GUILTY IN - Alma Del Real, 22, South Bend, 12 April 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if her phone last pinged in Shipshewana?

Since there are so many community members willing to help out, it seems pooling some money to hire help might be the way to go, rather than searching around in the woods.

If the cops haven't already done this, they need to get a search warrant for the male friend's car, and cell phone, and laptop. This is just moving at a glacial pace, when it seems very clear foul play has occurred (either on the part of the male friend, or someone else).

Agree - I was faulted for mentioning something to this effect back thread about the need to get a search warrant, and time being of the essence...

Agree - I was faulted for mentioning something to this effect back thread about the need to get a search warrant, and time being of the essence...

They do need to investigate this person completely as he was the last person seen with her. I hope LE has done this. Time is slipping and the longer LE takes to look into things the less evidence will be available. The longer it takes to find a body the less evidence there will be.

Family searching in Elkhart, no further word about Shipshewana.

Tuesday evening friends of Alma Del Real gathered in the Kroger parking lot off Johnson Street in Elkhart to organize another search. The group has been out in South Bend previously, combing through parks and along the riverbank.

http://www.fox28.com/story/28925205...elkhart-for-missing-22-year-old-alma-del-real

Another article about how local businesses are helping in the search for Alma:
http://www.abc57.com/story/28903099/local-businesses-help-in-the-search-for-alma-del-real

OldSteve, I really hope I'm not the poster you're referring to. If so, I apologize. In no way did I mean to imply I was faulting you. In fact I agree 100% with your assertion.

I was try to express my belief that LE is working diligently behind the scenes collecting evidence on the guy, although with so little info coming out, I'm not so sure now.

Again, I'm sorry if you think I was disagreeing with you. (I'm a terrible poster).

I feel horrible for Alma, her friends and family.

Keep checking this thread for information
Sadly, still not much

She's been missing almost three weeks and this is the most recent update I can find that says police are still searching for her. Are the police still searching? I sure would like to see an update from them!

This statement by her aunt really stands out to me:

"Every time she goes out of town we are aware of it she tells us I am going to be out of town for this many days and I am going with this person and this time nothing." I really fear the outcome of this. This pretty much convinces me that something terrible has happened to her.

http://www.abc57.com/story/28874547/update-on-missing-22-year-old-alma-del-real

Does anyone know if LE has organized a ten mile radius search for Alma?

I'm going to go back and read all the posts and links again and re-familiarize myself with everything. It seems a little more complicated since LE has stated that they feel that acquaintances from Mexico may be involved. I need to go read.

What a beautiful girl. I hope she's found safe.

Seems odd that the "friend" wouldn't watch to make sure she got in her door? Especially that late at night.... thinking its quite possible she was never dropped off.

I agree. 3:30 AM, sketchy part of town according to a poster above. Why wouldn't he make sure she made it in okay? Wouldn't we do this for anyone we were dropping off at that time?

I'm sorry to make so many posts, but I'm really concerned that we don't see anything about any organized searches. I've read numerous times about LE meeting with the public and saying everyone needs to pull together and about wanting to hear from social media, which is good, but they need to search. Have farmers search their properties, neighbors search abandoned properties, wooded areas, bodies of water. Maybe I just missed it, but I don't see anything like this. If the language barrier is a problem, get an interpreter. I hope the illegals will be assured and come forward with anything they may know. Gosh, I just want to see the ball start rolling. I hope LE has some strong evidence and leads that we are unaware of. I'm a strong believer in the first 48 and every day beyond that there's less chance of her being alive. The only other alternative IMO that she's alive at this point is that she's being held against her will and maybe taken out of the country. From what I've read from her family and friends, she doesn't want to be missing!

That's OK AnnaGrace, the missing can use all the friends they can get. Even if we never see them, we can all pull for them, or pray for them in our own way.

She's adorable she reminds me of Jenna Louise Coleman a little bit. What an odd circumstance. I'm no good at this guessing stuff like the other people are on here so I'll just go with I hope she's found safe. Poor girl. :(

I'm going to go back and read all the posts and links again and re-familiarize myself with everything. It seems a little more complicated since LE has stated that they feel that acquaintances from Mexico may be involved. I need to go read.

Did LE say this on tv? Press? If so, are they referring to gangs? from Mexico...that are in SB..and now back in Mexico? Has the search moved across the border? Why would someone kidnap her? Did she arrive at her house..and was picked up for someone who followed her there? Has plaid shirt red truck guy been named? Very frustrating. Where are videos....

Did LE say this on tv? Press? If so, are they referring to gangs? from Mexico...that are in SB..and now back in Mexico? Has the search moved across the border? Why would someone kidnap her? Did she arrive at her house..and was picked up for someone who followed her there? Has plaid shirt red truck guy been named? Very frustrating. Where are videos....

That is totally false. LE never said that acquaintances from Mexico are involved. They said if someone is here illegally do not be afraid to talk to the police. They even set up translators for the Crime Stoppers tipline.

AnnaGrace if you have documentation of that please post, because I have never seen nor heard anything from LE saying that.

Thanks Colette. I thought maybe I missed a LE presser. I did of course read about the special tipline with translators.

I'm sorry I didn't get back to this page yesterday. What I read was a link from a news report. I'll see if I can find it again and post. Collette, please do not accuse me of falsely posting something. That isn't very nice. Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg
Back