IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good night Sleuthers, Thank you to all who shared updates today. I had a long day at work and enjoyed catching up this evening. I really enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and opinions,even the repeat ones. I am thankful there is a site like this one for people with the same interest to share ideas.

I pray that when I wake up tomorrow and check the site. the murderer is caught. Only someone truly evil could do this to two innocent girls. Libby you are a hero and very brave. I am sure your family is proud and rest assure that many are looking for this person and because of your efforts I am sure he will be located.

A few thoughts from a veteran crime reporter:

1. <modsnip>

2. Focusing on details regarding the bridge or the camera angle are useless in that they do nothing to further identify and capture the suspect(s). Examine the suspect. What can we tell? Well, it appears the blue coat is a buttoned model, as you can see the two sides pulling apart near his stomach. This suggests he's a bigger gentleman. See the hard object in his front right jacket pocket? Yet his hand in his pants pocket. Odd, don't you think? He appears to have a mustache, straight brown hair.

3. Police are sitting on a lot more. Given that they have video, most likely, releasing even a two-second clip of him walking might shed light on his posture, gait, etc. Not to mention higher photo quality. I have a suspicion that the entire encounter was captured, but the contents of that video/audio are either too sensitive to release (e.g. cries for help) or could jeopardize the investigation (e.g. the perpetrator telling the victims he's going to shoot them).

4. If the phone wasn't recovered at the scene, they have already tracked its movement, but that's not entirely helpful as it could've been discarded anywhere or turned off and the SIM card removed. If it was recovered, and I believe it was, they've got a digital record of everything the girl did prior to this encounter. That usually indicates he is a stranger.

5. His knowledge of the area would indicate he's familiar with the terrain. Who just happens to stop by a random trail near Delphi, Indiana for a walk? Had the perpetrator intended to kill at that day and that particular time, there are far greater odds of finding a victim at a location other than where this occurred. This suggests to me the attack was random and not planned.

Why are people getting worked up about how we are discussing his accent?? That's basically what sleuthers do and also people actually dedicate professions to researching dialects. It's incredibly important.

Also since I'm only today jumping in here today, is it possible a family friend or older male relative knew where they would be? I'm leaning towards social media contact they hoped to meet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone they actually knew in real life.
If that were the case, wouldn't the video show that? "Hey Uncle Sam" or whatever? LE would surely have id'd him.

Then she is off the bridge, in my opinion.

The photo that is being posted was cropped early on, probably by media trying to fit both photos together onscreen. The one I posted for you was the original version released.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't think it matters in trying to catch this guy.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I don't know why, but photo 2 of the guy creeps me out. It doesn't look like a natural action. It looks like he is exaggerating his action. He's trying to get their attention, or realizes that he is being filmed and he is making an aggressive stomping action. Psycho behavior!

I always wonder if a perp is reading here.
In this case, IMO, this perp is not tech savvy enough to find Websleuths.
I can see the person who killed Missy Bevers reading here, but not this guy(s).

Thank you for responding. With no MSM link, I guess I'll treat as rumor for now.

Fabvab, there was a Tweet by a local journalist about it. She said it is not considered key evidence at this time. I think that counts as MSM, but like she said, it may lead to nothing.

In my opinion voice sounds steady but firm, like someone used to being around kids.
Maybe someone working in a school. School was closed that day for kids.
Were all schools closed or just the girls school?

If that were the case, wouldn't the video show that? "Hey Uncle Sam" or whatever? LE would surely have id'd him.

True. I'm just thinking out loud. Also we only got a small piece of what they released.

In my opinion voice sounds steady but firm, like someone used to being around kids.

If I remember correctly, the reason for the school being closed was a built in snow day. The snow day was never used so kids got last Monday off. I don't think this would necessarily apply to any other school.

A few thoughts from a veteran crime reporter:

1. <modsnip>

2. Focusing on details regarding the bridge or the camera angle are useless in that they do nothing to further identify and capture the suspect(s). Examine the suspect. What can we tell? Well, it appears the blue coat is a buttoned model, as you can see the two sides pulling apart near his stomach. This suggests he's a bigger gentleman. See the hard object in his front right jacket pocket? Yet his hand in his pants pocket. Odd, don't you think? He appears to have a mustache, straight brown hair.

3. Police are sitting on a lot more. Given that they have video, most likely, releasing even a two-second clip of him walking might shed light on his posture, gait, etc. Not to mention higher photo quality. I have a suspicion that the entire encounter was captured, but the contents of that video/audio are either too sensitive to release (e.g. cries for help) or could jeopardize the investigation (e.g. the perpetrator telling the victims he's going to shoot them).

4. If the phone wasn't recovered at the scene, they have already tracked its movement, but that's not entirely helpful as it could've been discarded anywhere or turned off and the SIM card removed. If it was recovered, and I believe it was, they've got a digital record of everything the girl did prior to this encounter. That usually indicates he is a stranger.

5. His knowledge of the area would indicate he's familiar with the terrain. Who just happens to stop by a random trail near Delphi, Indiana for a walk? Had the perpetrator intended to kill at that day and that particular time, there are far greater odds of finding a victim at a location other than where this occurred. This suggests to me the attack was random and not planned.

Breath of fresh air.

Lol 2nd post in 6 years ...love it

Thank you!!!

I wondered the same ... a summer day camp.

Did I miss something about Libby's cell being in water? LE has, in fact, they said there is more video however they can not compromise the case.

Suspect must have known that the girls would not be able to run away easily from him (or them) once down the hill.

I remember reading that there was a set of footprints that initially led searchers to the crime scene. I wondered if they are looking to match the prints? Just speculation.

Thanks!

Done. See post #2

So LE has stated that it is not a person, but posts, right? Because the post you are commenting on can be read the other way, IMO.

You asked me if I thought that LE was lying about it being a post at the end of the bridge.

No I do not think they are lying. If you notice at the end of my comment I said JMOO..... I felt it looked more like a person. That's just my own opinion... I'm barely able to keep up with the posts they are moving so fast so forgive me if I miss something.
I'm not on that bridge and I wasn't on the bridge at the time of the crime. I haven't seen the full video of Libby's phone nor do I want to. So from my perspective and it was even before the PC, I thought it looked like a potential person standing there.
Again ..JMOO. I'm sure LE have better visuals of the photo than I do.
It was just an opinion.

The only problem with that being a person (besides what LE stated) is that I don't see the kind of shadow an adult human would make, on the bridge, in the same direction as the little girl's.

On another topic, the audio. Ugh. I don't even know how anyone could make out words, let alone determine that's a human being speaking. It sounds very raspy.

Can anyone tell if the picture of the man walking towards or away from the crime scene?
He would be walking toward the girls in those stills from the video since it is Liberty's phone recording the video. If you mean where the bodies were found, no, he is headed toward the southern end of the bridge whereas the girls were found east of the northern end of the bridge on the opposite side of the creek.

I was reading when the post came up. Very graphic and long. My first thought was WTH. It made me uneasy for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia