DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amanda Blackburn case: Two arrested after Indianapolis police probes
Jill Disis, jill.disis@indystar.com
7:53 p.m. EST November 19, 2015

[...]
Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department spokesman Sgt. Kendale Adams acknowledged late in the evening that the two people were questioned about the slaying of the pastor’s wife during an attempted burglary last week.

The individuals were later taken into custody on charges unrelated to either the Blackburn killing or another burglary that happened on the same street earlier that morning.

“There are no arrests,” Adams said. “And nobody is in custody in connection with the Amanda Blackburn case. Period.”

[...]
Police have closely guarded details in the case. The names of the two people taken into custody Thursday were not released.

So the press has taken us on a wild goose chase ?

I'm not sure. The tweet above say's there are "no arrests in the Amanda Blackburn case", but it's possible the news reports regarding one or more of the people being questioned being held on other charges is true also. I also read LE collected DNA so perhaps being arrested on other charges keeps the perp where they can keep an eye on him/her until DNA results are in.

FWIW, a summary of what Julian grace has tweeted in this article he wrote:

http://wishtv.com/2015/11/19/police-question-2-in-connection-to-blackburn-murder/

Sources tell 24-Hour News 8 that two of the three are being held in custody on unrelated charges. It’s expected the department will attempt to hold the other person*until more information is learned in the investigation.
Since the investigation started, sources have repeatedly said that DNA will help detectives solve the Blackburn murder. Those detectives submitted DNA evidence from the Blackburn home, from a neighbor’s house down the street that was burglarized and also from a stolen SUV used a getaway car found near 40th Street and Rookwood Avenue.

Last week, the same sources admitted that a suspect used Blackburn’s debit card at an ATM, but the suspect’s face was heavily covered.

Forensic investigators are using items collected inside the scene of Blackburn’s home

Additional tweet states that third person has been released.

https://twitter.com/JulianGrace8/status/667517721182150656?s=09

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. The tweet above say's there are "no arrests in the Amanda Blackburn case", but it's possible the news reports regarding one or more of the people being questioned being held on other charges is true also. I also read LE collected DNA so perhaps being arrested on other charges keeps the perp where they can keep an eye on him/her until DNA results are in.
Do you recall where you read DNA was collected from the subjects? I only see speculation that they might have been asked to provide samples.

This is my understanding:

LE served search warrants very early Thursday morning into Thursday evening on at least two locations.

One location was an apartment complex on Brendon Way Dr off of 56th St

Of particular interest in the search, was clothing worn by suspect(s) on November 10, as seen in the surveillance videos from the Blackburns' neighborhood.

LE carried out bags of evidence.

What items were seized in the SW's has not been released.

During the course of the "raids", at least four individuals were questioned; three from the apartment complex, and one from another site where a SW was served.

At the same apartment complex (Cottages of Fall Creek), on Tuesday, November 10, 2015, a home invasion occurred in the 5700 block of San Clemente, during the early morning hours while the residents were asleep. The perpetrators stole several items, including a car, and left without awakening the residents.

The incident was logged at 5:23 A.M. Surveillance images showing three robbers inside the home (wearing hoodies) were released the following day.

LE has not stated that the San Clemente and Sunnyfield Ct. crimes are related. Nor has LE indicated that the individuals questioned Thursday in relation to the Blackburn investigation are also suspects in the San Clemente robbery.

Cottages of Fall Creek is approximately 10-11 miles from Sunnyfield Ct, on the northeast side of Indianapolis.

DNA swabs might have been collected from three of the individuals, (per "sources").

At this time, two have been arrested on charges unrelated to the Blackburn investigation.

The names of those two have not been officially released.

It's possible charges related to Amanda's murder and/or the burglary will follow, but that hasn't happened as of yet.

Sexual assault might have occurred, but at this time, LE either cannot, or is unwilling, to confirm.

I wonder how close these apartments are from the Blackburn home? I noticed some not great apartments when I did a Bing search on the area.

Looks to be about 10-11 miles, if the article is correct.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/39....8354498397!2m2!1d-86.2073647!2d39.8265874!3e0

"The search happened at an apartment on Brendon Way Drive off E. 56th Street Thursday evening"

http://www.wthr.com/story/30564314/police-serve-search-warrant-at-northeast-indianapolis-apartment

Forensic investigators are using items collected inside the scene of Blackburn’s home. Those close to investigation say Blackburn was shot three times: once in the hand, torso and head. - per WISHTV

I wonder if the killer shot her in the left hand (wedding ring hand). Shooting the torso makes me feel like that bullet could've been intended for the unborn child. The execution-style shot to the head was obviously intended to kill the wife/mother. Such a sick and sadistic "process" for the killer(s) to go through.

Forensic investigators are using items collected inside the scene of Blackburn’s home. Those close to investigation say Blackburn was shot three times: once in the hand, torso and head. - per WISHTV

I wonder if the killer shot her in the left hand (wedding ring hand). Shooting the torso makes me feel like that bullet could've been intended for the unborn child. The execution-style shot to the head was obviously intended to kill the wife/mother. Such a sick and sadistic "process" for the killer(s) to go through.

BBM According to this report she was 12 weeks pregnant, so not obviously pregnant.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/12/us/pregnant-wife-young-pastor-killed-indianapolis/

"The victim was 12 weeks pregnant, according to CNN affiliate WXIN."

The victim wouldn't need to be visibly pregnant in order for the killer to know she was pregnant. I knew Amanda was pregnant in the Q & A vids, but not because it was visible. Word travels fast.

Then, that would make me suspicious of a member of Resonate Church. Maybe a person that heard the pregnancy announcement and became jealous? IDK.

They announced that she was pregnant to the church the Sunday before she was killed. I have always thought it was targeted and not a random attack.

Seems like a lot of people are really hoping for a conclusion to this story that involves some domestic drama or made-for-tv-movie twist. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid we're going to find that there was no reason for this crime. It was just bad luck and wrong place wrong time. Evil exists. I hope that if everything I love in the world is snuffed out by an animal, that I would have 1/100th of the faith and patience that is being shown by the living victim here. Walking the walk indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like a lot of people are really hoping for a conclusion to this story that involves some domestic drama or made-for-tv-movie twist. I'm sorry, but I'm afraid we're going to find that there was no reason for this crime. It was just bad luck and wrong place wrong time. Evil exists. I hope that if everything I love in the world is snuffed out by an animal, that I would have 1/100th of the faith and patience that is being shown by the living victim here. Walking the walk indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM Amanda Blackburn was in her home when she was murdered so I don't share your opinion that she was "the wrong place wrong time". MOO

New member here, and I have been following this case from the beginning.

I have lots of questions as there seems to be alot of conflicting and incomplete reporting which makes it a bit frustrating to follow.

1) Maybe someone has insinuated on this site or another, but I've not seen confirmed. Was the stolen silver sebring car ever seen by eyewitness or cctv on the blackburn's street ?

2) what exactly eyewitnesses actually saw and at one time. I have seen eyewitnesses mentioned, in regards to the person in the hoodie we see in the photos near the blackburn residence. Is it their statements that led to the "suede" detail in regards to clothing? It doesn't seem to be something that is discernible via the horrible photos we see. Also, when exactly was this person seen by an eyewitness ?

I want to say that I even saw on this thread that someone mentioned an eyewitness saw the individual near the door of the blackburn residence.

3) how many gunshots were heard ? I could of sworn I saw one report that said there was multiple gunshot wounds - arm, abdomen, and head. If so, is there any information on how much time was between each shot ?

4) Has anyone seen any information regarding the images from the ATM? do they exist ? I understand that he/they could have ditched the atm card and someone else tried it out etc. But worth knowing if that indeed was the case or if the hooded individual matches the surveillance video from near the residence.

5) I also read a news report that said they were monitoring the financial records of the blackburns. I am assuming this is in relation to that ATM card and other cards that might have been stolen. If so, that seems to solidify a robbery occurred. I've seen some mention that the potential of sexual assault might make the primary motive the sexual assault and maybe the robbery opportunistic after the fact. Is it possible that they are just awaiting the results of a rape kit ? What is the turnaround time on making that determination ? Is it something that would be quickly diagnosed ?

6) Was Amanda awake and out of bed before davey left ? I can't seem to see any definite confirmation of that. Was just trying to get a feel for how long this guy might have been in the house before he realized she was there. It would explain the long delay between davey leaving and when the gunshots by the intruder are heard.

7) Is it possible that blackburns had a gun? Is it possible that Amanda used that gun and maybe was overpowered ? Reason I ask is that we seemed to have one officer say the gun that was found possibly had significance and I thought I saw another where it was said to have no relation. I could see one reason to not release this information as it would lead people to think davey was involved. But it also may very well be the very reason they have 100% ruled him out, as fingerprints or dna of some sort on the gun that is not davey's/amandas, would solidify in their minds that he was not the gunman. I didn't bring this up to debate davey - but rather to float the idea that it is potentially the source of the DNA. If you are an intruder and surprised and there is a struggle in which you kill someone with their gun, you clearly aren't prepared for that situation and maybe you even just drop the gun and get out of there. If murdering someone was not on your agenda, you just might panic and bolt without that gun. -- just a thought, as I think it's maybe unlikely that amanda would even be able to load the gun etc. but seemed so odd that the initial report about the gun had the Police Lt saying rather definitively not tied to the case. That's puzzling to me, if you seemed to not have even tested or evaluated that possibility. Would seem to be obvious to say "we are investigating that right now". Also would explain the delay between davey leaving and the gunshots, if she was aware of the intruder and got to a gun they possibly owned and loaded it. -- that might also be a valuable piece of evidence if the bullets had only amanda's prints on them, meaning she loaded the gun.

I know that's a really out there suggestion, but if you think about it... kind of plausible if a)amanda knew how to use the gun b) gun was in a location she could reach before intruder detected her

It's such a horrible tragedy and I do hope they catch the murderer(s). I'm thankful to have an extremely barky dog who trusts no one, and likely would attack an intruder.

Sorry for not looking for direct quotes in this huge thread. For some reason the advanced search isn't working for me (maybe because I don't have those priviliges yet ?)

BBM Amanda Blackburn was in her home when she was murdered so I don't share your opinion that she was "the wrong place wrong time". MOO
I think the point is that it was a random crime, and tragically, circumstances were such that her murder resulted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member