi Aria you will recall that she sent the camera through the washer and LE was still able to retrieve several photos that helped to solve the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02