IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is shocking to realise that people living in towns and States not that far from Delphi don't know about this crime when it has even been covered here in the U.K and in Australia. I think part of the problem is many people don't keep up with the news like they used to, they don't buy newspapers, watch local news or national news unless something high profile happens. It is very possible BG and his family don't live far from Delphi and they have no knowledge of this wicked crime, let alone an inclination he is responsible for it.

I don't know what can be done to publicize this case more. Ideally I would like a social media campaign, cinema advertising, billboards in bus terminals and train stations. It would be wonderful and fantastic if a PR firm could step in and offer their services free of charge to the families.

It is shocking. Maybe they could try the 6000 billboards again - but this time feature the killer, not the girls.

moo

I think the safest bet the investigators have to find BG is to try every effort to keep a nationwide focus on this killer. He could be a local, but I think it’s more likely he is a transient who has other victims. Would love it if Dateline, or another show like that, would do a full feature on this case.

It is shocking. Maybe they could try the 6000 billboards again - but this time feature the killer, not the girls.

moo

I think anything would help at this point. My concern with the billboards is how much people focus on them when driving unless they are stuck in a traffic jam. It is so frustrating the case publicly appears to be at a standstill but hopefully this isn't the case behind the scenes.

Thanks for posting here everyday everyone and for not giving up on justice for Abigail and Liberty.

BBM

Nope. I was talking about the top of his head. So were other people - we had long discussions about was that a part in his hair.

But, personally I always saw a hoodie and or a cap/hat. Definitely fabric, not hair. imho

ETA: Thanks for a new word Shire -- bonce.

Looking at the 2-step gif Dedee posted, I WAS looking this time at BG's shoulders (especially HIS left) wondering if it could be long bunched up hair back there. Bird was quick to shoot me down, but, ... who knows?

Here is the 3 pic gif :

attachment.php

And the same gif with a marked area, so one gets a better feeling for the movements:

attachment.php

-Nin

Bumping. Thanks NIN for the great work.

ETA: Gives me the creeps watching that. He is coming right for LIbby.

moo

Looking at the 2-step gif Dedee posted, I WAS looking this time at BG's shoulders (especially HIS left) wondering if it could be long bunched up hair back there. Bird was quick to shoot me down, but, ... who knows?

I bumped the three pic gif for anyone who missed it.

Regarding long hair, I don't think the sketch is that wrong and it shows short hair. moo

Guys after a week of trying to start from fresh with this very sad case and being stuck at home not feeeling very well with Netflix for company. I have watched series after series of American type films and series. With reference to the clothing I now just see a Jacket with a hoodie under the jacket and a cap of some sort on the head. Which from looking at all the USA things seems to be a very popular way of dressing.

As for my new thoughts about the white thing at the top of the jacket I really do think it could be the sling part of a sling shot because of the Y shape in the middle above the waist.

attachment.php

KR
Reacher

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 299
It is shocking to realise that people living in towns and States not that far from Delphi don't know about this crime when it has even been covered here in the U.K and in Australia. I think part of the problem is many people don't keep up with the news like they used to, they don't buy newspapers, watch local news or national news unless something high profile happens. It is very possible BG and his family don't live far from Delphi and they have no knowledge of this wicked crime, let alone an inclination he is responsible for it.

I don't know what can be done to publicize this case more. Ideally I would like a social media campaign, cinema advertising, billboards in bus terminals and train stations. It would be wonderful and fantastic if a PR firm could step in and offer their services free of charge to the families.

I'm in a neighboring state and it hasn't been covered here at all, not on the local channels. I've seen the post with the sketch pop up in my newsfeed once. My relatives in Delphi have heard about the crime, of course, but I was surprised to find that my family in Lafayette, literally just down the road, had not. Same wit Indianapolis. Once I started talking about it, they remembered, but there have been other crimes more recent (and closer) to them that they've been focused on-and Indianpolis is only about an hour away.

Considering the size of the US, and the number of crimes that occur on a daily basis here, it doesn't surprise me that there are people who haven't heard of it. In my state, we've had at least a dozen awful crimes happen in the past few months alone and many of them involve children. The 14 year old girl who went hiking on our local trail and was murdered and beheaded? Her death remains unsolved and it didn't even make STATE news, much less national. There are people in my county (not town but county) of 2,000 who haven't heard of it. Abby and Libby's deaths were horrible but the fact that they're not getting a lot of national attention is not uncommon. It's rarer for a case to go public, in fact. The ones that Nancy Grace and some of those other high-profile TV people sink their teeth into are lucky. Those are the ones that people remember and put pressure on LE for.

I don't think I can do a thing in the world for this case. I have more local ties than most, and have a relative who actually worked the case in the beginning, but I don't know BG or have any better leads than anyone else. I remain on the board to keep the conversation going so that it doesn't fade into oblivion like the hundreds of others that do.

I'm in a neighboring state and it hasn't been covered here at all, not on the local channels. I've seen the post with the sketch pop up in my newsfeed once. My relatives in Delphi have heard about the crime, of course, but I was surprised to find that my family in Lafayette, literally just down the road, had not. Same wit Indianapolis. Once I started talking about it, they remembered, but there have been other crimes more recent (and closer) to them that they've been focused on-and Indianpolis is only about an hour away.

Considering the size of the US, and the number of crimes that occur on a daily basis here, it doesn't surprise me that there are people who haven't heard of it. In my state, we've had at least a dozen awful crimes happen in the past few months alone and many of them involve children. The 14 year old girl who went hiking on our local trail and was murdered and beheaded? Her death remains unsolved and it didn't even make STATE news, much less national. There are people in my county (not town but county) of 2,000 who haven't heard of it. Abby and Libby's deaths were horrible but the fact that they're not getting a lot of national attention is not uncommon. It's rarer for a case to go public, in fact. The ones that Nancy Grace and some of those other high-profile TV people sink their teeth into are lucky. Those are the ones that people remember and put pressure on LE for.

I don't think I can do a thing in the world for this case. I have more local ties than most, and have a relative who actually worked the case in the beginning, but I don't know BG or have any better leads than anyone else. I remain on the board to keep the conversation going so that it doesn't fade into oblivion like the hundreds of others that do.

That sounds terrible regarding the 14 year old - what was her name and is there a thread for her?

That sounds terrible regarding the 14 year old - what was her name and is there a thread for her?

Loretta Willoughby and no thread. It happened when I was a teenager.

It seems to be a crapshoot as to what gets attention and what doesn't. The disappearance of Britanee Drexel is a case that I follow closely, (She disappeared while on spring break, for those not familiar, and her case has received recent publicity for some new developments.) She, Holly Bobo, and Brookelyn Farthing were all beautiful blondes around the same age who disappeared around the same time. Foul play was suspected in all three and Holly's body was eventually found. Holly's got a lot of national attention, thanks to some airtime on Dr. Phil and an episode of DISAPPEARED Britanee's finally did as well. Brooke got a passing mention on Nancy Grace and a few podcasts have mentioned her. Even our local billboards and signs here in town have been removed or are now faded beyond recognition. She gets a brief mention each year in the local paper on the anniversary of her disappearance.

That's why I think groups like these are important, and why it's essential to keep the conversation going. As long as people out there care and push for the case to be solved, it's less likely to fade into oblivion.

TY mtn. There's virtually nothing on the net about that case except a couple of Topix threads, which I'm sure you know. Some cases don't get exposure at all. Take the Flora fire as just one recent example.

Snipped by me. Respectfully disagree somewhat about Indianapolis coverage. This case has been all over the local news multiple times throughout the first year and every time any event happened (the sketch, DN, etc) all of the local Indy stations covered it. It was on local TV news and local FB news pages quite a bit. One of the stations early on played a live feed of the "down the hill" voice on FB for hours at a time several times. Some of the local stations had dedicated links to timelines and such on the top of their dot com pages for months early on. I think the issue is not so much the coverage (in Indy at least) but more the fact that people just don't watch or follow news. I will say there hasn't been much, if anything, since the anniversary, however. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay