IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW - I found the 'Food Mart'/'Laundromat' mentioned by Detective Burkhardt in the presser.
1 Beachway Drive

Google Maps

Interesting to me is that, even though she mentioned the Food Mart, the Laundromat and the Addison Apartments as if they are all right there together, they are not. The apartments are .2 of a mile from the other two.

Is this pin right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190325-120329_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20190325-120329_Maps.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 24
@ilovechili I'm under the impression that her son also has her last name, though not sure why. In Indiana, you have to sign a paternity affidavit for the child to take the father's last name if the parents are not married. It's not really a complicated process... my husband and I were not married when our son was born, only engaged, and they basically just have a legal representative who works for the hospital come to the room with a 1-page form that both parents have to sign. By the time the mom and child are released from the hospital, the child's last name will be legally changed to the father's name. I'm pretty sure, based on pics I've seen on SM, that she gave birth at the same hospital I did, so the process would be exactly the same. Although we were aware of the process prior to birth and were very conscientious about asking about it, so it's entirely possible she had no idea and was just told "sorry, you're not married, it's the law, child has to have the same last name as the mom"

ETA: It's also entirely possible LH was not present at either births, which would explain him not signing an affidavit.

Port O Call were known as a cesspool of undesirables back in the day.

That part of Indy I always found to be strange. Parts are completely suburban, a mix of single and multi family housing, apartments/townhouses, fairly safe, not in any way considered a scary area and a couple blocks in another direction is like an entirely different world.

This area is not really considered the same "neighborhood" as Haughville at all.

*Note* It was 7-8 years ago that I lived there, so it may have cleaned up.

Water search connected to missing Indy 8-month-old underway

View attachment 176171

A water search is underway on the northwest side of Indianapolis in connection with the disappearance of 8-month-old Amiah Robertson.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department detectives and firefighters from several fire departments were called to a pond at the Mariner's Village Apartments just after 9:30 a.m. Multiple law enforcement sources have confirmed to Call 6 Investigates' Paris Lewbel that the search is in connection with the infant's disappearance.

[...]
Prayers to the searchers!

Hard to tell based on the provided photos and just a very quick Google search, but the area being searched now seems to be surrounded by other properties/hotels/apartments. Would it be an ideal location to dump a body/evidence without fear of being seen....especially on the 9th prior to 10pm, a Saturday night when people tend to stay up later and there is sometimes more visitors at people's apartments, more hotel guests etc? Just seems wildly risky to me as any sort of dump site. But I have of course been wrong countless times on here too

View attachment 176171

A water search is underway on the northwest side of Indianapolis in connection with the disappearance of 8-month-old Amiah Robertson.

Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department detectives and firefighters from several fire departments were called to a pond at the Mariner's Village Apartments just after 9:30 a.m. Multiple law enforcement sources have confirmed to Call 6 Investigates' Paris Lewbel that the search is in connection with the infant's disappearance.

[...]

Gosh, I hope they find her today. :(

I do wonder what was seen at this pond that made them begin searching there.

Hard to tell based on the provided photos and just a very quick Google search, but the area being searched now seems to be surrounded by other properties/hotels/apartments. Would it be an ideal location to dump a body/evidence without fear of being seen....especially on the 9th prior to 10pm, a Saturday night when people tend to stay up later and there is sometimes more visitors at people's apartments, more hotel guests etc? Just seems wildly risky to me as any sort of dump site. But I have of course been wrong countless times on here too

The road in front of the Mariner's was a very busy road and the area in general had a lot of traffic. Both Pebble Point and Mariner's have a lot of residents. I also bet there is CCTV around there these days, too. Not a good dumping place IMO.

The fire department boats are utilizing side-scanning sonar technology that creates a picture or an image of what is at the bottom of the pond. The crews are also utilizing divers to physically search underwater.

Firefighters were also called out around 7:15 p.m. Sunday to the same area, but called off the search when it became too dark for them to operate safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member