IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was a registered Sex Offender, I would think a DNA match would have already been made?

As sad and unrealistic as it sounds, if he's a relatively recent sex offender, it's possible that his DNA has *not* been catalogued at all by the Indiana DOC.

Though, if this is a sex offender, it's more likely that they simply haven't been able to match it yet, which is why they announced the expedited DNA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was 1/4 mile or so from the bridge, through the brush. Probably around 10 minutes +/-.

Using Google Earth, the distance from the end of the bridge, to roughly where they ended up "50' from the shore line/creek", is around 1000', and I'm being generous.

Now, for all the people who want to look at the mapped area I looked at, just look up the park on Google Earth.

****SPOILER ALERT****

There are two creeks the bridge crosses. Deer Creek, and Bridge Creek. They were at the Bridge Creek end of bridge, by a road below them, which turns into a driveway.

So they had to walk across two creeks, to the spot where they were murdered. Bridge Creek, across what must be hard or semi-hard soil, to the creek bank for Deer Creek, then acoss Deer Creek, up the creek bank 50' to the killing spot.

Under 1,000' according to Google Earth.

It's doubtful that Delphi has enough cell towers to be able to determine any sort of vague area that a phone will be pinging in. Libby's phone was pinging "around town" just like everyone else who's sitting at home having dinner or watching football. JMO. All that "pinging around town" likely means is that the phones were on...

I don't know much about cell towers but I remember the murderer of Imette St. Guillen had his cell phone history tracked and it led to her body in a swamp. They were tracking his phone because he was a bouncer at the bar she was last seen.
That was in Brooklyn over 10 years ago.

I mean this with no disrespect, but <modsnip>These types of stereotypes are incredibly hurtful. I'd like you to understand that the most harm a "typical" schizophrenic will do is to themselves. You can believe what you wish to believe, but please be mindful that schizophrenics just... don't act that way. Real life =/= fictional depictions of mental illness. If this were a movie, your theory would have credence. Schizophrenics aren't scary people, I promise.

Have had family members who had mental illness. I know it quite well. Also witnessed one of them become violent and delusional as a result. Not to the level of murder, but scary.

Yes. That's a common way to conceal guns.

I can't picture why a person would carry a gun UNDER their pants? ....What happens if they need to access the weapon quickly? Undo Belt, Undo Button, Pull Down Zipper, Drop Pants & THEN Unholster Gun??.......... ( see what I did there?..lol)

I carry mine in my jacket in the winter months when exercising on the trails and I carry under an oversized shirt in the warmer months. If the perp is carrying a gun it appears to me it's in his right jacket pocket. MOO

As sad and unrealistic as it sounds, if he's a relatively recent sex offender, it's possible that his DNA has *not* been catalogued at all by the Indiana DOC.

Though, if this is a sex offender, it's more likely that they simply haven't been able to match it yet, which is why they announced the expedited DNA.

Isn't the expedited DNA that which they have collected from individuals they have interviewed?

I can't picture why a person would carry a gun UNDER their pants? ....What happens if they need to access the weapon quickly? Undo Belt, Undo Button, Pull Down Zipper, Drop Pants & THEN Unholster Gun??.......... ( see what I did there?..lol)

You can do it pretty quickly if you know what you're doing. The holster actually makes it easier. You don't have to undo your pants at all.

Using Google Earth, the distance from the end of the bridge, to roughly where they ended up "50' from the shore line/creek", is around 1000', and I'm being generous.

Now, for all the people who want to look at the mapped area I looked at, just look up the park on Google Earth.

****SPOILER ALERT****

There are two creeks the bridge crosses. Deer Creek, and Bridge Creek. They were at the Bridge Creek end of bridge, by a road below them, which turns into a driveway.

So they had to walk across two creeks, to the spot where they were murdered. Bridge Creek, across what must be hard or semi-hard soil, to the creek bank for Deer Creek, then acoss Deer Creek, up the creek bank 50' to the killing spot.

Under 1,000' according to Google Earth.

This is how I am calculating the distance. Can you post a map of the location you are talking about?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,014
Isn't the expedited DNA that which they have collected from individuals they have interviewed?

They haven't said. I assumed it was DNA from the scene. It's more important to identify the assailant's DNA first. They have to have something to compare to a suspects DNA.

I carry mine in my jacket in the winter months when exercising on the trails and I carry under an oversized shirt in the warmer months. If the perp is carrying a gun it appears to me it's in his right jacket pocket. MOO

Agree. In a previous post on one of the previous threads, someone showed the outline of it. Right hand. I didn't see it at first, but when another poster did reverse imaging, it seemed very clear.

So he did leave DNA on the girls. Yay! I'm assuming it's not a local or he'd be recognized by now. Always thought he was a drifter/bum and wanted to rob them. He's long gone.

Im very glad to hear they have DNA supposedly and that they asked people they interviewed to volunteer their DNA.

That may help rule in or out some who I have been wondering about. LE may also put up a red flag if someone doesnt want to submit their DNA.

Wish DNA testing could go quicker though. It is a common bottleneck in lots of cases. Its great technology but we need to develop faster turnaround.

Until this guy is behind bars I am really worried he will kill another girl. He may feel he has nothing to lose after seeing his photo on the news. He needs arrested like yesterday.

The following has always been my theory on helping get to the bottom of cases like this and in life in general. Its basically like one big onion, the facts are in the center. All the innuendo, miss information, shadows in pictures, and basic falsehoods are in the exterior layers. You have to start peeling this all away in order to see the truth in the middle. So often we instead try to take al the miss information and try to throw it at a wall and make a picture. The problem is the picture will be of what you want it to be instead of what it actually is. I find this very usefull in raising teenagers as well lol. A lot easier to find the truth ounce you remove all their little white lies. just my 2 cents

I've seen articles that say a mile and three fourths of a mile, obviously over rough terrain.

"Following an extensive search, at approximately 12:15 p.m. on February 14, 2017, the bodies of the two girls were found in a wooded area near the Delphi Historic Trail, approximately one-half mile upstream from the bridge."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia