GUILTY IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Don't forget to credit me on the album :angel:

I think as time goes on, it [the circumstances] will make more sense.
BBM

:D Absolutely you get credit! Actually, I wonder if you can copywrite the line and sell it to someone like Carrie Underwood! It's a great line that's been running through my head all day.

It's very hard to wrap one's mind around random crimes. We want them to make sense and I wish there was a way to make sense of this one. It's so awful.

Overkill = also a modern expression that definitely applies here IMO

They covered their faces

He didn't need to shoot Amanda at all let alone in the head :(

We have had this conversation before. Overkill is typically in reference to a large quantity of shots, not 3 shots - only one of which was likely fatal.

I think the 11/3 crime seems to indicate that all that would have been needed to happen differently would have been for the victim to attempt to attack Taylor. She might have likely been shot as well. She had a gun to the nape of her neck, and I'm supposed to believe that he wouldn't potentially shoot her either?

The second crime adds alot of fuel to the fire of this being exactly what these guys have done before, just with a different reaction by the victim leading to a different outcome

I'd love to hear more details about this case as I do agree that there are many questions that SHOULD be answered. However, I no longer question whether Taylor was capable of doing this crime without any other motive.

We have had this conversation before. Overkill is typically in reference to a large quantity of shots, not 3 shots - only one of which was likely fatal.

I think the 11/3 crime seems to indicate that all that would have been needed to happen differently would have been for the victim to attempt to attack Taylor. She might have likely been shot as well. She had a gun to the nape of her neck, and I'm supposed to believe that he wouldn't potentially shoot her either?

The second crime adds alot of fuel to the fire of this being exactly what these guys have done before, just with a different reaction by the victim leading to a different outcome

I'd love to hear more details about this case as I do agree that there are many questions that SHOULD be answered. However, I no longer question whether Taylor was capable of doing this crime without any other motive.
Of course he was capable. Without being specific, one only has to read the victim's account of the Nov. 3 crime to see that LT is deranged, volatile, irrational, and unhinged, and that his motivations and actions don't comply with those of his cohorts.

As to "overkill", the known facts suggest that two shots were reactive. A bullet to the lower arm that travels to the bicep strongly indicates the victim's arm was outstretched in a defensive position. The through and through shot to the upper back was a potshot, imo. The one shot to the head was unnecessary to subdue the victim, and does appear to have been deliberate and cruel, with an intent to kill.

Overall, what is crystal clear, at least to me, is that none of the shots were particularly calculated, nor planned in advance.

JMO

https://drive.google.com/viewerng/v...ylor-Jalen-Watson-Sexual-assault-Dec-2015.pdf
http://www.scribd.com/doc/291143533/Affidavit-of-Probable-Cause-in-Amanda-Blackburn-Case

ETA:

Some stats from the four crimes in question:

Occupied residence -
1, 2, and 4

Victims -
1, 2, and 4 - women inside their homes, no men present
3 - female victim not at home

Method of entry -
1 and 4 - unlocked door or window
2 and 3 - locks/security measures compromised

Gun used on victim -
1 and 4; LT stopped by others from shooting victim in 2

Items stolen -
car - 1 and 2
ATM/credit cards - 4, sought in 1, possible contents of wallet in 2
laptop - 1, 2, 3 and 4
television - 1 and 3
purse or wallet - 1 and 2

Sexual Assault -
1 and 4 (probable attempt or initiated act)

Murder

As to "overkill", the known facts suggest that two shots were reactive. A bullet to the lower arm that travels to the bicep strongly indicates the victim's arm was outstretched in a defensive position. The through and through shot to the upper back was a potshot, imo. The one shot to the head was unnecessary to subdue the victim, and does appear to have been deliberate and cruel, with an intent to kill.

Agree. Deliberate and cruel, with an intent to kill, is a good description of the last shot. Overkill is if she was already dead and he just kept on shooting her.

I could post several clips of Detectives saying "burglaries don't turn into murders" because its true - mainly

Some crimes and criminals just Break The Mould

See: Israel Keyes.

Also the Gun Crime in Indy appears so rampant no one turned a hair at the shots

Police barely raised an eyebrow at the gun found

Leading to the General Impression that Indy is a City At War

Casualties will only increase

Theres a lesson here for the NRA if only they were Teachable...

Oh, the NRA is teachable. The fact that it still exists has taught me to buy a gun - to DEFEND myself against the home invaders, the burglary gone wrong crowd, the knock out game, and God knows what else.

What needs to be teachable is not to take your frustrations out on other people - get a damned job or stay in school and learn - get married to a decent man before you have kids, and support your kids, feed them good meals instead of getting your nails done or a new head piece. And, most of all, do NOT think crime of any sort will pay, except in the end when YOU pay by spending your life in prison for whatever crime YOU chose to commit.

:cow:

Hi all,

I tried to search the thread and answer this question for myself ans was unable to find an answer.

Have there been any indications that any of the suspects knew that Amanda Blackburn was pregnant?

Hi all,

I tried to search the thread and answer this question for myself ans was unable to find an answer.

Have there been any indications that any of the suspects knew that Amanda Blackburn was pregnant?

There's been nothing on here or in the news that states that they knew.

Hi all,

She may have told them herself

Don't shoot, im pregnant :(

Seems too random to be random...if that makes sense. Or, it could just be stranger than fiction

Sadly, I have to admit that nothing about these crime sprees... which ended in another innocent woman's murder.... seems strange to me anymore. This IS the truth for many today and tragically there isn't anything fiction about it. It has happened to countless victims. Home invasions are on the rise. Strangers are doing very bold crimes while striking unsuspecting others. They have tortured, bludgeoned, raped, and murdered many victims before, and this will not be the last case that ends with an innocent person being murdered by these type of criminals.

It seems I am reading about another home invasion every two or three days now. What is promising though is more homeowners are fighting back now than ever before and refusing to be their victim. I see quite a few articles recently where the homeowner was able to shoot the invader/s or was able to hold them until the police arrived. So it seems more and more people are very aware of how dangerous home invasions can be and are protecting themselves more and more, as they should.

Amanda is not the only unfortunate soul this has happened to before when a stranger/s entered their home planning to rob the owners of their valuables inside. Over the years there have been many innocent victims who were murdered when the criminal/s found the home wasn't empty, but found the occupants were inside. Strangers like these have murdered men, women, and small children with some of the victims viscously raped and tortured before they were killed including the children. They have wiped out entire families.

What seems to be changing even for a lot of robbers is they have become stone cold and will put their victims through the most horrific acts imaginable all because they can and they know the people inside of their home hemmed up with them cant stop them. I think more and more psychopaths are in our midst now. No longer are they fearful that someone will be inside a home they are planning to rob. They don't seem to care one way or the other and always come prepared with either a knife, bludgeoning weapon or firearm and they aren't afraid to use them either.

I am not sure what you mean it seems too random to be random. Most invaders do pick homes to randomly hit. Home invaders are criminals who do their crimes when they think the opportunity is right. These three seems to be very consistent with others who do multiple invasions in one day. They hit the places where they thought they could get what they wanted. I think they went on to hit the Blackburn home thinking it was unoccupied when they saw Davey leave for the gym. They have their own reasoning to their madness but I doubt any law abiding person will ever understand it. They randomly pick homes based on many different things... from thinking the home was unoccupied, easy to enter, sat back off the road, had trees and bushes where they could hide, and not be seen, or they may pick a home simply by how it looks. I have read articles where robbers have even said they will pick out a home among the rest in the neighborhood if it has the best manicured lawn or its the biggest per SF. That is what is frightening about home invasions like this. It pretty much is the luck of the draw who the criminal/s will choose showing it could be any one of us at any time.

We can just look at the map/news links showing the robberies/invasions of homes in Indy alone to know this is the reality a lot of victims have had to endure with their own offender/s. Many of the cases Bessie linked for us showed just how horrible it can end if the homeowners or residents are inside when the criminal randomly picked their home.

IMO

She may have told them herself

Don't shoot, im pregnant :(

Exactly.

It is un-imaginable to think that she would not have done exactly that. In other words, I can not imagine that she would have kept that to herself. They had to know.

Even if she did tell them they wouldn't have cared. IMO

It makes a difference about additional charges though. If they knew she was pregnant or even if it can reasonably be proven that they should have known. . . then they can also be charged with the murder of her prenatal child. Personally, I am hoping that those charges are forthcoming in this case.

It makes a difference about additional charges though. If they knew she was pregnant or even if it can reasonably be proven that they should have known. . . then they can also be charged with the murder of her prenatal child. Personally, I am hoping that those charges are forthcoming in this case.
The enhancement to murder has been added.

In Indiana it doesn't make a difference if they knew she was pregnant or not. Those charges are being taken care of already..

IMO, the prosecutors need charge LJT with every crime possible. If he's such a stone cold killer at 18, I don't think he will ever reach the point where he can be released into the larger community.

Earlier in the day of the LJT/JW/DG burglary spree, LJT had to be talked out of killing another victim.

They allegedly broke into an apartment miles away from the Blackburns where they stole an iPhone from the sleeping occupant’s bedroom, car keys, a laptop and a wallet, according to an account provided to the police by an unnamed “cooperating individual” and outlined in a probable cause affidavit.

After discovering a security camera in the residence, Taylor wanted to kill the sleeping occupant, but Watson and Gordon talked him down, the account says. According to the affidavit, the trio then moved on to another house where they stole TV’s and a laptop, loading them into the previously stolen car.
By Niraj Chokshi and Michael E. Miller November 23
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...er-of-pastors-pregnant-wife-amanda-blackburn/

DG or JW must have flipped on LJT since they would have been the only witnesses to declare that Amanda had said anything about her pregnancy in his presence and the enhancement has been added.
I'm surprised the prosecutors have not yet added child endangerment charges since Amanda's then 15 month old son was in the house during the violence.

Pretrial Conference has been reset to February 6, 2016, under Judge Grant Hawkins.

To review the entire case summaries, go to this link https://mycase.in.gov/default.aspx
Under All Odyssey Courts-Case Search, select Criminal & Citation Case Records. That will take you to a page where you can search by name or case number.

Current charges in Blackburn and the two other November 10 cases

Charges: TAYLOR, LARRY JO, Jr. - Case No. 49G05-1511-MR-041732

1. 35-42-1-1(1): Murder 35-42-1-1(1)

2. 35-42-1-1(2): Murder 35-42-1-1(2)

3. 35-42-1-1(2): Murder 35-42-1-1(2)

4. 35-43-2-1/F1: Burglary , but serious bodily injury occurs and burglary was to a dwelling. 35-43-2-1

5. 35-43-4-2(a)/F6: Theft where value of property is between $750 & $50k. 35-43-4-2(a)

6. 35-42-5-1(1)/F2: Robbery Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury Injury to someone other than a defendant 35-42-5-1(1)

7. 35-42-3-3(a)/F3: Criminal Confinement while armed with a deadly weapon. 35-42-3-3(a)

8. 35-43-2-1/F4: Burglary Burglary of a dwelling 35-43-2-1

9. 35-43-4-2(a)/F6: Theft where value of property is between $750 & $50k. 35-43-4-2(a)

10. 35-43-4-2.5(b)(1)/F6: Auto Theft where intent is to deprive owner of value or use of vehicle (stole 35-43-4-2.5(b)(1)

11. 35-43-2-1/F4: Burglary Burglary of a dwelling 35-43-2-1

12. 35-43-4-2(a)/F6: Theft where value of property is between $750 & $50k. 35-43-4-2(a)

13. 35-47-2-1/MA: Carrying a Handgun Without a License 35-47-2-1 Misdemeanor Class A

14. 35-50-2-16/NC: Murder/Att Murder Causing Termination Of Human Pregnancy Enhancement 35-50-2-16
Charges: Watson, Jalen E - Case No. 49G05-1511-MR-041745

1. 35-42-1-1(2): Murder 35-42-1-1(2)

2. 35-42-1-1(2): Murder 35-42-1-1(2)

3. 35-43-2-1/F1: Burglary , but serious bodily injury occurs and burglary was to a dwelling. 35-43-2-1

4. 35-43-4-2(a)/F6: Theft where value of property is between $750 & $50k. 35-43-4-2(a)

5. 35-42-5-1(1)/F2: Robbery Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury Injury to someone other than a defendant 35-42-5-1(1)

6. 35-43-2-1/F4: Burglary Burglary of a dwelling 35-43-2-1 Felony 4 11/10/2015

7. 35-43-4-2(a)/F6: Theft where value of property is between $750 & $50k. 35-43-4-2(a)

8. 35-43-4-2.5(b)(1)/F6: Auto Theft where intent is to deprive owner of value or use of vehicle (stole 35-43-4-2.5(b)(1)

9. 35-43-2-1/F4: Burglary Burglary of a dwelling 35-43-2-1

10. 35-43-4-2(a)/F6: Theft where value of property is between $750 & $50k. 35-43-4-2(a)
Charges: GORDON, DIANO CORTEZ - Case No. 49G05-1512-F4-043993

1. 35-43-2-1/F4: Burglary Burglary of a dwelling 35-43-2-1

2. 35-43-4-2(a)/F6: Theft where value of property is between $750 & $50k. 35-43-4-2(a)

3. 35-43-2-1/F4: Burglary Burglary of a dwelling 35-43-2-1

4. 35-43-4-2(a)/F6: Theft where value of property is between $750 & $50k. 35-43-4-2(a)
Charges against LT and JW for the November 3 crime are listed in post #369.

Charging docs:

Nov 3 - https://drive.google.com/viewerng/v...ylor-Jalen-Watson-Sexual-assault-Dec-2015.pdf
Nov 10 - http://www.scribd.com/doc/291143533/Affidavit-of-Probable-Cause-in-Amanda-Blackburn-Case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back