IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #83

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurts to think about the fact that it's been just over a year since Abby + Libby were murdered & the murderer (s) still not captured.

May God have mercy on their families. Also praying that whoever knows something about who did this gets their tail in gear & comes forward .

May today be that day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I didn't really talk about it with that many people, except my friend a few times at work. Sorry I can't give any insight there.
You said she was shaken, as most anyone would be to find any person dead much less 2 children but without being distasteful or disrespectful, did you get any impression if it was more than that? Like brutal or a staged crime scene?

Agreed. Unfortunately, I don't think that person is going to come forward at this point.

With that said, if they know who BG is and if they are missing just that one tip to arrest and prosecute BG, they need to to decide to either move forward with just circumstantial evidence or whatever it is they have.

If they have no idea who BG is than a national campaign should start again. Like someone said they other day, their mom thought they caught the guy. Very few people follow like we do.

I can't imagine how frustrating this is for LE. God bless them.
Completely agree. Was the plan to allow the new prosecutor to follow through with the new subpoenas that Mcleland said he worked on in January? Say 4 weeks max for answers to the subpoenas. Maybe March is the month!

I haven't posted in a while but I still stop by and read pretty often to see if there's anything new and try to brainstorm..

***Sorry, I re-read and this is a really long post. I couldn't figure out how to be more concise..

Everyone here has such good thoughts. I found in the beginning, and even MORE so now, that there are sooo many possibilities.. Just an infinite amount of ways this horrible day could have gone down and why. I like just putting anything I suspect about the case to the side and imagine all the theories that others suggest, because the possibilities about that day are pretty much endless given what little we can know.

This is just one thought, and I don't necessarily even think it's how it happened.. Just something I'm throwing out there to hear others' thoughts on it:

I hadn't given the idea that he could've had an accomplice TOO much thought for a while (at least anyone in the woods), for a lot of reasons I had in my head.

I figured that if someone else was in those woods helping BG there'd have been obvious signs of another person on the path they took once they went "down the hill," or where the murders happened. I remember looking at already observed weather and precipitation for a few weeks prior a while back, and there had been enough precipitation that I think the ground would have been soft and good for footprints, ect., There had to be some signs, or video/audio if there was another person. Just something... A)What could be their reason to not alert the public to two bad guys, B) I'd think that if they were looking to catch two people and needed the public's help, why not say that they're looking for two people?

I watched a kind of horrible movie last night (in that it was disturbing). They supposedly used parts of true stories and accounts from different "killer couples," but the film wasn't an actual true story. But the ways the man abused, manipulated, emotionally tortured, and kept his (also sick and twisted) wife/accomplice under his control, and the awful ways he did it are very real ways that very abusive, evil and cunning people can keep others under their control.

It's one possible scenario as to how, if there was an accomplice to the crimes on whatever level, it might not serve the investigation to say it. There could be audio or video of another person, and it's either suspected or clear that they weren't a willing participant or were in fear for their life.

It would be a possible scenario explaining the LE statements saying that they believe someone knows who BG is, and that they can protect them, which (ONLY IMO) sound like they might be directed at someone. I keep throwing that around in my head and wondering why they sound so sure and like they're banking on that one person. Their emphasis on their ability to protect someone who comes forward would definitely make sense in reaching out to someone they would know to be terrified of BG.

I imagine BG is on edge (accomplice or not). Even if he isn't, I could see LE publicly and transparently appealing to an under-his-thumb accomplice or unwilling participant doing damage. If the perp hears LE appealing to a hypothetical other person to squeel on him, it could end badly for that person. Obviously, then they would lose that "one piece" of the puzzle they need, if what they need is that person.

I hope that if this is the case, that they will listen and trust LE. I have faith in them that they would keep someone safe.

Maybe it is just wishful thinking causing me to read too much into LE's latest statements, and wanting to believe that they really are just one piece of the puzzle away. I hope that they really are, and I hope that they find it very soon.

^^^^ALL just my IMO. Just opinions and thoughts.

Hi all! Been reading about every post in Libby & Abby's thread here for almost a year. I almost registered 3 times but then the thread was shut down each time. Very glad it's open again.

My co-worker was in the search party that found the girls. She's a friend of Abby's mom. My friend was visibly shook up for weeks and weeks. We have since both moved on to different positions and I no longer am in touch with her. I only knew her for a short time but it was right before and after the girls were murdered. It's a lot more real when it happened to a friend of a friend.

It's very encouraging to see such a large community of people who care so much about total strangers. You guys are simply amazing - your stick-to-itness, your sleuthing abilities to find things, analyze and think outside of the box, your brainstorming. Wow! Amazing! Two enthusiastic thumbs up!
icon14.png
icon14.png
And thanks so much for keeping this investigation alive in the daily lives of everyone out there who cares.

Welcome to websleuths hvhope thank you for joining us it is great to have you here.

I feel very sorry for the people who saw the terrible scene that day as it will live with them forever. I hope they had and have access to counselling.

You said she was shaken, as most anyone would be to find any person dead much less 2 children but without being distasteful or disrespectful, did you get any impression if it was more than that? Like brutal or a staged crime scene?

I don't know if she actually saw their bodies. At least not up close. She didn't say and I didn't ask.
I guess I assumed the search party she was in was spread out over hundreds of feet covering a wide area or sector and that she was not in the immediate area where the girls were found.

Hi all! Been reading about every post in Libby & Abby's thread here for almost a year. I almost registered 3 times but then the thread was shut down each time. Very glad it's open again.

My co-worker was in the search party that found the girls. She's a friend of Abby's mom. My friend was visibly shook up for weeks and weeks. We have since both moved on to different positions and I no longer am in touch with her. I only knew her for a short time but it was right before and after the girls were murdered. It's a lot more real when it happened to a friend of a friend.

It's very encouraging to see such a large community of people who care so much about total strangers. You guys are simply amazing - your stick-to-itness, your sleuthing abilities to find things, analyze and think outside of the box, your brainstorming. Wow! Amazing! Two enthusiastic thumbs up!
icon14.png
icon14.png
And thanks so much for keeping this investigation alive in the daily lives of everyone out there who cares.

Welcome and so glad that you decided to join us! We truly appreciate inside views from those who live in the area because you are the closest to this, you can sense the feel of those around you and what the general consensus on the crimes are. I’m sure your poor friend was really impacted. Even if she didn’t see the bodies just to know the family and be out there that day, wow. I’ve been very impressed too that more info about the scene or COD etc hasn’t leaked to any MSM sources, they really have kept it very locked down, unusual IMO. Welcome [emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lack of detailed local gossip in this case has been interesting to me. Hardly anything has "leaked" and the few things that have leaked have mostly been traced back to speculation from people who aren't close to the case (and much of those rumors have been quashed by family members). People are speculating and have formed their own theories, of course, but as far as actual information that may later be verified, it's been surprisingly quiet. I don't think I've seen another case quite like it. In the case that I keep in my signature, the county gossip has been all over that. Off the record, we even have people taking credit for her murder (most of us assume she is no longer alive) and bragging about where her body is. Unfortunately, it hasn't been specific enough to locate. With that case, it's basically become the county's most open secret about what probably happened. Everyone is just waiting around, hoping someone eventually cracks and leads LE to her remains. We have a local girl, 13 or 14, who was killed on a popular hiking trail several years ago and her murder remains technically unsolved as well. But the details of her death are all over the place. Although LE never released them, enough people talked so that the whole county knows how she died and how her body was found. And though her murder is officially still open, it's another one of those things in which there's been enough talk that we have a pretty good idea as to what happened. (Just not enough proof and the guy's dead now.) With Abby and Libby, however, there's a bit of an eerie hush over the case. I've mentioned this before, but my cousin worked their case in the very beginning but he was later taken elsewhere. He said that very few people even within the department have all of the details.

Sad to see the thread so slow. Only 35 posts in 24 hours.

I know. But what is there to talk about that we're allowed to talk about? There's some suspicious people I would love to be able to discuss/sleuth on here, but it's against TOS. LE hasn't named another POI even though I'm pretty sure they have one.

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/One-year-later-keeping-the-case-alive-in-Delphi-474006693.html

One year later, keeping the case alive in Delphi

"I don't think there's multiple pieces to the puzzle ladies and gentlemen," said Carter. "I think there's one piece, and it's having one individual with the strength to say that was my brother, or that's my dad, or that's my cousin or that's my neighbor or that's my co-worker. That's all we need."
I'm beginning to believe Carter is talking to another suspect to finger BG for the actual murders. In the case of Holly Bobo there were multiple suspects and the prosecution and investigators were critisized for their handling of the case.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Holly_Bobo

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/One-year-later-keeping-the-case-alive-in-Delphi-474006693.html

"I don't think there's multiple pieces to the puzzle ladies and gentlemen," said Carter. "I think there's one piece, and it's having one individual with the strength to say that was my brother, or that's my dad, or that's my cousin or that's my neighbor or that's my co-worker. That's all we need."

I think they need a better spokesperson. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out that if somebody tips them to the right person the case will be solved. I really am getting annoyed with the way they are handling this case. IMO

Thank you for including MSM link, and quotation marks around the words from LE. My own emphasis on this is to boldface-type the "one individual with the strength to say that was my brother," --yes, this is just my opinion at this time, that there is probably a sister, whose brother is jailed for something else. A Dad was mentioned, a cousin, and so on, yet "brother" came first. Another poster, and I don't have that name, said if LE has other evidence, they don't need the word of anyone. And that's the angle that I haven't solved in my mind.

I know. But what is there to talk about that we're allowed to talk about? There's some suspicious people I would love to be able to discuss/sleuth on here, but it's against TOS. LE hasn't named another POI even though I'm pretty sure they have one.
Apparently they have hundreds of POI's. They just are unnamed as I understand it. Wonder if tips have increased past the 300 reported a few days ago?

Welcome and so glad that you decided to join us! We truly appreciate inside views from those who live in the area because you are the closest to this, you can sense the feel of those around you and what the general consensus on the crimes are. I’m sure your poor friend was really impacted. Even if she didn’t see the bodies just to know the family and be out there that day, wow. I’ve been very impressed too that more info about the scene or COD etc hasn’t leaked to any MSM sources, they really have kept it very locked down, unusual IMO. Welcome [emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Thanks.)

and also

mtnlites said:
The lack of detailed local gossip in this case has been interesting to me. Hardly anything has "leaked" and the few things that have leaked have mostly been traced back to speculation from people who aren't close to the case (and much of those rumors have been quashed by family members). People are speculating and have formed their own theories, of course, but as far as actual information that may later be verified, it's been surprisingly quiet.

I agree with this. In fact, one of my few impressions of these murders is that, not only LE, but locals are keeping their mouths shut. To me it is impressive that more has not leaked out as I think that would be the norm.

I interpret this silence as self-control and attribute it to positive good motives and not a negative motive (eg some kind of cover up or something else bad). I attribute the silence to discretion, respect for the girls and their loved ones, the gravity of the matter (2 girls were killed) and not wanting to hinder the investigation in any way.

IMO there HAS to be numerous individuals besides the murderer(s) who know details of the case. Those numerous individuals are not divulging those details. That is very impressive to me and speaks loudly to me of the love and concern the Delphi community has for their own (Libby and Abby's family and friends). My impressions were and are that it has been this way from the start.

If Delphi and state LE have purposefully kept the details on a kind of "need to know" basis, and IMO they have, then I think that's a very smart move on their part because it helps to prevent information leaks and is at least one point in support of the idea that they are handling the investigation wisely and with integrity.

Kudos to LE and kudos to the Delphi community! And may today be the day that brings a breakthrough.

For me, it's not about the number of posts, it's about the content. Lately there are new ideas, revisiting old ideas, and some posts with good critical thinking and a willingness to not get stuck on one theory.
JMO

Sad to see the thread so slow. Only 35 posts in 24 hours.

Apparently they have hundreds of POI's. They just are unnamed as I understand it. Wonder if tips have increased past the 300 reported a few days ago?

I don't believe they really have hundreds of POI they are seriously looking at, just like DN is still a POI they don't care much about at this time.

Excellent post. JMO they really are being #Delphistrong, as they say. Maybe they are putting their desire for justice above their need to vent or gossip.

(Thanks.)

and also

I agree with this. In fact, one of my few impressions of these murders is that, not only LE, but locals are keeping their mouths shut. To me it is impressive that more has not leaked out as I think that would be the norm.

I interpret this silence as self-control and attribute it to positive good motives and not a negative motive (eg some kind of cover up or something else bad). I attribute the silence to discretion, respect for the girls and their loved ones, the gravity of the matter (2 girls were killed) and not wanting to hinder the investigation in any way.

IMO there HAS to be numerous individuals besides the murderer(s) who know details of the case. Those numerous individuals are not divulging those details. That is very impressive to me and speaks loudly to me of the love and concern the Delphi community has for their own (Libby and Abby's family and friends). My impressions were and are that it has been this way from the start.

If Delphi and state LE have purposefully kept the details on a kind of "need to know" basis, and IMO they have, then I think that's a very smart move on their part because it helps to prevent information leaks and is at least one point in support of the idea that they are handling the investigation wisely and with integrity.

Kudos to LE and kudos to the Delphi community! And may today be the day that brings a breakthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay