IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 # 81

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
2:18 mark in video:
"State Police still say Daniel Nations is only a person of interest and detectives do not have enough information to include nor exclude him as a suspect."
https://www.theindychannel.com/news...ators-fbi-asked-to-review-libby-abbys-murders

I'm very curious why the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Of all the states to choose from for assistance, why that one? The choice was not random. I thought maybe they're well known for investigative techniques, specialized training or something along those lines that assist out of state LE agencies. However statements on their website use terms like "assist state and local law enforcement", so primarily referencing services and assistance with the state of GA. That made me wonder if there is a crime in GA that LE is comparing notes on.
https://investigative-gbi.georgia.gov/

I found a list of unsolved homicides in GA on the GBI's web site. I was specifically looking for young females. There is an unsolved case of a 16 yr old girl, Hannah Truelove of Gainesville, GA. Gainesville is in the far NE corner of GA, about 70 miles from both the SC border and the NC border. "Hannah was reported missing on August 23, 2012 and was discovered murdered in a wooded area behind the Lake Lanier Club Apartments on August 24, 2012."
https://gbi.georgia.gov/cases/unsolved-homicide
“Injuries on her body were indicative that she died from a violent death,” said Sgt. Kiley Sargent, of the Hall County Sheriff’s Office.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...arned-stalker-series-tweets-article-1.1145761
Hannah has a WS page as well.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Hannah-Truelove-16-Gainesville-24-August-2012

Hannah's case may not be connected, but I'm still left wondering about a possible connection between the girls and similar crime(s) in GA.

My first thought on “why Georgia” is that our US Army Cyber is there at Fort Gordon. They are the best of the best in Cyber (offensive and defensive). Perhaps they have been contacted to delve into this portion of this case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apologies if this has been posted. I just noticed on DN's IN docket that they moved his charges from Greenwood City Court to Johnson Superior Court 3 effective yesterday. This case is for the Driving While Suspended + Possession of Paraphernalia charges of 4/25/17. Johnson Superior Court 3 is where his Felony for FTR will be tried.

02/12/2018
Case Closed before Transferred Out Statistical Closure:
Clerk Administrative Event Motion to Transfer to Johnson Superior Court 3 granted.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase...XRXlNVGN4T0RFek1USXdPakV4TXpneU5qY3lPRFU9In19

TY kizzy. I noticed that too when looking at the site earlier today. Wondering if they will thus all be heard together at the May trial.

My first thought on “why Georgia” is that our US Army Cyber is there at Fort Gordon. They are the best of the best in Cyber (offensive and defensive). Perhaps they have been contacted to delve into this portion of this case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been following an Atlanta missing persons case since August and GBI have not even listed the woman yet or looked at the case. The relatives have been begging for GBI to take it over for some months. When I heard that GBI would look at this investigation my heart sank.
:cow:

I can't believe today is Feb 13.

Sending love and strength to the girls' families and all LE tirelessly working this case.

BG's day will come.

Abby and Libby.
:rose: :rose:

(Pleeeease camera operators, reporters know that you may streaming live before the conference.....I do anticipate, however, the mood to be extremely, extremely intense and somber, especially considering the location (Veterans, have we ever seen an anniversary PC at the "site" in the past?)

Kizzy, I'm interested to look into GBI more, to research what technologies, resources etc they have which is unique to other State Investigative Bureaus...Foxfire would no doubt have some input on this. I feel him (and Los) here with us today.

This feels like a group hug moment.

:grouphug:

:heartbeat: Abby & Libby :heartbeat:

Are all the billboards still up?

I’ve been wondering that as well. Has anyone ever mapped out the locations of the billboards? I’m curious to see exactly where they were put up. I did not see any in my area. Only reason I ever knew about this case was because it came up on my news feed on this day last year. So sad this has not been solved, but am here to see it through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been wondering that as well. Has anyone ever mapped out the locations of the billboards? I’m curious to see exactly where they were put up. I did not see any in my area. Only reason I ever knew about this case was because it came up on my news feed on this day last year. So sad this has not been solved, but am here to see it through.

This is a thought I haven't seen approached I don't think...WHERE exactly are the locations of all the billboards...iirc there were 6000, right?

What a year, to say the least....I just can't believe we are here today a year later....

I saw one the first weekend of December while traveling through northern Indiana on the way to Michigan, but I do not remember where specifically I was at when I saw it. I don't live in Indiana, so that was the first one I had seen, though I had driven that same stretch two other times after the murders prior to that that day. It was a digital billboard that switched between different ads, so it only appeared for a short duration.

Perhap's GBI has a better database of voice recognition comparables ? IMO I've always thought the line "down the hill " was a southern Appalachia accent perhaps northern Georgia. The voice always seemed like an older male 45 to 55. Lots of speculation. When DN was named as a person of interests I felt slightly relieved that he was already in custody. As time goes on, I feel like he is most certainly a perverted idiot, but im straying from the idea of him even being a person of interests opposed to some perverted, idiot, with anger issues, and is always caught in the wrong place, wrong time.

Can anyone tell us what is being said and shown on tv? It was commented on but no link.

If this is regarding my post, there was no link that I found. It was just a little lead-in blurb talking about the case and promoting the segment that will be on this afternoon. It was on the station that Rafael Sanchez reports for = RTV6 (?)

The Digital Billboard Initiative is based on donated space between the billboard companies and the FBI.

https://www.fbi.gov/audio-repositor...rd-initiative-marks-10th-year-112417.mp3/view

The locations change pending availability. I think it's about 10 secs of exposure now. The FBI messages are mixed with commercial advertisers.

-Nin

I know law enforcement are not obligated to give us any information but I really hope they clarify what the situation is with DN. If people wrongly believe that he is responsible then it will prevent people phoning in tips. They cannot have it both ways.

This!!! Well said!

That was an excellent report summing up the case.

TY for posting and she says we can follow on the website.

Alexis has done a wonderful and compassionate job in keeping up on the case, speaking with family etc. in my opinion. MOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member