IN - Aliahna Maroney Lemmon, 9, Fort Wayne, 23 Dec 2011 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me confused but bio Dad says little contact with Mom and Aliahna as of late. Did i not read a prior link stating bio Dad thought the Perp was an okay guy? Then how would he know???? Or was that Step Dad????

Good catch!

yes, i think we can assume they are receiving care... LE is playing this one close to the vest. it's a wonder those little lambs survived in that wolves den at all....

That was nice and i needed that. They truly are little lambs. Seems i have been on a rant most of the day. I pray these girls do well. These cases are tough and i guess coming off Christmas and everything nice.....sigh

BBM: LE doesn't have much to do with what the State/Grand Jury charges; yeah, they may have some influence, but I don't believe they are authorized to "deal" with perps about the possible penalties of a capital crime except that death is max punishment . . . oh, and MP has not been charged with anything as of yet

LE is there to investigate a crime & have enough probable cause/evidence to get a confession

You are correct. I believe he will be charged on Friday. I do believe that LE can utilize, with approval of the state, certain bargaining tactics though. jmo

(responding to the bolded part)

Respectfully, some of us are wondering whether this assertion is actually true (unless by "safe" you mean alive). I myself have an almost automatic urge to say "well, of course they only wanted the best, of course they thought it was safe" but that's only because that's what I want for MY baby and I cannot imagine thinking any other way.

The problem comes in when we try to apply that sentiment, that "of course they thought it was safe" to what we know they actually did. That's where it just falls apart. No, that's where it freaking implodes.

Do any of these sound plausible?

"I thought it was safe for my three daughters to play with the power saw."

"I thought it was safe for my three daughters to hitchhike to Cleveland.."

"I thought it was safe for my three daughters to move in with the strange single man down the street."

Giving people the benefit of the doubt is a noble thing, but not when doing so demands the sacrifice of objective reason. In my opinion, that's where we are at when talking about the motivations of the parents in this case. :)

:clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you for finding a way to express these thoughts that I was unable to find within TOS. You rock Chris!!! :blowkiss:

assuming this is permissable , as I have posted it before-

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/fortwayne/obituary.aspx?n=james-e-lemmon&pid=

last 4 grandchildren mentioned must be AS and her siblings

Research on public FB pages, ALiahna's included, indicates that TS's 2 siblings are parents of the first four grandchildren ( 2 each)

as best I could ascertain

(and let me add again, imho, I do not think the whole family , ahhh, suffers from such, ahh, sad woes, as do some members.....also, not that it matters in the grand scheme, but I do wonder if TS and her 2 sibs listed in obit might have been half siblings)

this link isnt working for me??

The fact they might have moved around a lot was something for me to consider and I'm adding this statement from Aliahna's dad. I don't know if it was due to switching cell phone carriers, mom avoiding her ex or if it was landlines in different homes/states? Could be many things. It's just something I wanted to note.

Dawayne Maroney of Centerville, Iowa, says he hadn't recently talked with his daughter, Aliahna Lemmon, or her mother, because they frequently changed their phone number. Aliahna's family lives in a Fort Wayne trailer park whose residents include 15 registered sex offenders.

http://www.newser.com/article/d9rtp...f-plans-trip-from-iowa-to-attend-funeral.html

Longtime lurker, first time poster...this maybe a moot point, but it's bugging me...how were these people who seem to have multiple children with multiple partners able to move all over the country without violating custody agreements with their childrens' other parent? My ex-husband and I have a clause in our divorce agreement that neither of us can even take our daughter out of the state for a vacation without the other's consent.

Welcome to WS Marnie4. :welcome: :welcome4:

Call me confused but bio Dad says little contact with Mom and Aliahna as of late. Did i not read a prior link stating bio Dad thought the Perp was an okay guy? Then how would he know???? Or was that Step Dad????

It's been reported that Aliahna went to Kindergarten & 1st grade in IA (same town her bio dad lives). Don't know where she lived prior to Kindergarten, though, could have been IA . . .

The fact they might have moved around a lot was something for me to consider and I'm adding this statement from Aliahna's dad. I don't know if it was due to switching cell phone carriers, mom avoiding her ex or if it was landlines in different homes/states? Could be many things. It's just something I wanted to note.

Dawayne Maroney of Centerville, Iowa, says he hadn't recently talked with his daughter, Aliahna Lemmon, or her mother, because they frequently changed their phone number. Aliahna's family lives in a Fort Wayne trailer park whose residents include 15 registered sex offenders.

http://www.newser.com/article/d9rtp...f-plans-trip-from-iowa-to-attend-funeral.html

Not buying it. Didn't they both have a Facebook account? There is always a way if a father cares. jmo

Excellent post, thank you.

Isn't interesting we need a license to drive and driving is a privilege, but parenting is not. No license to parent and to some it is certainly not a privilege. :cry:

Sadly, there will always be children who fall through the cracks because those responsible for them have rights our children do not.

A quote from Aliahna's bio father:

Dawayne Maroney of Centerville, Iowa, says he hadn't recently talked with his daughter, Aliahna Lemmon, or her mother, because they frequently changed their phone number

If it was difficult for Aliahna's bio father to stay in contact with her due to frequently changed phone numbers, imagine how difficult it may have been for any possible CPS workers who may have tried to ensure the safety of Aliahna and her siblings.

JMO

I am depressed. Sad for a life just blossoming that will never be. Sad for the lives left behind. I pray for the remaining children and hope that whatever needs to be done (by a state agency, etc...) will be done to ensure that the terrible decision making on the part of TS is not repeated in the future.

I think LE was on to him from the start and that's why the searches were publicly suspended~maybe they found remains in the dumpster and had him on video at the Convenience store? They were putting pressure on and believed they could break him. My fear is though his confession is part of a plea to avoid the DP. jmo

Totally irrelevant, but I am not concerned so long as he is off the streets forever.

But then, I am anti-death penalty personally, so perhaps that colors my opinion. Note: I say that not to inspire a big debate. I used to be 100% pro-DP, I was pro-DP when I worked on death row. Time and a lot of thought has caused me to revise my opinion, but I understand both sides very well and completely sympathize with those who do not share my opinion. :)

Totally irrelevant, but I am not concerned so long as he is off the streets forever.

But then, I am anti-death penalty personally, so perhaps that colors my opinion. Note: I say that not to inspire a big debate. I used to be 100% pro-DP, I was pro-DP when I worked on death row. Time and a lot of thought has caused me to revise my opinion, but I understand both sides very well and completely sympathize with those who do not share my opinion. :)

Doubt it was irrelevant to MP if he knew his goose was cooked though. I was speculating that LE might have discussed it with him as a bargaining chip. MP might have not had a clue about the real legalities involved. I waffle on it myself btw.

I think the problem is that everyone is looking at this in terms of what they, as a parent, would do. Obviously, TS is a different kind of parent.

As a teenager I began babysitting for a newborn. The "Mother" was an acquaintance of the ex-wife of a relative of ours.

This baby's "Mother" left her two week old baby with me (I was 13 at the time) for a week while she went on a trip with a boyfriend across country. Of course, I had a mother who helped me take care of the baby and let me keep all the money.

I continued taking care of this little one at least every weekend until I reached about 17, or my mother watched her. Many times we took care of her free of charge or kept her for days or weeks at a time - because we knew if we didn't, her "Mother" would leave her with anyone - and by that I mean ANYONE who would take her so that she could go out and use drugs, drink, and find a man to have sex with. She was not much of a mother. She just shouldn't of had a child. Her needs were #1 - the child always was pawned off on anyone she could find, for as long as they'd take her.

That is the type of woman she was.

Anyhow when I was in high school and got a real job, this person found another girl to watch the child. This new sitter was nice, I met her and so didn't feel badly for not taking the little girl on weekends all the time any longer.

When the new sitter got a job and couldn't be there 24/7 to babysit, the "Mother" started leaving the little girl with this other babysitters boyfriend - even overnight. Of course I didn't know about it at the time, nor did my mom. We learned of it much later, after finding out he had been molesting her for a long long time.

I've never left my girls with anyone other than my sister, who lives in a different state than I do. When I had to go to hospital to have my children, I would pay for her trip and she'd come and take care of my babies. I have trust issues.

I certainly would never have a man babysit my children. ever. ever.

but that is me -- this woman we are talking about is, I suspect, very much like this person I babysat for - and unfortunately the child paid a terrible price.

Sad but true.

I suspect Tarah is the type of parent you describe above.

I had male baby sitters as a child. However, they were the brothers of the neighborhood girls who usually babysat us when the girls weren't available. I'm in my mid 40's and can say these two neighborhood friends, both siblings of our female babysitters were THE FUNNEST baby sitters my sisters and I ever had because they were outside playing with us running around the yard and having fun.

In our case, we were outside, in the front and side yards in plain sight of all of our neighbors, we weren't hidden behind closed doors for days while our parents were denied access to speaking with us.

They were so much fun I used to ask if Matt and Mike could baby sit us instead of their sisters who would spend most of their time on the phone.

I wouldn't dismiss a male babysitter. I would, as a parent, take into consideration reasons the state would not allow someone a day care license, or to teach, or fail a background check in order to work with or volunteer to work with children and pass on having them babysit my child in their home for a week.

Lots of great male volunteers out there. Not all are bad. My dad has been volunteering for Easter Seals for almost a decade since my son needed their services as an infant. Easter Seals was the only place that called back when he checked with several local places to volunteer. Yes, he passed a background check. Yes, the kids love him, even call him Lord Fire and he plays Santa for them every year.

JMO

Warning: May not be related, but worth looking into....
Since this article does not name any victims, I assume it is OK to post. If not, mods please delete.

I don't have time to sleuth this just now, but it really does sound like it might be related. This article was published on December 7, so the timing is kind of strange, but it goes along with the theory that this family is a den of abuse. It looks like this abuse took place in Scott County, Iowa. I am not sure how this relates geographically to where Aliahna lived or visited in Iowa.

http://qctimes.com/news/local/crime...cle_8576ef0e-2152-11e1-9310-001871e3ce6c.html

Please let me know if anybody cares to check into this and what you have found.

It's been reported that Aliahna went to Kindergarten & 1st grade in IA (same town her bio dad lives). Don't know where she lived prior to Kindergarten, though, could have been IA . . .

Does the younger sister's bio dad live in Fort Wayne? Seems like TS was going back and forth between the two cities. Do we know where she grew up?

Longtime lurker, first time poster...this maybe a moot point, but it's bugging me...how were these people who seem to have multiple children with multiple partners able to move all over the country without violating custody agreements with their childrens' other parent? My ex-husband and I have a clause in our divorce agreement that neither of us can even take our daughter out of the state for a vacation without the other's consent.

:welcome:

I am going to sign off. This case has made me a crazy poster person LOL Back to my world of reality and work tomorrow. That's a good and much needed reprieve. Thanks in advance to all the posters who will provide updates. No matter how horrific to read. I'm not the one who physically endured it. That's the thought that gets me thru the read. Night all and God Bless :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez