IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read here for a while and just registered to add my two cents. Not that it's much.
Saw this story in the NY Daily news a week ago and have followed it ever since.
So many inconsistencies in the reporting. I also don't think it is any of the public's business to know if this poor woman was sexually assaulted or not. As a sexual assault victim myself, my name back then never would have been publicized, so why should a deceased person's sexual assault be made public? We already know this killer is a deranged animal. This crime can't get any more horrific. Hopefully the police who stated there was no SA is the truth.

Many comments on the Indy newspaper articles suspecting the husband still today. For no good reason..they just seem to think he was unemotional in his interview. Well, I thank God that poor guy is a million times stronger than me and has his strong faith. I couldn't get through it like he is. But he has a strong support of family, close friends and his church. I think he is probably in shock still, holding on to his faith. He said he still texts his wife's phone.
He also has a baby to be strong for and I am sure that will keep him going.

So my opinion is these were drug addict/gang punks robbing another house. I do wonder why they would choose 5:30am rather than more in the middle of the night and I do wonder if they knew the owners were away, because a lot of people could be waking up for work at that time. Seems the shots were heard about 6:45am-- which could have meant the killer was inside the home for a whole half hour if killer entered right after he saw the car pull away? The cops saying he left something behind makes me more confident they will find him / them.

Sometimes my mind goes to could this have been someone they knew? It is so hard to think of something this horrific happening so randomly. But then I think of the home invasion in CT, the one in DC and other crimes were it is just completely random. How could this happen in the early morning, on a cul-de-sac with houses so close together and they make a clean get-away? Well they did. Everything went right for them and it is scary to think how 'easy' the clean getaway was. Heartless killers, usually drug addicts who simply don't care, don't have a soul and will do anything to get money. I'll be surprised if it was actually someone who knew them.

I think they will make an arrest soon. All crimes should be worked on this hard. And if anything can be learned, it is to ALWAYS lock your door when you leave (if occupied or not), always check your surroundings when you leave home, if you see someone new/different in the 'hood walking, especially at odd hours, call the police. If you think you hear shots, call the police. Breaks my heart too, to think that she was alive for 2 hours in that house until he got home.

Prayers for the family and their adorable baby boy to have a happy life in the future.

Eh, I don't know. Everyone is different. I'm a mom of two and I think I'd freeze or quite literally have a heart attack. I'd just be completely petrified.

Totally. I had a recurring nightmare when I was pregnant with our second. I was in a dangerous situation and had to choose between the baby I was carrying and our 1-year-old. I picked our oldest every time in the dream. I was so worried I wouldn't love #2 as much as our first until I talked to my OB, who said its a common thing for women. It's hard for many women to imagine loving the child you're carrying as much as the child you already know and love. Even when you know you will love both. Just my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are taking this personally. Maybe we should just chill out and be happy that some type of progress is being made. Jmo.

We all agree that the crime was senseless. So group hug and may justice be swift.

Btw. I applaud Bessie for keeping up with this thread. Because the Bessie I know would have shut this thread down 10 pages ago. Lol

But still please be careful of the intentional back and forth replies for the sake of just disagreeing with someone. Jmo.

But on that note. I am calling it a night to hopefully wake up to better updates tomorrow.

God bless you all.

I hope no one is taking any opinions too personally. I honestly can say that I have several theories and not sure which is closest to truth or if any are even remotely close.

Definitely not willing to fight about a given opinion or be disrespectful to anyone.

The facts and "reporting" can be very hard to distinguish in this case, so I do realize that most of us are either misunderstanding some things - I know I'm not 100% clear on what is CONFIRMED.

all for the group hug

There was a home invasion/shootout (between homeowner and perps) in my area earlier this week (1AM I believe).....ended up being a case of mistaken identity. They thought the "previous owners" still lived there. (Thankfully nobody died, just wounded). How long had the Blackburns lived in that house?

There was a home invasion/shootout (between homeowner and perps) in my area earlier this week (1AM I believe).....ended up being a case of mistaken identity. They thought the "previous owners" still lived there. (Thankfully nobody died, just wounded). How long had the Blackburns lived in that house?

My understanding is 2 years.

Um sorry but if Amanda was shot at 6.45 and the first burglary occurred at 5.30

Then where was he in between times?

Just my opinion... Thinking out loud...

If there was a burglary a few doors down at 5:30 and also a burglary across town at the same time, is it possible the shooter was across town and didn't make it over to the Blackburn's until after 6? Say it is a ring of burglars, the perps near the Blackburn's could be in contact with perps across town and say "we just saw the neighbor leave, wanna hit that house too?" And perps from across town join them, or drop off shooter and say they'll be back, etc. I don't claim to know how robbers think or plan but this seems plausible based on the clothing on the perp in the cctv across town appears to match the suspect shown leaving the Blackburn's residence.

I've totally rambled, I apologize if it makes no sense.

The thing with "botched robbery" or burglary gone wrong is that the perp feels trapped. Their instinct may be to brandish a weapon or push the person down and run, therefore assaulting them, but the perp isn't looking to get into a violent fight and murder. That usually happens if the victim confronts them or if they know the person and panic about being recognized or know the relationship is going to be over and can't have that. The "botched" part of a robbery, strictly speaking, is the failure to get in and out efficiently with the property. Once there has been interference, how far that goes varies. Somehow, that term has become thrown around as a possible cause of almost every violent murder, as though there is a normal type of robbery/burglary where the perp naturally escalates, when that is not what they are looking to do. It happens, but I don't know why it is considered a default explanation on every crime show, especially because they usually imply it was a random break in. I think people have the logic "well, if he's willing to break in, he is willing to kill, or will be eventually" but most criminals know that is a terrible idea. There are of course some nuts out there, but I feel like "botched robbery" is now used by crime shows to foreshadow it was a staged murder, because so many of these cases don't actually seem to have been motivated by an interrupting homeowner. I think police are being careful with what they reveal and strategic, which can easily include giving false information. I'm not reading much into it at this point until more comes out, and I think police have a better idea than they are letting on, which is part of why it seems so confusing.

Eh, I don't know. Everyone is different. I'm a mom of two and I think I'd freeze or quite literally have a heart attack. I'd just be completely petrified.

Yeah... I have 5 children and I'm pretty sure I'd freeze or turn and run. I'm going to protect my children with all I have in me but I'm fairly certain my natural instincts would never be to attack someone in my house uninvited.

But she didn't freeze up. She put up a fight, which is what I think I would do. She had two babies to protect, twice as many reasons to fight back. Fighting back could save both of them.

Fighting back when the attacker gets to you is much different than going at the attacker. You can freeze up seeing someone in your home and then fight back when they pull out a gun and tackle you to the ground. Kwim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay