IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the PC
10:04 mark
"We will continue to manage those tips. And when we're all done, we're going to start all over. Because that piece of the puzzle's in the pile some place."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqX9OHVYeLc
That was one of their statements that didn't make a lot of sense to me. They will start over on those tips of all the people that are not involved? I guess it's honest to say they know they may have missed it and will keep looking. But it means just as they said before that they very well may have already talked to BG.
30,000 tips makes for quite the haystack.

Since we're all kind of going back to the beginning I'll chime in since I'm in Indiana (Indianapolis) and have been following this case since the first report of lost girls came out that fateful day. The following are my impressions and recollections only so JMO MOO IMO etc:

Last year on the same day on Feb 13 there was an Amber Alert issued in Indiana for a teenage girl from Gary (or some such place in Northern Indiana). Her mother had been murdered and she was missing. I feel it later turned out that she was involved in the murder and folks here even speculated that this was a gross mis-use of the Amber Alert code.

Anyway, the Amber Alert was out about the other girl then that afternoon the news started reporting that there were 2 girls missing from a trail in Delphi. Later it was on the news that they were stopping the search. This did not alarm me at all as the "feeling" that afternoon had been that the girls had wandered off or were lost but would be fine and they would find them cold and hungry in the morning but fine. Plus there was the Gary girl in "real danger" or so we thought.

As for the weather, I'd gone out in my "big coat" that day not realizing it was unseasonably warm out and it was probably warmer down here south of Delphi. Point being I don't think there is much to the idea that BG was "purposely" overdressed IMO. The weather changes quickly here and it can be freezing cold in the AM and be in the 60s in the afternoon. It's just how it is.

I did see someone a few pages back ask me my impression of BGs voice but I've been in the process of switching to a new laptop and am a bit scattered so my apologies for the delay. I do a lot of nationwide phone work and have for many, many years so I would say I have a fairly decent recognition of various areas across the country. I posted this back then also but if I had to guess I think it sounds the most like IL to me. Not Chicago-y, more rural IL. I'm from VA originally (IN for 20ish years) and I don't get the Southerny twang quality that others do but really who knows...SOMEONE does apparently.

Since I'm babbling on here it's also MOO that BG is not some well off dude in disguise. I think those are his own clothes and he regularly looks like that (like the majority of men in the Midwest, it's a "uniform" if you will, very common attire). This isn't an office type of guy IMO. My first thought on seeing him on the bridge when they released the photos was that he was not a trail hiker type but just some guy unable to drive (DUI/OWI or something) that was using it as a cut-through to walk to a store (or work or something). That doesn't seem possible with what we know now, however.

Lastly, and I don't have the link handy but during my comp issues and before the anniversary press conference, there was a statement by Carter I think along the lines of something happening in "that quiet place". Those words, to me, seem like they are specifically, directly intended towards someone. Someone may have even referred to it that way before. If anything, this reminds me of RL and his manner of speaking so I will attribute it to them being directed to an older person with a respect for the land and the appeal to do the right thing so it can be "pristine" again. And NO I do not think RL is involved in murder. He may or may not know something, maybe he doesn't even know he knows it because he'd surely have given it up after being popped in the pokey. But more like a father of BG or some older person that knows him and "that quiet place".

Again, all MOO, thanks for reading. I'm glad we're still working on this.
I apologize I did not see your post before I made mine about BG's clothing. I am in 100% agreement that I don't believe he was wearing anything out of the ordinary for that February day in Indiana.

You made some excellent points and I think LE has a similar mindset! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Been following this thread a few days without posting. Glad the thread IS reopened, and there have been some great thoughts posted.

When you think of school shootings, a particular personality comes to mind.

When you think of two girls ambushed on a trail (a bridge that is part of a trail system, I mean), that’s a different personality. Right?

Maybe some of you can help me out.

It seems some of the profiling information provided by the FBI that was popularized in the movie Silence of the Lambs is ignored now.

I know there are mistakes made in profiling, but sometimes it’s the right sort of information at the right time. Did mistakes kill the work of the FBI? Are small towns still holding onto investigations not wanting help from outside sources?

Hope what I am asking makes sense. Thanks, everyone, who has remained loyal to this case.

Speaking of the FBI, I have always wondered what it is about this crime that ISP went straight to the Director of the FBI James Comey. I mean how often does that happen?

Speaking of the FBI, I have always wondered what it is about this crime that ISP went straight to the Director of the FBI James Comey. I mean how often does that happen?

And 6000 billboards in 46 states. Why? I still wonder if there was some clear sign that it is a serial killer.

moo

The relased video (Kesse case) never helped much though did it? Whatever LE is holding back in this case seems to be more about the crime, not the suspect. Hearing any of that probably would not help identify him.

I know they won’t say but the manner of death, if a weapon was used, could be of more help, if some folks out there are eyeing a particular man and then find out these crimes were in fact done in a manner which matches their potential suspect. If they want help from the public, i.e people who know him, they may need to give out a bit more.

"They are counting on the information they do have. Carter believes someone out there knows who the killer is right now. And if there was one thing he could say to them, it would be:

"Trust me. Trust us. Please. Please. Please. Trust us.""

http://fox59.com/2018/02/13/new-tips-new-subpoenas-in-new-year-of-hunting-for-delphi-killer/
I think he said this because of those early days in the investigation when they were making arrests for other infractions. The person who needs to come forward may be knowingly guilty of involvement in this or other crimes.

How in the world did I miss this! There were, according to this article, friends on the trail with the girls that day?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jmo but I wonder if the so-called “man in black” is even factual. It sounds like “the scary man” kind of thing teens might say...but jmo.

It’s a good question to ask. Personally due to how distraught law enforcement still are I think this terrible crime is especially heinous. I’m glad Delphi law enforcement have the resources of other agencies as they are not used to crimes of this nature.

I think he said this because of those early days in the investigation when they were making arrests for other infractions. The person who needs to come forward may be knowingly guilty of involvement in this or other crimes.

I wonder if a person who possibly helped BG as an accessory after the fact by destroying evidence might be given immunity if they came forward. I’m not happy about this possibility but a tipster who knows BG has done this is not going to willingly self-incriminate themselves to law enforcement to help them. It might be a necessary evil.

I thought he said this to encourage someone to come forward who has something to fear from the suspect. In other words saying we can protect you.

That was my impression as well. IMO

I thought he said this to encourage someone to come forward who has something to fear from the suspect. In other words saying we can protect you.

Other Scenarios. Perhaps this won't go down well. IMHO and just a passing thought only on all possible scenarios.

How about this for size. Maybe BG is the witness and Libby did not take the video, the perpetrator of the crime did with her phone. Perhaps BG is the one frightened to come forward because everyone will just assume he is Guilty of said crime when perhaps he may not be.

Just Thinking out aloud
KR
Reacher

I guess the thing is everyone thinks he’s guilty anyway (and personally I have no doubt that the guy Libby caught is the putrid piece of waste LE are seeking) so if he wasn’t he’d have every incentive in the world to come forward and clear his name. So far ? Crickets .., jmo .,interesting idea though :)

I guess the thing is everyone thinks he’s guilty anyway (and personally I have no doubt that the guy Libby caught is the putrid piece of waste LE are seeking) so if he wasn’t he’d have every incentive in the world to come forward and clear his name. So far ? Crickets .., jmo .,interesting idea though :)

LE says BG is the suspect. They have more from her phone than we are privy to and they are telling us he is the guy! He is the guy!

Yes but who would believe him unless he could definitely finger the murderer? If there's no DNA and the other guy/gal( lets call him OG?) has an "alibi" then it is one word against the other and it's his pic and his voice? What if it is a twin brother ? I know stupid - but he could certainly have been the stupid one to get his voice and pic while OG was under the bridge. Have LE definitely said he was there alone? AJMO
:cow:

Hi guys! Haven’t posted in awhile but have been following closely. I just started listening to the Jennifer Kesse podcast and it was mentioned that LE initially only released frames of the POI from the surveillance video. At the time they stated that this was to protect the integrity of the investigation. The family from the start requested that the full video be released. After 17 months they ended up releasing the full video (with the exception of 20 seconds that has been debated). The podcast suggests that this could have been due to new detectives on the case and/or that so much time had gone by without any progress. Just found this interesting in the similarities to what was released with Abby and Libby and has me holding out hope that someday we’ll get to see some of the video. Of course this could all be null and void if the video is upsetting/disturbing and not suitable to public release. MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great post, thanks!

Re: BG's mode of transportation...

" Carter answered, "Um, likely. Walked a certain distance, yes. We don't have any indication that he was close by where he parked a vehicle, because we don't have any information on a vehicle.""

New tips, new subpoenas in new year of hunting for Delphi killer
http://fox59.com/2018/02/13/new-tips-new-subpoenas-in-new-year-of-hunting-for-delphi-killer/

Never heard of the vehicle track which was clearly seen on the large field beside the cemetery (from the woods to the street if I remember well). In February 2017 I thought it to be caused by a fleeing perp.

(Huh? "Vehicle track"? Sorry half asleep, not seeing reference to this in the article, tia.)

(Marking to research...

I would think since the FBI is involved, this is a high profile csse, he's the Director...)

(Huh? "Vehicle track"? Sorry half asleep, not seeing reference to this in the article, tia.)

On day 1 or 2 in Febr. 2017 I saw the one vehicle track across the large field by the cemetery and never found something in MSN about this. And I wonder. - No reference available therefore.

On day 1 or 2 in Febr. 2017 I saw the one vehicle track across the large field by the cemetery and never found something in MSN about this. And I wonder. - No reference available therefore.

I think it was in the MSM helicopter video footage IIRC. Should already be in media thread.

This is what makes me wonder if they were taken somewhere and then the bodies moved back later?? Surely the parents/family members wouldn't have just gone home and gone to bed when the police called off the search. Has it ever been said if they kept searching alone? I know I would have walked through those woods, by myself, until my feet were bloody and raw if it were one of my children.

Everything that has been said about these girls and their characters makes it clear that it wasn't typical behavior for them to pull a "disappearing act" for the night. Is there some other clue we don't know about that led everyone to believe they were somewhere safe and just hiding? This part of the case makes no sense to me.

Maybe that the "phone was pinging all over town" - MP so possibly gave them a false sense of security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar