Found Deceased IN - Aleah Beckerle, 19, disabled, Evansville, 16 July 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a reward will loosen tongues- only a conscience will. Pray someone's bothers them enough to come forward.

If the family isn't trying to hide having done something to Aleah, they're hiding something else, IMO.

VERY interesting stuff there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I've been following this horrible "story" since it broke a week ago. I fear it will not end well and that's probably an understatement. IMO it will just be a matter of time before we know the truth. It's unfortunate that this hasn't gone national because that would certainly bring more pressure to bear on those who are involved. I don't for a minute think that LE isn't working all out on this. I'm not a patient person by nature but LE will get to the truth. I have faith. My heart breaks for this child and the life she has endured. I just know I'm going to be really really angry when we find out what happened to Aleah.

Come on! This is ridiculous. No one kidnapped Aleah and the adults in the house know exactly what happened.

Years ago in my high school there was a classmate with a disabled brother ; sometimes we saw him out and about with his family. Our classmate said he (the disabled brother) was a 'creature of habit' and would become defiant if things weren't explained to him -- like for special occasions where the daily routine was changed.

Somehow I find it ludicrous to think anyone could have taken her without the families' knowledge !
The pic of Aleah in her wheelchair chills me -- I'm assuming when she was out of it she needed to be carried ? And have to add as soon as I saw that Aleah was mostly non-verbal and wheelchair-bound, my heart pretty much sank , since she didn't leave of her own free will. :(
It's not like she was communicating with a friend and sneaked off.

Pointing fingers here and if wrong I apologize in advance -- but someone in that house knows something. My fear is that someone became tired of looking after Aleah's needs , and sent her to live with someone else (highly unlikely, imo) ; or that she may have died during a seizure and they panicked ? But if so, why not call 911 and explain everything ??
:moo:

Wow that is one hell of a comment section!

I trust LE, I'm sure they'll find out what happened to Aleah.

Someone's thinking it's hinky that the family checked on her at 2 am but with a disabled person night time checks might be just routinely done to change a diaper or to turn her in the bed if she's not able to turn on her own, to avoid bedsores.

I was thinking... I can see a scenario where she's taken from her home, put out in a field or some such place and left there to die. Without her medications for grand mal seizures she is left there to die without her meds and or being exposed to the elements. It would seem to me to be a good cover if she were murdered. They find her and they rule it as accidentally because she doesn't have her meds. LE says that since there is no apparent signs of a break in, they presume she left on her own accord and passed away because of it. Does that make any sense? Fortunately, LE is a lot smarter than that.

RSBM

What a horrifying scenario , los. This is sad and disturbing on many levels.

Part of me wishes she was taken by a well-intentioned relative who thought Aleah wasn't being properly cared for. But from Dateline NBC's FB, it sounds like not only her wheelchair but her MEDS were left behind as well ? :(
MOO

Have they brought in SAR dogs ?

This is probably about an hour away from me and when I first heard of Aleah going missing both my husband and I said it sounded hinky. I feel very sorry for the family but something just seems off.
First of all it was Aleah was last seen at 9pm, then the flyers changed to 1am now 2am. From the news clips I have seen it looks like search and rescue dogs were already working before the bloodhound unit from Kentucky came in. There is an Evansville search and rescue dog crew (Ohio valley search and rescue)
At the moment there are more questions than answers
SABBM

Answered one of my questions.
Thanks, boonedock !

So what do the search dogs have to say?

Did they follow her sent down the street or to the street where a waiting car was parked at or what?

Come on! This is ridiculous. No one kidnapped Aleah and the adults in the house know exactly what happened.

How many adults are there in the house?

Who's who and whats the age of the household residents?

And how big is the house with how many exits?

Thanks in advance.

I'm thinking, dogs would only be able to pick up her scent if she was put down somewhere, right? If she was carried from the house to a car, they would not detect her scent. I don't think dogs will find a trail in this case. Or is there the possibility that she somehow crawled out of the house? Door was left open? I've heard toddlers do that, even at night.

I'm thinking, dogs would only be able to pick up her scent if she was put down somewhere, right? If she was carried from the house to a car, they would not detect her scent. I don't think dogs will find a trail in this case. Or is there the possibility that she somehow crawled out of the house? Door was left open? I've heard toddlers do that, even at night.

Idk. Some dogs get a mixture of scents as well.

So the dogs that actually find missing people on a SAR should definitely be rewarded big time.

Because imo. It definitely doesn't play out like they show on Csi for the most part.

Especially where the dogs will follow the scent of someone abducted and immediately put in a car. While the dog travels the scent for 1 mile before losing it. Jmo.

But in all honesty. Most funding to heavily train these dogs from birth are nil.

So I think that most LE get sub par dogs that was able to pass simple test. Jmo.

But they no longer get the dogs that can go above in beyond. Jmo

Maybe the government made sure that they get the best sniff dogs first for military usage or fbi usage. Idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth