IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither is Los Angeles. I think the point was that Delphi is a small town and doesn't have murder rates like large cities. Perhaps the OP was just using two large cities as an example.

My 14 year old granddaughter lives in an idyllic little town in Maine where, like Delphi, nothing has ever happened. She was allowed snapchat when she started high school this year and this has me freaked out about the possibility of being tracked on social media.

Just wanted to say that I appreciate being able to read people's different takes on this case. I follow it frequently but usually have nothing to say that hasn't already been said. I just hope he/they are apprehended, and before anyone else is hurt. I was struck by the visible effects of this case on LE at the press conference; I can't remember who said it, but it was obvious that they are haunted by what happened.

Thank you for being here hoping and thinking. And a HUGE thank you for NOT repeting the same questions, and minutiae that bogs down a thread, and makes it a nightmare to read through!
Happy to have you here!

I agree. I also think about Libby's grandfather reporting her phone was pinging around town. I think that is a big clue to either be ruled out or in. How far is it from the bridge to the downtown area? Are there bars there? I know there is nothing I can likely add the investigators haven't already looked at, or proprietors haven't offered up, though, but the cell phone pinging before they were found is one angle worth taking a look.

I think also in that quote there was something about one cell tower, so it may be the pings seemed to be pinging all over town but the phone was still near the scene of the crime.

Any of you more knowledgeable folks on cell phone pings have any answers?

Second question, there is that Find My iPhone feature. How quickly can pings be traced and could this be what the grandfather meant? Thanks!

Her phone's battery died in the hours after their deaths. "Pinging around town" could mean a lot of things. It pinged until the battery died, which I'm purely guessing was early that evening.

One thing about LE revisiting the area-

They have the video. They know that she began filming him on the bridge. I am guessing that he took control of them in some way on the bridge. With that known, they will be able to hear based on footsteps, when they went from walking on the cross-ties of the bridge, to walking in the leaves. They may also be able to hear if they stepped in water of if the ground changes to to sand. I am betting the video continued through the entire event. This would provide a lot of insight to them as to how fast they were moving through the woods. They can probably analyze the frequency of the footsteps to determine how fast they were walking and they know how tall Abby and Libby are. I really think that video can be used to get them very close to the actual path they walked. Knowing where and how fast they walked can give LE an idea of whether or not he had already chosen the place he was taking them or if he walked them randomly until he found a spot that felt suitable.

Also, I wonder if the perp used either of their names? That would rule out a chance encounter and could support the idea of a scheduled meeting or at least that he knew they, Abby and Libby, would be there that day.

Not ruling out an additional perp is the strangest part of this to me. They have loads of evidence for a crime of this nature. I feel they know for sure whether or not there is an additional person involved in the actual abduction and murders. I believe the phone continued recording after both girls were killed and it should be easy to tell if it is one or more people walking away. I'm confused as to why they aren't saying one way or another - we believe this individual acted alone or we have reason to believe he had an accomplice.

Good (hypothetical) analysis! Wanted to add, they would also know the exact time the event occurred.

A sad thing is that the Monon High Bridge, which from the different pictures, articles and YouTube videos I have seen, seems to be a rather beautiful, much loved and iconic spot, is now forever more tainted from the actions of one sick and evil individual.
If as others have suggested, 'bridge guy' was a tourist and just happened to be there walking the bridge and trail that day as many others have done, he just turned the place into a site now associated with death and human misery.
Some other thoughts I have.
An individual with no self control i.e just sees and takes (opportunistic killer) or an individual with control - who has staked out either his victims or the area prior to the act.
I think it's entirely possible (IMO) that he was very familiar with the area, so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick review of registered sex offenders in Carroll County IN = 26...many of which were sporting mustaches of varying degrees...just a thought but LE has probably had their hands full just verifying alibis on these. Realizing they haven't revealed if the murders were sex related but I'd bet $ they were and that the perp (once identified and captured) will have a known background as an offender. Just my opinion.

Her phone's battery died in the hours after their deaths. "Pinging around town" could mean a lot of things. It pinged until the battery died, which I'm purely guessing was early that evening.

Do you have a link for this information?

My personal opinion is that the method of murder resulted in blood, and probably a lot of it. If that's the case, the perp had to have blood on himself so he had to have either driven himself there (and away) OR lives close enough to walk home. I don't see a bloodied man hitch-hiking.

IMO, MOO.

Or had a change of clothes with him, washed himself in the creek?

Arrghh accidently hit send. I was going to say that I think he frequented the area waiting for opportunity. He was dressed for a 'stakeout' not a quick visit. IMO

I'm starting to think that we are giving the perp way too much credit with some of the theories. I'm thinking it's more likely that he is just a drifter who is mentally disturbed. A paranoid, psychotic, schizophrenic, he hides out in rural areas like this. The girls unfortunately caught him during one of his psychotic episodes. His reason for murder may have been as simple as the girls were part of the "conspiracy" against him. He may not remember or full comprehend the crime. He may also still be in the general area unaware that anyone is even looking for him. I think this will lead to him being found sooner than later. A lot of things don't make a lot of sense to me on this crime and point to someone not playing with a full deck.

Any estimates on how long it might take to walk from the bridge to where the bodies were found? Has this been discussed before and I missed it ?! It probably has :( (My mind kinda' shuts down after a billion posts on dad jeans, bigfoot in the background, and hat or no hat... sorry)

They should improve that bridge and add a little sitting park at the end by the hill with a memorial plaque.

I actually took the picture the police have posted and one of the sex offenders in Delpi and overlapped them. Its jaw dropping. I sent it in today. I tried to post it here but the file is too large

In defense of Detroit, although I know we have crime it's actually becoming a pretty vibrant city. Plus, I'm pretty sure Chicago has taken top murder seed by now.

That said, I agree with you. Kids play outside everywhere. I don't lock mine up either, even in Michigan:)

No offense at all. Detroit just popped in my head. I could have said Denver, Atlanta, Miami, or any other large city with much higher crime rates. Just trying to point out how this seems like a small town, not much happening kind of place. BTW one of my dearest friends lives near Detroit. And she seems pretty normal:)

I'm starting to think that we are giving the perp way too much credit with some of the theories. I'm thinking it's more likely that he is just a drifter who is mentally disturbed. A paranoid, psychotic, schizophrenic, he hides out in rural areas like this. The girls unfortunately caught him during one of his psychotic episodes. His reason for murder may have been as simple as the girls were part of the "conspiracy" against him. He may not remember or full comprehend the crime. He may also still be in the general area unaware that anyone is even looking for him. I think this will lead to him being found sooner than later. A lot of things don't make a lot of sense to me on this crime and point to someone not playing with a full deck.

Being mentally disturbed doesn't mean he isn't smart or able to run from his crime ect. If it was a schizophrenic episode, likely the person has come down from it and realized that that is them the police are looming for. JMO

Sent from my UMI_Diamond using Tapatalk

No. Just NO! The girls did not catch him at a bad time. He was waiting for them and he was prepared. There is not one thing about this crime that suggests the disorganized mind of a schizophrenic. IMO.

I ask awhile back and tried to see if it was answered, perhaps it was and I missed it. But does anyone know if the cemetery is more of a rundown one or more of a newer one? The reason I ask, I am wondering if he was able to use this as a way to convince the girls to at least get off the bridge and walk that way by saying the cemetery had really cool camera shots etc. and then that's when his opportunity was presented. The girls not necessarily scared of him, but not fond of him, just willing to walk that way to get the pics. Maybe introduce themselves as they are walking small chit chat and then they start feeling really scared and that's when Libby starts recording etc.? maybe the initial pics on the bridge were her saying hey this is the man who took us to the cemetery to show us all of the pretty headstones and whatnot, when they got back to her sister. Which might be why they weren't scared at first. It's the only way I can rationalize how the girls might have let their guards down some.

It looks like an older cemetery, but there were flowers on the graves, so it is not abandoned or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia