IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just joined and this is my first post. In regard to his blue jeans determining his age- that style of jeans is usually an older generation's choice; however, if he shops the thrift store, that's what he would find so I don't think his dress in this instance determines his age. Second opinion, regarding the dates of death being different. My opinion comes from working for both Dallas newspapers for over 5 years. I worked the obit desk and the family writes the obituary. The funeral home calls it in to the newspaper. In today's world, it's posted on the website by the funeral home after the family writes it. The family is under great stress and isn't focused on dates at this point. They only remember the last day that the person was alive to them. I hope that helps end the debate over the difference in the dates of death and the age of the jeans.

Welcome :)

Yes, about the obituary dates - I've been meaning to mention - I had to write my brother's obituary a couple of years ago. They printed what I wrote without input or editing of any kind. It was entirely up to me. I know that if my child disappeared one day and was found dead the next, I would probably put the earlier date but who knows - it might be really hard to bring myself to say definitively that she was dead on what may have actually been her last day alive. Who knows what their thought process was when picking the date to go with. The parents have unfathomable grief to deal with, I wouldn't dare second guess their reason for which date they choose.

State Police Leaving crime scene:
[video=twitter;834825923191066624]https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR/status/834825923191066624[/video]
Were they there for only an hour or two? Curious. BTW they should car pool ;)

I can't bring posts over in to this new thread (I guess I'm tech challenged) but if someone can explain their thinking to me where we differ, because I just don't see it.

I posted earlier that it seems clear he's wearing a hat, hood or both. I strongly suspected hood myself because LE had specifically mentioned hoodie so that just kind of makes sense.

I also said that when posters are saying "oh I see his hair, it's white/brown/black" (I have read all three here), I think that is unlikely because if LE knew what color hair he had, they would want that detail to be out there and it's not. White male with black hair can narrow things down significantly. Even if a person changes their appearance later, people who knew them earlier as having a certain color hair may still recognize him.

People are posting that he can't be wearing a hat because LE hasn't mentioned a hat and I think that might be a fair point too. But then those same people are saying he has hair (and some specifying color) regardless of the fact that LE hasn't mentioned knowing that info. To me, that doesn't make sense.

It's possible that they have said "hoodie, jacket jeans" because that is really all that is there. It is also possible that the picture is grainy enough that they just can't tell if part of what they are seeing is hat, hair, bandana, wig, mustache, goatee, shadow, or God knows what else, and that they have only released things they are certain of like white, male, jeans, hoodie, jacket, with the possibility of other things still being present, just not identifiable. And if the FBI is assisting them, I think they have much fancier tools to enhance images than we do and we really aren't going to be able to make conclusive statements if they can't.

So my suggestion would be that we don't make definitive statements about physical traits, clothing, cars or other things we think we see in the woods, etc. outside of what LE has released. If I'm misunderstanding something and more info is out there than I am aware of, please do let me know. But otherwise, I guess I'm coming down on the side of the fence that is concerned about confusion created when things are repeated as fact and then carried through the threads. All JMO.

I'm sure it's my imagination, but they look like they're in a hurry.

I thought so too. And there's a lot of them, too. More than I would expect if they were just doing some routine checking or followup.

I still keep coming back to either, one it is somebody that is local or somebody that lives in a neighboring community but knows the area well. Locals have said the trail is fairly long and its a ways back just to get to the Deer creek high bridge. In other words its not just somewhere that ppl just passing through would generally know about. I wouldnt be suprised if we find out that this guy would go out there regularly and watch ppl and just wait for the right situation that he was looking for. Just my gut, but i also live in a small community with hiking trails behind a park that are hidden and when we go there we generally can name everybody that we see there. I still believe this guy was just out there stalking and waiting for the right time to pounce and thats exactly what he did. Somebody knows this person or has seen them around there before and i think its only a matter of time before somebody identifies him or he strikes again. These people dont just quit and i pray to god somebody; weather it be family or friends says you know what, brother Bill goes out there and hikes or fishes or hunts or whatever all the time. I wonder what he was doing that Monday. MOO

Question - I can't remember where I read it, but I recall reading that a woman had came forward & said she'd been on that bridge around the time the last photo of Abby was taken. She had said she only saw one guy when she got there and another couple and that she'd walked that bridge & back, but hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary. Did anyone else read this?

This article mentions her. She did not see the girls. http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

This is the second time they went back to the crime scene. I wonder what prompts these visits. The area was released back to the owner just a day after they found the girls, so anything they find there now (if they went to find something) would be questionable as evidence.

Soil sample is really the only thing I can come up with. Or take more photos to study the layout and his likely path through the trees?

I just looked at the pic and I thought it was a hoodie. However I now clearly see it is just a camouflage hat and what appears to be the outline of a backpack in the pack. Also seems in one of the pics he gots something wrapped around his mouth.

I'm wondering if they went there from a recent tip.
State Police Leaving crime scene:
[video=twitter;834825923191066624]https://twitter.com/VanwykWTHR/status/834825923191066624[/video]

i just looked at the pic and i thought it was a hoodie. However i now clearly see it is just a camouflage hat and what appears to be the outline of a backpack in the pack. Also seems in one of the pics he gots something wrapped around his mouth.

no hat.

No one ever said if Abigail had a cell phone.Did she?

"Oh - and I hear people talking about the toll this is taking on them. Please don't let that happen. Take breaks for a day. It's OK. If I were - God forbid - murdered, not only would I be so grateful for all of the people putting in their time and caring, but I wouldn't want anyone getting sick over it. I am prone to nightmares, and have to watch myself, too. "

Yes, I had to take a break on Tuesday. I have been a nervous wreck for days. I'm a single mom, I've got 2 daughters near these girls ages. (2 older boys too) I live about 45 minutes from delphi in a very small town. I haven't slept good, I jump at sounds outside just bc I'm jittery. This case has scared me like no other case has ever and my mom and I have read many many books, watched documentaries together for over 20 years, so I can usually stay calm about it. I've had to take a Xanax this week twice already. I don't know how to shut my mind off about it.
God bless these families and those investigators.

I hope this is a funny story.

The night they were recovering Jessica Ridgway's body (and that was a nightmare with my eyes open), I was home alone. I live in a suburban area where the houses aren't real isolated but they aren't real close together. And my house backs up to the woods. It was late, past midnight. I had locked and checked all the windows and doors a couple of times.

And all of a sudden the house went BANG! like something big had hit the wall.

And then it went BANG! BANG! again.

Damn I jumped. Surprised there's not still a carbuff-shaped print on the ceiling. I thought the killer was about to come in and get me. I ran upstairs and locked myself in the bedroom with my cell phone trying to decided whether to call 911.

That's when one of the neighbors called, asking if I felt the earthquake.

Earthquake? We don't get those around here. It's not California :)

I felt very foolish. But I still didn't unlock the bedroom until morning.

We have no evidence other than what LE has released or "hinted" at. Even that info has no useful context. Other than that, some of us may have received unofficial info from folks who know someone who knows someone who was in the search party. I received info like that to regarding what was discovered. Who knows how much, if anything, is true. Then we have info that has not come from LE but say family or folks close to family who post stuff on FB or the like, like the guy on FB 2 hours after discovery who blurted out on his FB page where the bodies were found. Who knows how much, if any, of that info is accurate? So from all that info, some reliable, some not, we put our thinking caps on and try to come with theories. I myself have done so. But even that is, to me, a wasted effort, because a theory is only so good as the evidence that supports it, and there clearly is a dearth of that. Almost every piece is in the hands of investigators, and they are not talking. All we can do now is see if the guy in the pic and in the audio clip can be identified and located. That's it.

A few questions I would like to have answered:

*If the girls were "reportedly" found by following footprints, where did the footprints go away from the girls?
*What led them to the Bicycle Bridge Road home? What was said/observed that a request for a search warrant was granted? It is a 54 minute walk, if I am putting this address in correctly.

This is the second time they went back to the crime scene. I wonder what prompts these visits. The area was released back to the owner just a day after they found the girls, so anything they find there now (if they went to find something) would be questionable as evidence.

Soil sample is really the only thing I can come up with. Or take more photos to study the layout and his likely path through the trees?

Has the park been re-opened? Maybe somebody found something relevant. Er, germane.

A few interesting items in this article:

The two friends were active on social media on their phones before they disappeared, with German posting final Snapchat images of Williams walking on the bridge, which is 60 feet above the creek, at 2:07pm.
In the grainy image, the man, can be seen walking with his head down and hands in his pockets, along the same bridge. He is dressed in jeans, blue jacket and a hat.
Sgt. Slocum said: 'We are actively looking for this person. This person is our suspect.'
Authorities believe either the victims came across the killer by chance or the suspect knew their plans and was lying in wait.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4249630/Teen-girls-photographed-recorded-double-murderer.html

not sure how accurate it is, but it does say 'their phones' and not "phone'

I’m just going to throw this out there…
In researching the unsolved murder of my aunt, I came acrossa SK who traveled around to different historic sites and civil war reenactments.He participated in the reenactments, some which were often an annual event sohe got to know the locations. The SK drove a van and had his “supplies” readilyavailable and even kept notes. This man also only had an IQ of around 80 butmanaged to get away with several murders before being caught.
All of that being said, maybe BG is interested in railroadhistory or something that draws him to the area occasionally and he is notlocal. JMO
http://truecrimediary.com/index.cfm?page=cases&id=174

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member