IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. According to the directions of the Church FB page, services are held inside a school? Is that correct? So does the Church not have an actual brick and mortar building of their own?

https://www.facebook.com/ResonateIndy/

"Join us today 10:15am at Northview Middle School where you'll experience modern music and a relevant, engaging message."

"We meet every week at Northview Middle School located at 86th Street and Westfield Blvd. Enter at the North Central High School entrance off 86th Street and follow the drive to the side entrance of Northview Middle School. Don’t worry, you won’t able to miss the Resonate Signs directing you where you need to go."

I thought you could. I thought you could run them through computer programs that pretty much "guess" what shadows are and fill them in with detail. I've certainly seen surveillance video that was first released and you couldn't make out what it was, and then later released and you could.

Am I just remembering wrong?

Here you go - just found a company that does it in a quick google search:

http://www.perppics.com/?gclid=CIPy1fvVkskCFZCFaQod_bcEfw

If you could do it that quick find somebody doing that..surely LE could have a picture up and running by now. Heck we send men to the moon. Why can't we find killers? Especially when we have video and dna.

yet, to expand on their one report that has been quoted all over the place, they specify that he is seen entering and exiting the gym at appropriate times.

I want to see an actual LE quote or for them to say it at a presser. Is there anything OTHER than WTHR?

I'm not buying this as fact, sorry.

My own "fact" is that there is a 0% chance they cleared him from all involvement by thursday night based on the proof that he was at the gym when he said he was.

Well, it's certainly your choice whether or not to accept the statement as fact. But as I posted the other day, unless LE indicates otherwise, the husband is a victim, and will be regarded as such in any discussion on this board. So, per "the rules", that means no speculating about his involvement.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

http://fox2now.com/2015/11/14/pregnant-pastors-wife-shot-killed-in-home-invasion-in-indianapolis/. Hours before Blackburn was discovered by her husband, a neighbor&#8217;s house was also broken into by a burglar who took electronics and other valuables, but it is unclear if the events are connected, police told CNN affiliate WTHR.Indianapolis police say they do not have anyone in custody, and that detectives are investigating, but &#8220;nothing significant has developed,&#8221; Sgt. Kendale Adams said. Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for tips leading to the arrest of Blackburn&#8217;s killer. Posted 6:27 pm, November 14, 2015. <BBM> I guess police are still at square one. I'm confused. JMO.

I'm confused too. I was just thinking. What are the odds that two different burglers/killers did two houses, two houses apart, in one morning at almost the same time?

I saw about 15 LE on that stage at the press conference. Never saw so many at a presser before.

Hang on, I'll get it for you. I posted it the other day.

ETA: I tried to find a video where LE made the statement, but apparently it was said in an interview with WTHR, and has been quoted by several other media outlets.

Husband "100% cleared" in murder of pregnant Indianapolis mother
Hosted: Nov 12, 2015 9:15 AM CST - Updated: Nov 12, 2015 9:21 PM CST
By Steve Jefferson, WTHR Crimebeat reporter

[...]
Thursday afternoon, police said Davey Blackburn has been "100% cleared" in the investigation. Detectives say Blackburn's time at the gym has been accounted for by security camera images from the gym.

Police: Former Upstate pastor 100% cleared in slaying of pregnant wife
Amanda Blackburn shot in head, coroner investigating as homicide
UPDATED 3:51 AM EST Nov 14, 2015

[...]
No arrests have been made in the home invasion and shooting death of a former Upstate pastor's wife in Indianapolis, but authorities told WTHR-TV that the pastor has been "100% cleared" in connection with her death.

Police: Husband "100% cleared" in death of Elkhart pastor's daughter
Posted: Thu 5:34 PM, Nov 12, 2015

[...]
On Thursday evening, WTHR reported that police have "100% cleared" Davey. Detectives say his time at the gym has been accounted for by security camera images from the gym.

I have read these:
"On Thursday evening, WTHR reported that police have "100% cleared" Davey. Detectives say his time at the gym has been accounted for by security camera images from the gym."

What I'm trying to find out is, Have the police themselves been quoted (with the name of a policeman) that they have cleared the husband of the murder?

Those quotes above indicate, to me, that the reporter is saying that the police have determined the husband was at the gym at the time of the murder so he could not be personally involved.

Has the husband been cleared of having anything to do with the murder, as in hiring the man?

yet, to expand on their one report that has been quoted all over the place, they specify that he is seen entering and exiting the gym at appropriate times.

I want to see an actual LE quote or for them to say it at a presser. Is there anything OTHER than WTHR?

I'm not buying this as fact, sorry.

My own "fact" is that there is a 0% chance they cleared him from all involvement by thursday night based on the proof that he was at the gym when he said he was.

Agree. I searched and can find zero quoted source as saying the husband was cleared. Steve Jefferson of WTHR reported that "police said" but he had no named source. Other media outlets, specifically WYFF in Greenville SC, then started quoting Steve Jefferson's article. BTW, his article was Nov 12. During the presser on Nov 13, none of the LE officials cleared anyone.

That "clearance" is bogus and/or misinterpretation by the reporter, IMO.

Police have said: "Indianapolis Metro Police Sgt. Kendale Adams told ABC News that neither her husband nor any other family members are suspects, and investigators have obtained time-stamped surveillance footage from a local LA Fitness that shows Davey Blackburn arriving and leaving the gym that morning."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/indianapolis-pastors-pregnant-wife-dies-alleged-home-invasion/story?id=35145807

Not being called a suspect is not the same as being cleared, as most of us know.

The person police are looking for is a black man with medium-to-light complexion, slim-to-medium build, between 5-feet-4-inches and 5-feet-9-inches tall. He was wearing light pants with a two-toned hoodie -- the jacket part was suede and the hood was lighter.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/amanda-blackburns-neighbors-look-for-answers

Seems to me the pic was pretty clear!

Police said the murder is likely connected to a burglary.

Police said the 28-year-old pregnant other was murdered in her home by someone who was likely trying to burglarize the home .

Seems they are not sure it was burglary; but likely!

As for her husband being cleared...I believe they know for a fact he was not the shooter.

If no one can find an OFFICIAL statement of fact that husband is cleared, I don't see how we can accept it as a fact.

Or at least can we get a comment on when the policy will be lifted if an official statement cannot be found?

People have certain walks and movement and body language. If they show the videos. Someone from his neighborhood would probably know that it was <modsnip> in the first 2 seconds. Jmo

If there is no real reward money or plea to the public to find this guy in the picture presented.

Then le knows who the guy is but are just trying to find him.

If we check the Facebook pages of every <modsnip> in Indianapolis; I'm sure we would see conversation of people who know already who this is. Jmo

yes it is odd, not even a photo of the hoodie or car? No reward money?

If no one can find an OFFICIAL statement of fact that husband is cleared, I don't see how we can accept it as a fact.

Or at least can we get a comment on when the policy will be lifted if an official statement cannot be found?

If you're looking for a vacation; I know a good travel agent. Lol. But trust me. It is very cold and lonely. So I wouldn't go there if i were you. Jmo.

The person police are looking for is a black man with medium-to-light complexion, slim-to-medium build, between 5-feet-4-inches and 5-feet-9-inches tall. He was wearing light pants with a two-toned hoodie -- the jacket part was suede and the hood was lighter.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/amanda-blackburns-neighbors-look-for-answers

Seems to me the pic was pretty clear!

Police said the murder is likely connected to a burglary.

Police said the 28-year-old pregnant other was murdered in her home by someone who was likely trying to burglarize the home .

Seems they are not sure it was burglary; but likely!

As for her husband being cleared...I believe they know for a fact he was not the shooter.

If I was a burglar I would be wearing all dark clothes at that hour to blend in...........this guy wears light colored pants and a 2 tone hoodie? and 5" to play with in his height?

Even without a direct "100% cleared" quote from the police I believe the policy won't be lifted unless he's named as a suspect.

If I was a burglar I would be wearing all dark clothes at that hour to blend in...........this guy wears light colored pants and a 2 tone hoodie?

IMO we've established this guy isn't very bright. But I also don't know what kind of clothing early morning burglars typically wear. Maybe this isn't unusual, and is part of the reason they sometimes get caught?

Alright, I give up. I don't want a cold, lonely and dark vacation. Yall have a good sunday!

Alright, I give up. I don't want a cold, lonely and dark vacation. Yall have a good sunday!

Aww don't go!
There is lots to talk about! Just leave hubby at the door.
Most of us have learned our TOS lessons the hard way.

Hang on, I'll get it for you. I posted it the other day.

ETA: I tried to find a video where LE made the statement, but apparently it was said in an interview with WTHR, and has been quoted by several other media outlets.

Husband "100% cleared" in murder of pregnant Indianapolis mother
Hosted: Nov 12, 2015 9:15 AM CST - Updated: Nov 12, 2015 9:21 PM CST
By Steve Jefferson, WTHR Crimebeat reporter

[...]
Thursday afternoon, police said Davey Blackburn has been "100% cleared" in the investigation. Detectives say Blackburn's time at the gym has been accounted for by security camera images from the gym.

Police: Former Upstate pastor 100% cleared in slaying of pregnant wife
Amanda Blackburn shot in head, coroner investigating as homicide
UPDATED 3:51 AM EST Nov 14, 2015

[...]
No arrests have been made in the home invasion and shooting death of a former Upstate pastor's wife in Indianapolis, but authorities told WTHR-TV that the pastor has been "100% cleared" in connection with her death.

Police: Husband "100% cleared" in death of Elkhart pastor's daughter
Posted: Thu 5:34 PM, Nov 12, 2015

[...]
On Thursday evening, WTHR reported that police have "100% cleared" Davey. Detectives say his time at the gym has been accounted for by security camera images from the gym.

Reporter in the beginning of this video news report says, "[Investigators] have cleared her husband, Davey Blackburn of any potential involvement in this case as surveillance cameras prove he was at the gym which is what he originally told investigators."

http://www.wthr.com/clip/11999746/i...l-northwest-indy-home-invasion-sunrise-update

Ok when I first read this I thought they are all from WTHR but I did a google search and everybody's saying the same thing.

So LE must have held some kind of presser for newspapers. I don't believe one newspaper would put that out and the rest would run with it.

BTW I think Pastor Davey is dealing with this in the only way he knows how. He has to be in some kind of shock and may later wonder why he said and did different things.

Can you imagine coming home from a workout and finding your pregnant wife laying in a pool of blood barely alive.

That's a whole lot to deal with. Then running upstairs to see if his son was alive.

No more baby girl no more happy ever after for this young pastor.

I hope he has all the love he can take in right now from family and friends as he faces what he saw that terrible morning.

He is probably right now suffering from PTSD. I know I would be.

If it was a paid hit; Then why burgle the house next door? Jmo. Now if the kid is a parishioner at the church; Then it could leave a little more room for discussion.

But I doubt he was. Now on a side note. Maybe LE should announce to any possible driver/accomplice that they will not be charged with capital murder if they come forward now.

But I don't know off hand if a second person was actually there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahearn