Recovered/Located IN - Alexis Morales (Dec'd) & son Messiah Morales (Safe)5 mo, driving home, South Bend, 12 Apr 2022

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder how well she knew that area? If you're traveling with a five month old, after an afternoon at the park, the baby will either be out like a light the instant they are in the car seat, or fussy and overstimulated. Easy to get distracted, in any case, with a baby so young.

Very worried about this young mother and her baby.

A silver alert was just issued? Am I wrong for feeling it's too little, too late? They've been missing for 6 days already. I don't remember details from yesterday. Does everyone else just have excellent memory recall and can recite the happenings from last Tuesday? I can't imagine the desperation their family is feeling. :( MOO.

The SUV associated with the Silver Alert for 27-year-old Alexis Morales and her 5-month-old son, Messiah, has been found in South Bend.

1c1ac202-3d69-4bfb-9627-47a916b67cf0-large16x9_SUVfound1.jpg

BREAKING: SUV linked to Silver Alert for missing mom, baby found

So sad to see the news about Alexis. This article says that she was found inside the SUV (I thought that she might have been found in one of the nearby buildings.) Her family has been pleading for a Silver Alert since she first went missing. When the alert was finally issued 6 days later, she was found shortly afterward. If the alert had been issued sooner, I wonder if the outcome would have been different.

Update: Baby, woman found in SUV linked to Elkhart County Silver Alert

The SUV a mother and her five-month-old son were reported missing in has been found in South Bend.

We're also told the child is ok and a woman's body was found inside but she has not been identified.

It has been a week since friends say they saw Alexis and Messiah Morales at Kelly Park in South Bend.

The SUV was found in an alley near West Western Avenue and Kaley Street around 6:00 this evening.

They do tell us Messiah will be okay and is at a local hospital overnight.

We’re told South Bend Police will be working with the Elkhart County Sheriff’s Office and will not provide further details until the family is notified about the situation.

South Bend Police say they will be turning the case over to their Violent Crimes Unit and are waiting for a search warrant to bring the SUV to their tech bay.

What? The baby and the mom were in the SUV? She is deceased and the baby taken to hospital? I don't understand what happened here. Hope we get more information soon. I wonder if someone she knew lived nearby? So sad. Moo

I wonder where she's been all this time? The night-time temps have been low.

I wonder how long it was after they left the park that she died. It is hard to imagine poor little Messiah being able to survive for 7 days without food, and especially without fluids. He must have spent time in the car in the low temperatures, however, because some of the articles say that he is being treated for hypothermic injuries.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/public-sa...d-5-month-old-boy-were-seen-in-has-been-found

SOUTH BEND — A woman who went missing along with her infant son was found dead Tuesday evening, and the child has been taken to a local hospital, ABC affiliate WBND-LD reports.

The body of Alexis Morales, 27, was found near South Kaley Street in South Bend, while 5-month-old Messiah Morales was transported for treatment of hypothermic injuries. He's expected to recover, WBND reports.

It's only about 3.5 miles from Kelly Park to the area on Kaley St where they were located. I have so many questions about their whereabouts for a whole week. I wonder how long her car was parked where it was found? It appears to be an active residential area so surely someone would have seen the SUV if it was there the entire time. MOO

Google Maps - Kelly Park to 400 S Kaley St, South Bend, IN 46619

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back