IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM
I also am not sure the mom was only suffering from the flu - her illness is personal, but seems flimsy for having the girls gone for so long. Most moms want their babies with them NO MATTER WHAT, and the girls were old enough to have possibly been a help to her. Ali was certainly old enough to fix something in the microwave for her sisters, and they could have been quiet during the day watching TV or movies.

As others say - there's something hinky going on here.
MHOO

Snipped...

I agree totally. Once she shows signs of the flu, those children have already been exposed. Also, being a mom, when I get sick, I just deal. It's what we do.

thanks mahoolin--
http://www.indystar.com/article/2011...yssey=nav|head
snipped
FBI agents also were outside a trailer identified by the girl's step-grandfather, David Story, as her mother Tarah Souder's home. A box truck was backed up to the mobile home Monday night, and a sheriff's official said a forensics team was sweeping the trailer looking for evidence such as hairs and fiber

WHY would they be at the mother's trailer, doing this??

BBM
I deleted a post I posted when the news of her death came in, not being aware of her body being found, saying much the same as you. I agree with all you've said above. I also hope that the other two little girls are checked for sexual abuse.

I also am not sure the mom was only suffering from the flu - her illness is personal, but seems flimsy for having the girls gone for so long. Most moms want their babies with them NO MATTER WHAT, and the girls were old enough to have possibly been a help to her. Ali was certainly old enough to fix something in the microwave for her sisters, and they could have been quiet during the day watching TV or movies.

As others say - there's something hinky going on here.
MHOO

I am thinking that with her physical and emotional problems it may not have been safe for her not to have adult supervision. Not that having an adult around did her any good.

I have wondered if he lost his temper, snapped and beat her???

To me, that sounds more like it than a sexual attack. Or maybe she really did have a nightmare and in trying to calm her down he smothered her. I don't jump on the wagon that he was grooming the family or the girls for sexual purposes. His kind of criminal record doesn't automatically make him a pervert.
I know several people, including family, who have felonies on their record and not a one of them would ever have it cross their mind to abuse or rape a child. They like adult hot chicks too much~! :rocker:

BBM

I remember reading a newspaper article in the early part of 2010 that stated that Florida is one of the toughest states in the country for a convicted sex offender to find housing and be in compliance with the registration requirements. The reason the article stuck in my mind is because it stated 50men and two women who were RSO's were living under a bridge in Miami because they couldn't find housing they could afford AND be in compliance with the registration!

For whatever it's worth, I don't believe MP is a convicted sexual "predator," and I think I read here on WS that the parole (or is it probation?) violation is not for a sex crime.

Thank you for sharing!

I wonder if the compliance in housing issue is worse in more population dense areas like Miami where most cheaper multiple housing complexes are near schools and churches, etc?

The northern Florida panhandle is more spread out density-wise and there are also older dilapidated trailer parks in backwoods just barely out of sight of very expensive newer beachfront developments. As long as there are no schools or parks nearby, no prob for sex offenders.

I really hate that his absconding from parole (or probation) went unchecked. If he had impulse control issues and/or defiance issues (obviously), this would have further reinforced his criminal conduct disorders. Having neighbors defend his "mistakes", even as he was continuing to make them, allowed his conduct to spin totally out of control, IMO.

I just think it's possible that gpa and MP met up in prison. They might have shared stories. Linked up after they were released. I have no idea what their relationship was but one was a convicted child molester (gpa) and MP had battery charges, burglary, absconding isn't good either 2x. Wonder what other states he's been too?

A small group of SO's like this can mean much more. In Haleigh Cumming's case, there were 55 in a 5 mile radius, their homes searched up and down by early morning (that couldn't have been a thorough search when the report came in at 3:30 or so) many SO's were rented to by one landlord closer to her home also. They still haven't found Haleigh, 5 people were imprisoned, but no one has been charged with her death as of yet. Groups of SO's like this scare me. I think in Sandra Cantu's case there was a group called the Tracey 50 or 60 and it was linked to an online child *advertiser censored* group. Sick and why would a mom live there in the first place? I think we will find out about a more twisted family dynamics eventually. Hope not, but it's headed that way right now.

Has it been verified she was sexually assaulted??

Just my thoughts---I too, am afraid mother and grandma knew those girls weren't safe.

It hasn't been verified, but if he accidentally killed her by smothering her, he'd have called the police. He wouldn't wait hours to call the mom.

Was this guy grandpa's caretaker? I wonder how they found him to hire him for that role...
If it was true, as Grandma says, that the girls spent time there with this man often, what changed on this night? Was there usually another adult present?

I am thinking that with her physical and emotional problems it may not have been safe for her not to have adult supervision. Not that having an adult around did her any good.

you've got a point there - I guess I didn't think of her disabilities as being so severe, especially with no one being concerned about her walking around in the trailer park unattended - but look where that info came from....

We're all speculating here - just in grief over something that shouldn't have ever happened. :(

He is now.

No he isn't. Nothing has been brought forth that Aliahna was sexually abused nor how she died, if it turns out that she has been then he will have to be convicted before he becomes an RSO. . he isn't going to get out to be on the streets so guess he won't have to register. :waitasec:

Is there some sort of Casey's Law in effect in Indiana? Even if he "accidentally" killed her, he clearly has made false statements to LE leading to a search.

I can't bear another CA outcome.

To me, that sounds more like it than a sexual attack. Or maybe she really did have a nightmare and in trying to calm her down he smothered her. I don't jump on the wagon that he was grooming the family or the girls for sexual purposes. His kind of criminal record doesn't automatically make him a pervert.
I know several people, including family, who have felonies on their record and not a one of them would ever have it cross their mind to abuse or rape a child. They like adult hot chicks too much~! :rocker:

I was thinking this also. It is one of the two, he either just snapped and accidentally killed her and freaked out or was molesting all of them. Just my opinion. You here all the time of parents shaking babies. A special needs kid with a tired non-parent can put a lot of stress on a person. Not to mention a person with a past violent recored. I have a hunch it was a temper that got out of control and he freaked. Doesn't make the situation any better.

Ok I just watched this video, hadn't seen it before but someone else might want to and tell me what you think about it. The sheriff states it was a horrific crime and that the tape was just around the dumpster because they thought things were being led that way, which sounds to me like her remains were not located in the dumpster. He is also evasive about where her remains were found...I really hope it was one place only..and remains were not in two places. http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/n...d-Dead-One-Charged-With-Murder-136243618.html

That's nothing terrible...it's battery...fighting LEO/firefighters/ems
He absconded on his 1 year probation~!
None of his previous convictions that I've seen have been for criminal sexual conduct of any kind. Not making excuses for him but he's not an RSO.

He may not be a Rso, but, surely he could have been an SO, remember, they always start somewhere, and Alia may have been "one" of his victims of many that might have told him she was going to tell on him, she paid the price with her life.

With all due respect, there is a big difference in a person who 'likes' adult women and a person who objectifies women as sex objects minus the whole person. Anyone who obsesses over unknown FB pics, strippers, magazine pics, prostitutes, etc, I believe is capable of harming ANY object available to serve as their sex toy.

Also, I do hope you do realize that the people in this very case, as in TOO MANY cases here at Websleuths, typically say their felonious associates could NEVER harm anyone. That usually turns out to not be true. Unless you live in your several felony-convicted family members' minds, you really can not know what has crossed their minds. I'm sure they appreciate your faith in them, though, as did MP appreciate his neighbor's faith, so much they gave their daughters to him. I do not mean to insult, sincerely, but I'm feeling a little raw right now at how gullible these people were and how it lead to an innocent child's death. Your comment claiming to know what is inside someone else's head every given second is not very credible at the moment.

Ok I just watched this video, hadn't seen it before but someone else might want to and tell me what you think about it. The sheriff states it was a horrific crime and that the tape was just around the dumpster because they thought things were being led that way, which sounds to me like her remains were not located in the dumpster. He is also evasive about where her remains were found...I really hope it was one place only..and remains were not in two places. http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/n...d-Dead-One-Charged-With-Murder-136243618.html

I'll have to agree, it sounds odd. I just read and didn't watch the video, but not once did they mention her body. It was stated more than once "remains". Find her remains, condition of her remains...

Oooh that poor little thing..... :cry:

I'll have to agree, it sounds odd. I just read and didn't watch the video, but not once did they mention her body. It was stated more than once "remains". Find her remains, condition of her remains...

Oooh that poor little thing..... :cry:

I'm thinking it's possible they expect to find evidence of sex crimes in the dumpster, even if her body was in the trailer. He may have thrown soiled or bloody clothing or towels in there or other objects, maybe even something like a sock he used to muffle her, or something used to......arrgh.......can't go on. It's just too painful. As the sheriff's office said, "horrific crime". :(

With all due respect, there is a big difference in a person who 'likes' adult women and a person who objectifies women as sex objects minus the whole person. Anyone who obsesses over unknown FB pics, strippers, magazine pics, prostitutes, etc, I believe is capable of harming ANY object available to serve as their sex toy.

Also, I do hope you do realize that the people in this very case, as in TOO MANY cases here at Websleuths, typically say their felonious associates could NEVER harm anyone. That usually turns out to not be true. Unless you live in your several felony-convicted family members' minds, you really can not know what has crossed their minds. I'm sure they appreciate your faith in them, though, as did MP appreciate his neighbor's faith, so much they gave their daughters to him. I do not mean to insult, sincerely, but I'm feeling a little raw right now at how gullible these people were and how it lead to an innocent child's death. Your comment claiming to know what is inside someone else's head every given second is not very credible at the moment.

I would say that the majority of Males have looked at *advertiser censored*, been to a strip club. Doesn't make them a SO. If you obsess over it, it may be a problem. By no means am I saying this guy should have been watching over those kids. I myself can't understand why the family moved from just 12-13 miles away to take care of RSO grandpa, uproot the family and move them to a trailer park full of RSO's. To me grandpa deserved to die a lonely death.

So sad. Not many details in the article, but I'm sure more things will come to light. She didn't even get to enjoy Christmas :(

Hope her sisters are okay.

Local rumors are that she was found in a dumpster at a fast food place near the trailer park, but that is not official, just local word-of-mouth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back