IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delphi murders: Sheriff pleads, stop posting side-by-side photos of suspects and new sketch
The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office posted this Tuesday morning on Facebook:

“Please STOP posting side-by-side pictures of people you think did this. You are ruining innocent people’s lives. Before posting a side by side, imagine that is your son, brother, or father.

“If you have a tip, we have given you the proper way to report it.

abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com or 844-459-5786. “

APR 29, 2019
Libby German’s sister forms friendship with sister of Golden State Killer victim
Libby's sister, Kelsi, is getting help from someone who knows exactly what she is going through. That person is Michelle Cruz. The Golden State Killer murdered her sister, Janelle.

"It feels like it’s only been a month," said Kelsi.

Time goes by fast for Kelsi, whose memory of that day has never faded away. She was only a junior in high school when someone killed her younger sister, Libby, and her best friend, Abby.

i_iguvl.jpg

Kelsi German and Michelle Cruz at Crime Con

"For the first year, I was kind of in denial," said Kelsi. "I would still go in the driveway, look at her bedroom, and see if the light was on."

Kelsi does not want to know the details of what happened to her sister. She does not want that to change her memories of Libby. At first, she did not want to be involved in the case at all. That all changed just before her freshman year at Ball State when a chance encounter at a true crime convention connected her with Michelle.

[...]

Multi-Agency Taskforce Clarifies Points about the Delphi Murder Suspect Sketches

“Multi-Agency Taskforce Clarifies Points about the Delphi Murder Suspect Sketches
Indiana State Police sent this bulletin at 04/24/2019 02:19 PM EDT

LAFAYETTE DISTRICT
5921 State Road 43
West Lafayette, IN 47906

www.in.gov/isp

FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt

Sgt. Kim Riley
Public Information Officer

April 24, 2019

Multi-Agency Taskforce Clarifies Points about the Delphi Murder Suspect Sketches
Delphi, Indiana - In the early days and months of the Delphi Murder investigation information was developed about suspect descriptions. It was initially believed the sketch that has been in public view over the last two years of a person in the age range of his 40’s to 50’s was a person of interest in this murder investigation. Now, as the investigation has matured and past information has been reassessed, it is the belief of investigators with the Multi-Agency Task Force that the person depicted in the sketch released on April 22nd more accurately represents the person wanted for the murders of Abigail Williams and Liberty German.

It is important to distinguish these points about the two sketches:

They are not the same person
The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s
This person’s appearance could look different today if he has grown a mustache, beard or let his hair grow longer or cut his hair shorter than depicted in the sketch
Members of the Delphi community should reflect back on people they know in the community that look similar to the sketch released on April 22nd, especially if that person has changed their appearance since the murders occurred in February of 2017.

###
RILEY/BURSTEN

State Police section divider
POWERED BY
Powered By GovDelivery”

APR 30, 2019
Sister of 1 of 2 slain girls takes suspect search to Twitter
The sister of one of two Indiana teenagers slain in 2017 has taken to social media to share a new sketch of the suspected killer.

KG's 14-year-old sister, Liberty German, was killed along with 13-year-old Abigail Williams in February 2017 after they went hiking near their northern Indiana hometown of Delphi.

[...]

That sketch has already generated about 2,000 tips and KG has taken to Twitter to ask people to retweet the image and to call in or email tips to police.

KG has more than 4,300 Twitter followers. She tells WRTV-TV that more than two years after her sister's killing "I never thought it would be this long without answers."

[...]

April 22 Press Conference transcript:

<news announcer>
Doug Carter and he has taken the stand. We'll take a listen in.

<audio cuts in to Superintendent Carter>
... the Delphi community how grateful I am you inspire people you don't even understand and you don't even understand why. Information is being released today is the result of literally thousands and thousands of hours of extraordinary investigative efforts by Delphi Carroll County, the FBI, the Indiana State Police and countless other agencies. This community surrounded us some twenty six months ago and you did everything you could to support us but most importantly you surrounded the family of these two little girls. Gosh I'll never forget it. After you hear what we're going to release today I'm going to ask for your continued support, your continued understanding, your empathy and compassion as we move forward to find out who did this and we will.

We're seeking the public's help to identify the driver of a vehicle that was parked at the old CPS DCS welfare building in the city of Delphi that was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North next to the Hoosier Heartland highway between the hours of noon to 5:00 on February 14th 2017. If you were parked there or know who was parked there please contact the officers at the command post at the Delphi city building.

We are releasing additional portions of the audio recorded from that day. Please keep in mind the person talking is one person and is the person on the bridge with the girls. This is not two different people speaking. Please listen to it very, very carefully. We are also releasing video recovered from Libby's phone. This video has never before been previously released. The video shows a suspect walking on the bridge. When you see the video watch the watch the person's mannerisms as they walk. Watch the mannerisms as he walks. Do you recognize the mannerisms as being someone that you might know? Remember he is walking on a former railroad bridge. Because of the deteriorated condition of the bridge the suspect is not walking naturally due to the spacing between the ties.

During the course of this investigation we have concluded the first sketch released will become secondary as of today. The result of the new information and intelligence over time leads us to believe the sketch which you will see shortly is the person responsible for the murders of these two little girls. We also believe this person is from Delphi. Currently or has previously lived here, visits Delphi on a regular basis or works here. We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40 but might appear younger than its true age.

Directly to the killer who may be in this room. We believe you are hiding in plain sight. For more than two years you never thought we would shift gears to a different investigative strategy but we have. We likely have interviewed you or someone close to you. We know that this is about power to you and you want to know what we know. And one day you will.

The question to you: what will those closest to you think of they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls, two children? Only a coward would do such a thing.

We are confident that you have told someone what you have done or at the very least they know because how different you are since the murders. We try so hard to understand how a person could do something like this to to two chil to two children. I recently watched a movie called The Shack and there's also a book that talks so well about evil, about death and about eternity. To the murderer I believe you have just a little bit of a conscience left and I can assure you that how you left them in that woods is not, is not what they are experiencing today.

The family. I hope that you all will give them some time because we're going to be asking that there's no media inquiry or no media response for at least the next two weeks and I hope you understand why. The family found out about this about this information this morning. I just want the family to know that when I take my last breath on this earth I'll be thinking of them. There's going to be a tremendous amount of <unintelligble> I know that. I know that. Never in my career have I stood in front of something like this. Please be patient with us. Please. We're just beginning. We are we are just now beginning. That I can tell you on behalf of the sheriff and the police chief so many other partners that have stood with us over this period of time that we will not stop.

-- Other officer ..
I just unveiled the person that we believe responsible for the murder of these two little girls so I invite media to take a look at that now. Kim.

We're also going to show you a video not previously released that superintendent spoke to and also the audio that's additional to what's been previously released. It's only a slight change in it. So give Sergeant Riley just a second as he gets that up and ready.
<plays audio>
Stand by for the video please. There is no sound of the video.
<plays video> As Superintendent Carter mentioned. He is on the railway bridge. You have to take different steps to get to it. This information later this afternoon will be on the state police website. For the community that's here we have 100 copies of the news release. If you put in that URL you'll be able to get to that site to play it. And we also have that same release for you in the media and the rest of the state we'll get that released in about 15 minutes. So we appreciate those of you that came here. This concludes our announcement. Thank you for your time patience and courtesy.
<end>

Ives from MARCH 14, 2017 article:

“DELPHI, Ind. -- Carroll County Prosecutor Robert Ives told FOX59 the law of averages favors that of the thousands of tips that have poured in and the hundreds of doors police and FBI agents have knocked on in connection with the murders of Abby Williams and Libby German.

Investigators say they’ve possibly met the killer or killers, or may have the clue that will wrap up the case. They just don’t know it yet.

“I think there’s an excellent chance that in these tips, somebody has named the right person,” said Ives of the more than 13,000 submissions that have come in to investigators. “When you ask me, ‘Is it possible some police officer has talked to him?’ I think it’s extremely likely that’s happened.

“I think that’s possible, yes.”“

Prosecutor says cops likely have met Delphi killer or received crucial tip due to scope of probe
MARCH 14, 2017

—-

Carroll County prosecutor to retire amidst high-profile investigations
Nov 11, 2017

“He said the Delphi and Flora cases affected his decision in a way. Ives said charges are not "imminent" in either case.

"If we had filed charges in either of those cases, I do not think I would have retired," Ives said. "In fact, I probably would run again because I would have wanted to see them through from start to finish."“

Snip

"Don't misunderstand me," Ives said. "I might receive a phone call in an hour that says we really have something now, but that is not going on at the moment."

“Ives said nothing in his career compares to the Flora and Delphi investigations. He said he fully expects detectives to solve the cases, but he doesn't expect to be the one to prosecute the suspects.

"If we had enough evidence to file charges in either one of those cases, I would rescind my resignation and make a fool out of myself," he said. "But I would do that because I would want to be there from start to finish."“

Last edited:
Sheriff speaks out about side-by-side comparisons of Delphi murder suspect sketch
May 1, 2019
-video at link

“Sheriff Leazenby said it takes more than just looking like the man in the new sketch to mean that the person actually did the crime. He said the prosecutor needs facts that he can take into the courtroom to prove that the man in the sketch killed the two young girls.

Posting these side-by-side comparisons could also lead to greater problems for those who are creating and sharing them.

"One thing they need to consider is that it could end up in a slander situation where there could be some legal issues involved as well," said Sheriff Leazenby.”

Snip

“The Carroll County Sheriff's Office said anyone who continues to post these comparisons on its Facebook page will have the post removed and they will be blocked from the page.”

“Kelsi German helped searchers identify the bodies by the color of her sister’s shoes.

“I yelled down to them. I told them they were Lilly’s shoes,” she said. “They yelled again that they found them.”

Mike Patty, Libby’s grandfather, said the attacker somehow made the girls feel vulnerable.

“Was it a gun or a knife, was it some sort of weapon, or the girls, they would say, ‘I’m not going down the hill, are you crazy.’”

Delphi murders discussion on Dr. Phil fuels hope that case will be solved
DEC 13TH, 2017

(This article has written “Lilly” which is obviously an error.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdrh12372