IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
8:00 A.M., Metairie, LA, Oct 2015 -- A woman opened her door to three guys who claimed to be repairmen -- one was carrying a chainsaw! She called her son at work to ask if he was expecting them. Son said no, he hadn't hired any repairmen. The men forced their way into the house, beat the woman, and demanded money from her and another occupant. Someone, probably a neighbor, DID call 911. When LE arrived, one of the perps told the cop he lived in the house, and that his mother had been injured in a fight. :thud:
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/10/three_phony_repairmen_force_wa.html

10:30 A.M., Pasadena, CA, Sept 15, 2015 -- Two women and a third masked person approached a woman outside her home and said they had a gift for her, and tried to engage her in conversation. Then the masked suspect jumped out of the van, knocked down the woman and began to kick her. They got away with a $20K diamond cross pendant.
http://ktla.com/2015/09/14/pasadena...ed-during-daytime-attack-in-her-own-driveway/

2:00 P.M., Houston, TX, Sept 12, 2015 -- Three men disguised as police officers made their way into a home and robbed the resident. Ninety minutes later, they entered another home about a block away, and robbed and pistol whipped the occupant.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/fake-officers-commit-home-invasions-in-southwest-houston/35231810

Daytime, Falmouth, MA, Oct 29, 2015 -- Two men broke into a woman's apartment, shot her with a stun gun and stole her money.
http://www.capecodtimes.com/article/20151029/NEWS/151029301

1:30 P.M., Nashville, TN, June 2015 -- Two men entered a home and held the occupant AND two construction workers at gunpoint while they spent 20 minutes ransacking the home. The woman's nephew walked in during the attack, and the perps shot him dead.
http://wkrn.com/2015/06/04/nephew-shot-after-interrupting-armed-home-invasion-in-nashville/

Afternoon, Andover, MA, July 31, 2015 -- A level three sex offender broke into a home, tied up a 16-year-old girl with duct tape, and robber her purse. Later that night, he robbed another nearby home.
http://northandover.wickedlocal.com/article/20151102/NEWS/151109434

Noon, San Jose, CA, Oct 22, 2015 -- A man arrived home to see a guy walking out of his house. He yelled to the guy, and they started to fight. Then a second suspect walked up and shot the homeowner.
http://abc7news.com/news/sj-residen...they-attempt-to-flee-daytime-robbery/1046733/

7:30 A.M., Sept 27, 2015, Monck's Corner, SC -- A man was shot dead during a home invasion on a Sunday morning.
http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...ing-shot-during-berkeley-county-home-invasion

Sunday Evening, Atlanta, GA, August 17, 2015 -- A couple and their two young children had just arrived home from vacation. Four men knocked on the door and asked to borrow a car jack. Afterward, they pushed their way in, and shot the husband in the leg. When the woman grabbed her baby and started to run to the back of the house, they opened fire on her. She and the baby were unharmed, and the husband lived. All four gunmen got away.
http://www.fox8live.com/story/29808223/west-atlanta-home-invasion-sends-man-to-hospital

8:30 A.M., Jefferson Co, CO, Dec 12, 2014 -- In this case, the resident shot and killed an intruder in a home invasion.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/12/12/1-person-shot-in-home-invasion-in-jefferson-county/

There's no rhyme or reason to these crimes. Daytime, nighttime, single victim at home alone, families with kids, lone perp, multiple perps -- it makes no difference. None at all. And if you read these articles, you'll see that in many of them, residents comment that violent crime was previously unheard of in their neighborhoods. You'll also notice that in most of these crimes, rather than a violent, surprise intrusion, the perpetrators used a ruse to make their entry.

Bessie, once again I want to thank you for your thoroughness and always giving us relevant information. You are amazing. I always look forward to your posts.

I don't think anything is more frightening than knowing now no matter where one lives they really aren't safe anymore. I know it scares the hell out of me just thinking about it but I am not naïve and I know it does happen and it could happen to me, my family or anyone else. This is why so many across the country are getting alarm systems for their home. We have one with sensors and cameras in place. My hubby and I also have legal firearms too and know how to use them if God forbid someone tried to invade our home. It is a scary thought for anyone to digest but one must be prepared just in case. Just like this country has got to step it up and do a much better job protecting us from terrorists who are constantly plotting and planning to kill as many of us as they can.

ITA with you. We should all know by now we cant think for any criminal by interjecting our own rational thoughts trying to make it theirs. Criminals like this don't think like law abiding people do. Criminals are very high risk takers to begin with. What may seem irrational to us doesn't seem irrational to them when they are carrying out their wicked crimes.

Years ago most stores were usually broken into during the middle of the night when no one was there but that MO has changed drastically in the recent past years. Even the criminals back then seem to have more commonsense. :D They seem to hit more now during broad daylight from early morning to late evening when the places are occupied. Maybe its because a lot of them seem to be drug users so perhaps they are sleeping off their nightly drug binge during the night or maybe the criminals are becoming lazier and lazier. They are no longer afraid of taking high risk right in broad daylight. They don't try to avoid human contact by waiting until either the stores are closed nor wait until they make sure a home is unoccupied before entering. If it is unoccupied then that's okay but if there are people inside that doesn't seem to bother them anymore and they come prepared if it happens.

I have read so many news articles about those who invade homes with the residents inside and most of the crooks are carrying a weapon either a deadly knife or firearm. Which means to me they are willing to use it should people be inside. There was a time where a cat burglar wouldn't carry a weapon. They would just sneak in and out with no intention of harming anyone physically but that has changed now just like so many other things are changing for the worse at a rapid pace in America now.

For some reason in our society we have those who feel totally entitled to take what isn't theirs and they also feel entitled to take human life whenever they want to do so and they do it without blinking an eye. Death of innocent others means nothing to these type of people nor do they value human life. What solely matters to them is themselves only. Some seem to have become some type of sub-human who possesses no conscience nor do they feel any remorse. Many victims of home invasions are seen as nothing more than mere collateral damage. I have read articles about Indy since this happened and about the crime problem they have there. Several of the articles I read about home invasions they repeatedly raped the females who were found inside and/or were unmercifully beaten.

I believe once this murderer is apprehended he will be linked to other unsolved violent crimes. He is way too bold for this to be his first time. I think he knew if he hid in plain sight he would look less suspicious in the neighborhood. Most wouldn't ever think someone who was up to no good would be standing on someone's front porch where they could be seen. And the people in the neighborhood all knew this was the Pastor's home so I imagine Davey and Amanda have helped many in the past who have come to them in need of assistance. Most churches I have seen lately now have a congregation which includes all different races.

As an aside: About the enhancement of the photo to be released. If I am not mistaken LE said they were having it in enhanced.

IMO

If it was a paid hit; Then why burgle the house next door? Jmo. Now if the kid is a parishioner at the church; Then it could leave a little more room for discussion.

But I doubt he was. Now on a side note. Maybe LE should announce to any possible driver/accomplice that they will not be charged with capital murder if they come forward now.

But I don't know off hand if a second person was actually there.

I don't think there was another person. But that's JMO.

Alright, I give up. I don't want a cold, lonely and dark vacation. Yall have a good sunday!

So stay and have a good time here with us. Jmo. But trust when i say that if it is discovered in the future of a call being made to <modsnip>; We will give you the open floor with no questions asked. Lol

If no one can find an OFFICIAL statement of fact that husband is cleared, I don't see how we can accept it as a fact.

Or at least can we get a comment on when the policy will be lifted if an official statement cannot be found?
It will be lifted when LE name has as a POI or suspect.

I have read these:
"On Thursday evening, WTHR reported that police have "100% cleared" Davey. Detectives say his time at the gym has been accounted for by security camera images from the gym."

What I'm trying to find out is, Have the police themselves been quoted (with the name of a policeman) that they have cleared the husband of the murder?

Those quotes above indicate, to me, that the reporter is saying that the police have determined the husband was at the gym at the time of the murder so he could not be personally involved.

Has the husband been cleared of having anything to do with the murder, as in hiring the man?
No, the police source has not been named to my knowledge. "100% cleared" appears in quotation marks in the original article, which indicates a direct quote, and not an assumption on the part of the reporter.

At 6:02 in this video, Captain Converse states:

"The person standing outside the home is the subject who murdered Amanda."

http://www.wthr.com/story/30500485/...ails-of-womans-death-in-violent-home-invasion

"We know who killed her", Captain Converse repeats in the video linked below.

Also stated in the same video: The suspect was seen on surveillance videos along the Blackburn's street and a neighboring street. Eyewitnesses saw the suspect. Computers and televisions were stolen.

All of that, in addition to facts that probably haven't been released, imo, form the basis for their conclusion, as a hired hitman would not skulk around a neighborhood, allow himself to be seen on camera and by witnesses, and burglarize another home, just prior to carrying out a hit.

http://www.wthr.com/clip/12000406/impd-discusses-blackburn-case

If no one can find an OFFICIAL statement of fact that husband is cleared, I don't see how we can accept it as a fact.

Or at least can we get a comment on when the policy will be lifted if an official statement cannot be found?
If you're referrring to my post with regard to the husband, it's just as I said. Unless LE indicates that he is a suspect, the "victim friendly" rule stands.

http://fox2now.com/2015/11/14/pregnant-pastors-wife-shot-killed-in-home-invasion-in-indianapolis/. Hours before Blackburn was discovered by her husband, a neighbor&#8217;s house was also broken into by a burglar who took electronics and other valuables, but it is unclear if the events are connected, police told CNN affiliate WTHR.Indianapolis police say they do not have anyone in custody, and that detectives are investigating, but &#8220;nothing significant has developed,&#8221; Sgt. Kendale Adams said. Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward for tips leading to the arrest of Blackburn&#8217;s killer. Posted 6:27 pm, November 14, 2015. <BBM> I guess police are still at square one. I'm confused. JMO.
That was first reported on the 12th. Check out the date in the url.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/12/us/pregnant-wife-young-pastor-killed-indianapolis/

Once the investigators questioned witnesses and viewed the surveillance videos, it became very clear that the crimes were committed by the same individual. Listen to the videos from the press conference.

http://www.wthr.com/clip/12000408/impd-chief-hite-on-blackburn-other-murders

OT: at 9:00 am this morning, a friend who lives on a busy, busy residential street in a very desirable area, walked in her kitchen and there was a young guy stealing her purse. This is a house with obvious video cameras and signs posted. Thankfully he had no weapon b/c she chased him out the house, banged on the window and screamed that the robbery was on video and she could identify the thief. There were actually 3 guys involved. The cops caught them a short time later. They were on drugs.

Regarding the church, here is the one where he working, before Indy. They supported him with a salary for at least a year, and gave him additional money for starting the church. It is a "mega church". Wikipedia says they have over 32,000 people a week. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NewSpring_Church

The person police are looking for is a black man with medium-to-light complexion, slim-to-medium build, between 5-feet-4-inches and 5-feet-9-inches tall. He was wearing light pants with a two-toned hoodie -- the jacket part was suede and the hood was lighter.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/amanda-blackburns-neighbors-look-for-answers

Seems to me the pic was pretty clear!

Police said the murder is likely connected to a burglary.

Police said the 28-year-old pregnant other was murdered in her home by someone who was likely trying to burglarize the home .

Seems they are not sure it was burglary; but likely!

As for her husband being cleared...I believe they know for a fact he was not the shooter.

BBM

When LE says publicly that a specific person has been 'cleared' that legally means they have evidence showing Pator Blackburn had no involvement in the crime whatsoever.

Now if they said ' he is not a suspect at this time' that has a much different legal meaning and that is actually what most PDs do before a suspect is arrested. Until the suspect/s are arrested no one is usually ruled out or cleared and no one is ruled in. When the arrest of the suspect is made then by default of course everyone else is ruled out.

In the decades that I have followed true crime not once have I ever seen a police department say a specific person is totally cleared and then later on the PD has egg on their face and the person turned out to be involved. It just doesn't happen. The police are very very careful when they put their reputation on the line telling the public that an individual has totally been cleared. Do you know of a case where someone was said to be 100% cleared and then it turned out they were involved? Cleared being the keyword.

I don't even remember it happening that often. I still think it is extremely rare occurrence for LE to clear anyone before an arrest. I do remember they did do it with Jessica Ridgeway parents, Daniel horowitz, and Mr. Hensley, who's wife, Amy was found murdered. And of course none of those cleared were involved whatsoever with their family members murder. I am sure there are a few others here and there that I cant think of now but in the majority of cases police never publicly clears anyone. I have *****ed about that for years because in many cases the police knew a certain family member/s wasn't involved yet they let them twist in the wind being eaten up by the internet masses 24/7 being falsely accused over and over again. But I guess the PD is not in the public relations business. When they do clear someone that person was never involved.

I don't know why some even have suspicion about Pastor Blackburn since the police has made it very clear he isn't a suspect in this case and has been cleared of involvement nor has there been one word of suspicion said about this couple. They both were very well liked and loved by those who knew them both.

This case is very much inline with the ones Bessie just kindly linked for us with some ending in loss of life for the victims. The police have said Amanda was there at the wrong time when the home invader turned murderer decided to hit their home while he was in the area.:( It is a case that shows us how vulnerable we all really are.

I am glad the neighbors are going to step up their Neighborhood Watch Program. Everyone really needs to do that more than ever now.

I don't think what is said in the article is odd whatsoever. Were those quotes by someone in the PD specifically or the reporters spin on it? It sounds like what the media would say because they usually use words like that until a suspect is convicted.

IMO

Someone said the neighborhood was probably the safest right now. If I were in that neighborhood I still wouldn't feel safe. I'd be on edge day and night. No amount of cameras, alarms, police presence would calm my raw nerves until this killer was caught. Imagine the horror if it is found out the person lives in the neighborhood. What if it is some teen that knew Amanda and Davey. Imagine if it is someone that had been to their home before. No one knows. THAT is the scariest part.

Many many years ago an older couple my family knew were murdered in their home. This was long before the term home invasion. It was burglary gone wrong and a murder or murders were committed in the process. For years it went unsolved. Everyone in the town was upset, afraid, angry. These were sweet good decent loving people that always gave what they had to anyone in need. Every year the newspaper ran an article on the anniversary of their deaths. Nothing. No one came forward. About 10 years later a death bed confession. The boy that lived across the street from them robbed and killed them. He was dying of AIDS and didn't want to go wherever with this on his heart. He died two days later. The shock was felt all over town. No one ever suspected.

And he lived there, right across the street all those years !

I read that analysis thing this morning. Saw the videos of the Blackburn couple. Saw the re enactment video on Yahoo.

The analysis ? Sorry. Don't see anything in the videos that even resemble what this person claims. I see two young people in love. Davey likes to talk, Amanda is more reserved but both are attentive to each other. If you are in a miserable marriage, you cannot hide it. I see nothing to suggest either dislike each other.

The Yahoo video. Why anyone would assume this is what happened as fact I have no idea. Were they privy to any police facts ? Where was it said she was found in the living room near the door ?

I do however feel Amanda was targeted. Shooting a woman in the belly, a belly with a baby in it, her hand protecting it, says a lot. Shooting her in the head says she knew this person.

Who that person is, was, wanted, is still not known. She surely did not deserve to be killed. Her lifestyle alone makes her highly unlikely to be a victim of a violent crime. This scares the living hell out of me. When you're out and about things happen but for this type of crime to visit a home in a nearly crime free neighborhood ? To visit a sweet young pregnant mother ? No.

BTW, when my husband did the gym thing, he did NOT go looking for stranger sex nor did he think about having stranger sex. As if. Not all men look for extra outside of marriage sex. The gym is sometimes just THE GYM. My husband's gym had cameras outside, front and back, cameras in the workout area itself. Camera free in the shower, dressing areas and whirlpool. The police know Davey didn't do the shooting because his gym time is all on record. If he was flirty there, they would know.

I hope the police put out a picture soon. The whole town sounds upset especially the neighbors.

What if it is some teen that knew Amanda and Davey. Imagine if it is someone that had been to their home before. No one knows. THAT is the scariest part.

RSBM

If this were true I think Davey would recognize the person and possibly the vehicle, or the description would be enough for him to provide a few names to LE.

I believe that with the Church holding services for the last couple years inside a "middle school" which is next to a "high school" it's quite possible that kids may have gotten involved in this tragedy. It could help explain the build and how tall the shooter is. Seems to me that this generation of kids that some are just ruthless, and void of compassion. It could help explain why no DNA or print hits found yet, not in the "system" YET.

With the school being open to the public on Sunday and no real "security" and them seeing that donation plate passing around plus all the band equipment and computers. The family could have been followed back home and neighborhood where they live.

Just look at the case just this week in Lees Summit, MO where two eighth graders killed a woman and propped her up in the passenger seat and went on a "joy ride".

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...3-as-she-vacuumed-car&p=12187250#post12187250

JMO's

8:00 A.M., Metairie, LA, Oct 2015 -- A woman opened her door to three guys who claimed to be repairmen -- one was carrying a chainsaw! She called her son at work to ask if he was expecting them. Son said no, he hadn't hired any repairmen. The men forced their way into the house, beat the woman, and demanded money from her and another occupant. Someone, probably a neighbor, DID call 911. When LE arrived, one of the perps told the cop he lived in the house, and that his mother had been injured in a fight. :thud:
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/10/three_phony_repairmen_force_wa.html

>>>> respectfully and timidly snipped by me (never snipped an Administrator/Mod before!) <<<<

Just want to say what a touching and wonderful avatar pic, bessie -- Thanks!

The person police are looking for is a black man with medium-to-light complexion, slim-to-medium build, between 5-feet-4-inches and 5-feet-9-inches tall. He was wearing light pants with a two-toned hoodie -- the jacket part was suede and the hood was lighter.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/amanda-blackburns-neighbors-look-for-answers

Seems to me the pic was pretty clear!

Police said the murder is likely connected to a burglary.

Police said the 28-year-old pregnant other was murdered in her home by someone who was likely trying to burglarize the home .

Seems they are not sure it was burglary; but likely!

As for her husband being cleared...I believe they know for a fact he was not the shooter.
<rbbm>

Captain Converse and the detective were pretty darn sure in the presser.

"I will tell you that there was a burglary two houses west of where Amanda was killed. We believe it's connected. And her husband, he left home at 6:11. We believe the people committing this burglary saw this as a home that they could get in, take some things."

"About 5:30 is when the burglary occurred two doors down. There is an individual, we know that because there is a recording from inside that residence. We believe that when Mr. Blackburn left to go work out, they saw an opportunity to burglarize another home. As the Captain said, that occured about 6 o'clock."

I've transcribed about 95% of the first part of the presser, omitting some of the intro from Captain Converse. It's not 100% verbatim because the sound quality was poor in places, and I had problems with buffering. All of the pertinent details are correct, however. (found it)

Approx. 1:20 in the video

Captain Craig Converse

I will tell you that there was a burglary two houses west of where Amanda was killed. We believe it's connected.

And her husband, he left home at 6:11. We believe the people committing this burglary saw this as a home that they could get in, take some things. Well, it so happened Amanda was home, 12 weeks pregnant. She had her little baby in the crib upstairs...and she was murdered.

We've had a great outpouring from the community and the neighborhood. A lot of people have come forwarded with descriptions of cars. A lot of people have cameras on their homes. We have a lot of information to go through. And that's what we're doing.

[...]

It's unbelievable how many people have approached us and given us tips to work off of.

We know who killed her, at least we have a picture of him. We don't know the name. And the person was seen by a number of people on the street, and also our timeline can place him... puts him there...

Approx. 3:20 in the video

Major Eric Hench

[...]

I know Captain Converse really takes this close to heart. He's an outstanding homicide investigator and captain. He's been in homicide for over 12 years. And this one really gets ya.

About 5:30 is when the burglary occurred two doors down. There is an individual, we know that because there is a recording from inside that residence. We believe that when Mr. Blackburn left to go work out, they saw an opportunity to burglarize another home. As the Captain said, that occurred about 6 o'clock.

There are surveillance cameras throughout the neighborhood. There are multiple sightings of an individual, that the Captain referenced.

There are neighbors who had seen the individual on that street and on the neighboring street.

Video surveillance on both streets captured images of an individual and a vehicle.

At approximately 6:00 there was a camera from west of the burglarized home that captured a dark colored SUV driving quickly down the street.

Approximately one minute later that vehicle was then seen leaving.

There were TV's and laptops that were taken that were sizable, that would lead us to believe they were likely loaded into a vehicle to be removed from the area.

Approximately 6:45-6:55, there was a neighbor who reported hearing shots, or what she believed to be shots.

Another neighbor saw an individual wearing a dark colored hoodie traveling from the first burglarized home.

Later on...occupants from that same residence reported seeing a subject wearing a hoodie walking westbound, away from the area of the Blackburn residence.

This individual was captured on a surveillance camera both on that street and on the neighboring street.

Further neighbors on the neighboring street did see that individual with the same hoodie cinched down attempting to cover his face.

At this time I won't be able to release a photograph or a detailed description, although we anticipate being able to do so at some point in the near future.

Continues with admonitions to possible accomplices and/or those who have information to come forward; and a warning/promise to the killer: "You are not as good as you think you are. You left behind evidence. We will find it, and we have found it. And we will find you, and we will not stop until we get you."

OT: at 9:00 am this morning, a friend who lives on a busy, busy residential street in a very desirable area, walked in her kitchen and there was a young guy stealing her purse. This is a house with obvious video cameras and signs posted. Thankfully he had no weapon b/c she chased him out the house, banged on the window and screamed that the robbery was on video and she could identify the thief. There were actually 3 guys involved. The cops caught them a short time later. They were on drugs.

Trying not to go waaaaaay O/T. Just rhetorical questions re ^ & safety reminders for the rest of us.

How did young man in kitchen get access to home's interior? Any signs of forced entry?
Did your friend or other household occupant/visitor leave a door or window open or unlocked/unlatched?
Or de-activate alarm system altogether or maybe the audio alert? Get in by doggy door?
How much do visible cams & alarm system signs deter would-be intruders? (Sometimes, not at all, like ^)

Regardless of ^, things to keep in mind if we find ourselves in similar situation, esp if we are unarmed.
When chasing an intruder, even w no visible weapon, out of the house, occupant should consider possibility that intruder has a hidden weapon, or that he may have accomplices inside the house or just outside who may (also) have weapons. One or all may be ready, willing, & able to use them - by returning to inside to confront occupant, or outside if occupant emerges from house.

Perps' way of thinking is not law-abiders' logic. Hoping this does not happen to any of us.
Sorry for digression, back on topic now.

People have certain walks and movement and body language. If they show the videos. Someone from his neighborhood would probably know that it was <modsnip> in the first 2 seconds. Jmo
Particularly if the suspect is 5'4 to 5'9. That's pretty distinctive.

I'm curious to know if the suede detail to the hoodie came from video or a witness. That's a pretty distinct piece of info, and also something that people may recognize.

I am so curious as to why LE is not releasing stills or video of the suspect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x