IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this is a funny story.

The night they were recovering Jessica Ridgway's body (and that was a nightmare with my eyes open), I was home alone. I live in a suburban area where the houses aren't real isolated but they aren't real close together. And my house backs up to the woods. It was late, past midnight. I had locked and checked all the windows and doors a couple of times.

And all of a sudden the house went BANG! like something big had hit the wall.

And then it went BANG! BANG! again.

Damn I jumped. Surprised there's not still a carbuff-shaped print on the ceiling. I thought the killer was about to come in and get me. I ran upstairs and locked myself in the bedroom with my cell phone trying to decided whether to call 911.

That's when one of the neighbors called, asking if I felt the earthquake.

Earthquake? We don't get those around here. It's not California :)

I felt very foolish. But I still didn't unlock the bedroom until morning.

Seriously that was a scary night abt Jessica.

But :floorlaugh: I think I remember it. Didn't feel a thing. I hope you had the ceiling checked by an engineer.

<modsnip>

With all due respect, LE has not said whether the man was wearing a hat or not, or whether the hood on his hoodie was up or down.

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

I happen to see a camo baseball cap and a hoodie with the hood down. (Except in that inverted photo someone posted, and in that photo it does look like a hood is up).

This is all my opinion, and I'm not claiming it to be fact.

I think the problem with the hat conversation is we have the people who are saying "I don't care that LE doesn't mention a hat, or that someone already reverse-negative'd the photo so we can see clearly that it is only a hood, to me it looks like a hat so I'm going with "it could be a hat" ".

Not everyone realizes that LE very pointedly gave out their description and it did not include a hat.

Not everyone saw that great reverse-negative photo from the last thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-13-Feb-2017-8/page72&p=13172636#post13172636

They just don't KNOW, and threads move so fast that it takes awhile to see everything and sometimes you just can't see it all.

But the thing is.. the hat conversation - it's pointless for any number of reasons, not the least of which being LE DIDN"T DESCRIBE HIM AS WEARING A HAT. So to tell people that his description (may) include one could be MISLEADING. The last thing anyone is going to find helpful is BEING MISLED.

IMO.

I'll hush now.

Starting in thread 3 or so I have simply scrolled past repeated discussions of hats, jeans, fanny packs, poles, obituaries, and the like. That's the only solution I know.

Ok so I've been thinking about LE saying they don't believe the murder to be a chance encounter, but have no evidence yet to an internet tie. So, I'm now wondering if the evidence to make them think this wasn't a chance encounter must have been something left behind by the killer or how they were killed. Rope, ties, maybe the weapon or manner of death. The police seem deeply disturbed by this murder, so I guess I'm thinking it was extremely brutal. Tying them up would be a good way to control 2 girls at the same time.

Jmo jmo jmo
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm inclined to think that he may have called one, or both, by name during the audio recording. While that could simply be a case of him listening to them before he approached them, it would still be a red flag for LE. Jmho

WOW...I don't think I have ever seen a thread move so fast...I will never be able to read it all.

I wondered if anyone thinks this guy might have a broken nose or is it just bulbous? Could just be the light and shadows of course.

BGFace.jpg

As has been mentioned here 450,000 times there is no hat.

There is no hat, there is a hat. There is a mustache, no it's a goatee. There's a car, no that's some rocks.

Some of us just are not going to accept definitive statements of fact that go beyond what LE and the FBI has put out regardless of how many times they are posted.

As has been mentioned here 450,000 times there is no hat.

That's your opinion. Others disagree and that is their prerogative. I personally think it's a moot point. Even more so than the jeans.

With all due respect, LE has not said whether the man was wearing a hat or not, or whether the hood on his hoodie was up or down.

http://www.in.gov/isp/delphi.htm

I happen to see a camo baseball cap and a hoodie with the hood down. (Except in that inverted photo someone posted, and in that photo it does look like a hood is up).

This is all my opinion, and I'm not claiming it to be fact.

Quoting directly from the article

"The photograph appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie"

Hoodie is mentioned. No hat is mentioned. So I don't know why this hat thing keeps being mentioned. I am not even typing the word hat once more.

Seriously that was a scary night abt Jessica.

But :floorlaugh: I think I remember it. Didn't feel a thing. I hope you had the ceiling checked by an engineer.

Still have nightmares from the overhead video...

...but I get the same feeling from this case. Like the evil is trying to crawl out of the computer screen and crawl over me.

Quoting directly from the article

"The photograph appears to depict a white male wearing blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket, and a hoodie"

Hoodie is mentioned. No hat is mentioned. So I don't know why this hat thing keeps being mentioned. I am not even typing the word hat once more.

Shoes weren't mentioned either, but we know he was wearing some.

This is the second time they went back to the crime scene. I wonder what prompts these visits. The area was released back to the owner just a day after they found the girls, so anything they find there now (if they went to find something) would be questionable as evidence.

Soil sample is really the only thing I can come up with. Or take more photos to study the layout and his likely path through the trees?

Some killers like to re-visit crime scenes. Perhaps police got a tip that someone resembling the photo was spotted at the scene.

...what about the FBI stating that he was wearing a hoodie isn't good enough?

If he were wearing a hat, they would be very happy to share such a fact. What will it take?

From the FBI posters, the man is wearing "blue jeans, a blue coat/jacket and a hoodie." The initial descriptions from LE said he had on a cap. They have since changed their statement.

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-indiana-murder-mystery-as-reward-reaches-50g
[h=1]Citizen Sleuths Spring Into Action in Indiana Murder Mystery as Reward Reaches $50G[/h] by Inside Edition 3:58 PM EST, February 23, 2017

America is a nation of detectives as everyday citizens attempt to identify a suspect featured in cell phone video of the two murdered teens in Indiana.

People in the town of Delphi &#8212; population 3,000 &#8212; say they refuse to believe the suspect is one of their own.
"We hear that muffled: 'down the hill, down the hill' &#8212; Why was it muffled?" Grace told ABC News. "Because I think she put it in her pocket. Now they are only releasing a portion of it, why? It could be an attack on the girls. It could even be their murders that they are not releasing to spare the families. But there's more proof on that video!"

A source familiar with the investigation described the full cell phone recording as "the stuff of nightmares."
An additional idea centers on whether the killer was recently released from prison.

Veteran New York Homicide Detective Sergeant Joe Giacalone is following the case

"I don't think this is the first time he has done something like this," he told Inside Edition. "He was following them for a while and I think that's why she was able to snatch this picture because if you notice he's looking down he's not even paying attention. She realized maybe there's something wrong and she snapped this blurry video.&#8221;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia