IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“One former investigator with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and another with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department both agree, sketches are not an exact science, but they could still help solve the case.

“Sketches are worthwhile, but you never want to take it at 100 percent value and think they have to look exactly like the sketch, because they won’t,” said retired IMPD homicide captain, Robert Snow.“

Former FBI, IMPD investigators explain how new sketch in Delphi murders could help solve case
APRIL 22, 2019

DELPHI TIMELINE: The murders of Abby & Libby

a good timeline I've not seen before.
Only 10% posted below.

DELPHI TIMELINE: Disappearance and murders of Liberty German and Abigail Williams
The mystery surrounding a double murder continues over a month after the bodies of Liberty German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, were found.

MORE | Police search home on property where Delphi teens were found dead |

February 13, 1:30 p.m.: Liberty "Libby" German and Abigail "Abby" Williams were dropped off to go hiking near Monon High Bridgejust east of Delphi, according to family.
  • This was the last time anyone heard from the girls.
  • February 13, 2:07 p.m.: Libby posted a photo on her Snapchat account showing Abby walking across the old railroad bridge.
    This was the last time anyone heard from the girls.
  • The girls had a set time to meet with family members to be picked up.
    When family showed up to get them they were nowhere to be found. Family began canvasing the area for Libby and Abby but could not locate them.
    February 13, between 2:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.:The girls had a set time to meet with family members to be picked up.
    When family showed up to get them they were nowhere to be found. Family began canvasing the area for Libby and Abby but could not locate them.
  • The Carroll County Sheriff's Department, Delphi Police Department, and Delphi Fire Department were joined by the Department of Natural Resources to search for the two missing girls.
    Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said crews began canvassing the area and tried pinging the girls' cell phones into the evening hours but had no success in finding them. The sheriff said they believed the girls' phones were either dead or turned off.
  • At this point in time, Sheriff Laezenby said they had no reason to believe that the girls were in imminent danger and crews would resume their search in the morning.
  • February 14, 12 a.m.: The search for the two missing girls was scaled back around midnight because of the dark.
    At this point in time, Sheriff Laezenby said they had no reason to believe that the girls were in imminent danger and crews would resume their search in the morning. "

More than 3,000 tips since new sketch, footage in Delphi case
ISP encourage tips 'no matter how insignificant'
May 13, 2019

“More than 3,000 tips have been given to investigators about a 2017 Delphi double homicide after never-before-seen video footage and a new sketch were released in late April.

Since a news briefing on April 22, a multi-agency task force has received more than 2,600 emails, 506 calls to the tip line and an additional 145 calls and/or walk-ins to local police departments and state police posts across Indiana, the Indiana State Police announced Monday.“

rsbm

2 bodies found positively ID'd as missing teens

Two bodies were found by volunteers on Tuesday less than a mile from where the girls were originally dropped off. The bodies were found on private property, about 50 feet from the shore of Deer Creek. Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found.

And the following information about who/and again how discovery was made:

The Delphi Murders — Unresolved

The search crews gathered near the Monon High Bridge at around 10:00 AM, hoping to expand outwards in separate directions and cover a good plot of land during daylight hours.

This search only last a couple of hours, however, as a discovery was made by the Delphi Fire Department shortly after noon. At around 12:45 PM, officials with the fire department had followed a set of footprints to a location roughly 50 feet away from the north bank of Deer Creek - roughly half-a-mile east of the bridge. The Delphi Fire Chief reported the discovery as "not good," and indicated that it was the missing girls' bodies.

Who Killed Abby and Libby? 'Mindhunter' John Douglas Offers Insight Into Delphi Murders
May 15, 2019 - Inside Edition Staff

“Former FBI Special Agent John Douglas, aka the Mindhunter, told Inside Edition the audio, of which an extended clip was only recently released, may hold a vital clue, specifically the use of the word "guys."

Guys says to me that maybe he may know these victims," said Douglas. "Or it's a person ... someone who has interaction with children."

“He added that the person who killed the two likely has some kind of "criminal history."

"You don't wake up one day and commit a double homicide like this," he said. "There has to be some kind of trail."“

Indiana cops say they are close to finding killer of Libby German and Abby Williams, but witness may be afraid to come forward
MAY 15, 2019

“No arrests have been made, but Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter told ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Wednesday that “we are one tip away from success.”

Carter said that the state police has received more than 42,000 tips, but there is one major tip that still needs to be delivered.
“If somebody knows something, they need to tell us. I think they’re afraid too,” he told ABC News. “Somebody knows who that person is.”

Snip

“Carter believes it is possible that a family member or a friend “knows something happened after that day.””

ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders
Posted: May 15, 2019
Updated: May 16, 2019

““If somebody knows something, they need to tell us," ISP Superintendent Doug Carter said. "I think they’re afraid to — it's why we have not heard yet — I think they’re afraid to.”

Carter discussed various aspects of the case, and shared many of the same sentiments he's carried over the past 27 months, in an interview with ABC News this week. One thing is certain, Carter believes that the girls' killer is watching their moves and he believes that person will slip up.

“I think the killer is following this investigation very closely," Carter said.“

“"When we decided that, through the information we received, that we were going to release the second sketch I don’t believe the individual knew we were going to do that. So it was really, really important. I think he was probably there and/or watching, simply because he thought we were on the wrong path," Carter said.“

Snip

“"The sketch isn’t a photograph. A sketch is a sketch and that’s really important for everybody to understand," Carter said. "I believe that the individual when we catch him, it will be a combination of those two.””

“They also say they believe the man is from Delphi, is familiar with Delphi or works in the city.

“I’ve walked across the high bridge myself. It’s 65-70 feet off the river deck. It hasn’t had a train on it since 1929," Carter said. "The ties are starting to rot. It sways back and forth and it’s not something you can just jump on and walk straight across if you’ve never done it before. I decided I was going to take the riverbank going back, I didn’t. That wasn’t the first time he’s been on that high bridge, my opinion, again that’s my opinion. I experienced it and I kept a piece of the high bridge and I’ll carry it with me til we find out who this is."”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member