Recovered/Located IN - Alexis Morales (Dec'd) & son Messiah Morales (Safe)5 mo, driving home, South Bend, 12 Apr 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That literally doesn't answer anything. Location of the wound? Was a gun recovered? I suppose that a (single) gunshot wound is slightly suggestive of suicide but only slightly and only if you take the phrasing as accurate. I'm surprised more people aren't pressing for answers
I sure thought this case would be solved quickly.

After listening to the press conference when they found her, I thought she probably had been shot in the face/head. I wonder what happened between Elkhart and South Bend that has both counties working on the case?

Hm, some sources say "a gunshot wound" while others say "gunshot injuries" and there is frustratingly not a statement directly from the SBPD to be found. Local sources seem to say injuries plural so I will presume that is the more accurate version.
you are correct, latest article states gunshot wounds, as in plural. "Alexis was found deceased with gunshot wounds in her vehicle in South Bend on April 19. Messiah was found alive and was transported to the hospital."
Deputies release timeline in investigation into disappearance of Alexis and Messiah Morales

Alexis Morales' murder is still unsolved. This short video and article is from WNDU's Michiana Unsolved series, dated April 10, 2023.

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (WNDU) - It’s a case that continues to haunt our community as we wait for answers.

A young woman and her baby reported missing. Days later, one of them was found alive, the other found dead.

In Monday’s Michiana Unsolved, Christine Karsten looks into the homicide of Alexis Morales.

At the end of the article there is an interesting video of an interview with Lt. Kayla Miller, Michiana Crime Stoppers.

Alexis Morales' murder is still unsolved. This short video and article is from WNDU's Michiana Unsolved series, dated April 10, 2023.

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (WNDU) - It’s a case that continues to haunt our community as we wait for answers.

A young woman and her baby reported missing. Days later, one of them was found alive, the other found dead.

In Monday’s Michiana Unsolved, Christine Karsten looks into the homicide of Alexis Morales.

At the end of the article there is an interesting video of an interview with Lt. Kayla Miller, Michiana Crime Stoppers.

someone going through the alleyway ... noticed that the car had been there the day before, they'd noticed that the car was there again

shot multiple times

Okay so from this new info I'm inferring that the car had only been there 24-48 hours which makes more sense with the baby being okay. I would now feel comfortable going on to speculate Alexis was with her killer for the days between when she disappeared and then. I wish we knew if she was found in the driver's seat or passenger seat or back seat or what, if she was driving its (to me) somewhat more suggestive of her knowing the killer.

Glad there's an anonymous reward up right on that news video. Cops probably have cell phone and maybe credit card, onstar info etc they're not releasing which I can understand with no current suspects to compare it to but this is the first time I've felt 100% sure this case wasn't a suicide. Hopefully somebody is running his or her mouth to somebody who wants $5000

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back