GUILTY IN - Alma Del Real, 22, South Bend, 12 April 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So this is the first case on here that hits close to home.....
The man charged with her murder was the boyfriend of one of my good friends. I feel terrible for what she must be going thru at the moment. She has a young daughter, and is now stated as a witness in this investigation. Not near the pain of Alma, but she is suffering. People are accusing her of being involved too.

Alma Del Real's mother hopes for justice
7 hours ago
[...]
On Monday, Migdelina Del Real struggled to describe how much pain her daughter’s death had inflicted on her family.

“The whole family is destroyed,” she said. “You cannot describe with words what I’m feeling.”

Migdelina Del Real, a Mexican national, said she would be in South Bend for just a week, and she was unsure whether she would be able to return for Cruz’s future court dates. Meanwhile, she said she had little to say about Cruz.

“To Mr. Cruz, I know that God is the only one who can truly judge him,” she said.

http://m.southbendtribune.com/news/...23e-0de1-11e5-bfc2-079729acded2.html?mode=jqm
:(
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So this is the first case on here that hits close to home.....
The man charged with her murder was the boyfriend of one of my good friends. I feel terrible for what she must be going thru at the moment. She has a young daughter, and is now stated as a witness in this investigation. Not near the pain of Alma, but she is suffering. People are accusing her of being involved too.

People are accusing her of being involved? That is horrible! She is another victim, plain and simple. Ugh

People are accusing her of being involved? That is horrible! She is another victim, plain and simple. Ugh

Yeah. Some of the people involved with this case are a bit overboard. Probably because its something they've never had to deal with before. A criminals family and friends can be innocent.

She's even listed as a witness in the case. I just feel so bad for her. Sadly I live far away at the moment. Her brother is also sick.

I happened to drive by Alma's home today. They have a big picture of Alma in the front yard with flowers all around, a tribute for her. A pick up is still parked by the home, that was probably her truck. So sad.

Just checking in for updates on Alma's case and the scum who was arrested for her murder.

RIP Alma.

His motive ? He thought they should be more than friends, and she disagreed. Cruz didn't take kindly to that.

I'm sure his defense attorney will come up with something much more colorful so they can blame the victim.

You are exactly right imo. Many of us suspected him early on and speculated on his motives. He's a monster. End of story. Prayers for peace and comfort for Alma's loved ones and justice for Alma. She was unbelievably beautiful and an animal took her future from her .. 😞

Opening statements, the prosecution says Cruz gave police several different stories before finally confessing to Alma's murder. In one story he told the cops it was "the best sex ever" but then Alma allegedly told him to pay her $5,000-$10,000 or she would tell his girlfriend.

The prosecutor said Cruz told police, "She wouldn't let me leave" unless he paid the money, and that he pushed her down and she looked dead.

http://wsbt.com/news/local/prosecution-begins-laying-out-case-in-alma-del-real-murder-trial

He makes me :sick:

#JusticeForAlma!

http://wsbt.com/news/local/cruz-returns-to-court-in-alma-del-real-murder-trial

Jurors saw pictures Wednesday of her body, a lump of her hair and bones in rural Marshall County...

The two were last seen together at Studio Rumba nightclub almost a year ago. A witness with them that night said Cruz had feelings for Del Real, but Del Real didn't want a relationship...

They also heard a confession from Cruz. He sobbed as he told police he hit her in the face, shoved her down and strangled her... In his confession, he said -- "I had an accident, I tried to cover it up and I'm screwed."

Cruz was found guilty.
Cruz will be sentenced June 17 in Judge Marnocha's court. While the maximum sentence for murder is 65 years, the prosecution says 55-60 years is more likely because he doesn't have a prior record.

http://wsbt.com/news/local/jury-hearing-closing-arguments-in-alma-del-real-murder-trial

Thank you for the update.
I hope he receives the maximum. Although nothing will bring her back, I hope this will bring some sense of peace to her family and loved ones.
#JusticeForAlma

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member