IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO: the paternity and child support is moot. Doesn’t look like any of the potential dad’s have viable employment. I’m also guessing that once paternity is proven, dad wouldn’t serve much time for non-support.

I agree they would not do much time.

With my posts though that was not the point, the point was motive. There allegedly was an argument over paternity and the mother also stated to media that RL was upset she was thinking about getting back together with the baby's alleged "bio' dad.

Sadly, it is correct that parents behind on support or intentionally withholding it are not dealt with nor serve much time. That is another conversation entirely and I agree that is quite often the case.
Is this an abandoned property? I found owners from a bit back, but they have both passed away, the last in Sept 2018.

I found a site by googling as someone suggested that showed residents for years. One name kept showing up repeatedly as if she lived there many times off and on... It is a name that has shown up in this case, not either family, to my knowledge anyhow but someone else. I hope this abides by TOS...

Oh, sorry! Who lives in the Hamilton house? Is it in the same neighborhood?

No worries, I just added a smiley face to the post in case I sounded snippy (didn’t mean to)! That is the million dollar question lol. Does anyone live there now? Why was his car there?

Grrr.

In the presser,the detective used the phrase 1:30 until 8:30pm vs between 130 and 8:30
So I got the impression he was in and around that area for 7 hours, not just passing through. Just my personal impression

My impression as well. I wonder if they have surveillance, but perhaps it only showed an early and then a later time, idk..

But he also could’ve driven to Timbuctoo and back. How far is the county line from that area?

Maybe he was in the area getting loaded, moo.

Last edited:
I’m behind as well...

I would like to know when and if LE has processed the vehicle. If it’s been in storage all this time, I’m not sure this has occurred.

I recall from the DM photo that the vehicle was parked outside on the lot and I wonder if LE would have processed it remotely. But the other times I’ve seen a vehicle processed it has been done in an LE garage, so I’m thinking maybe processing has not yet occurred. Perhaps they are waiting on the SW to be approved, which I would think would have been completed by now.

ETA: Link DM photo of vehicle and date:

Photo:

11392828-6844529-image-a-19_1553438759314.jpg

Search for missing eight-month-old baby now being treated as a homicide investigation | Daily Mail Online

Good idea to compare the location of the interview.

Is that a bruise on the right side of her neck?

I have no idea either but if I had to guess, the vehicle was impounded if it was a hit and run or reckless driving or whatever that charge was. I am unsure that they would have any right to inspect it with regard to the missing child then? The child was reported missing the same day was she not? I am just speculating but I am unsure if they would have enough to forensically go over it with regard to the child at that point... Today, reading posts it sounds like it was stored (what I first saw), then pending release (which I also saw) and now is perhaps stored again.

Either the form of payment bounced to retrieve it or perhaps they found it was about to be released and a warrant was issued?

All total speculation on my part.

I want to add my thanks Margarita for all of your work on the timeline. It is amazing. With all of the convoluted "facts" in this case, even more so. I am in awe of those that do this to help the rest of us.

I have no idea either but if I had to guess, the vehicle was impounded if it was a hit and run or reckless driving or whatever that charge was. I am unsure that they would have any right to inspect it with regard to the missing child then? The child was reported missing the same day was she not? I am just speculating but I am unsure if they would have enough to forensically go over it with regard to the child at that point... Today, reading posts it sounds like it was stored (what I first saw), then pending release (which I also saw) and now is perhaps stored again.

Either the form of payment bounced to retrieve it or perhaps they found it was about to be released and a warrant was issued?

I want to add my thanks Margarita for all of your work on the timeline. It is amazing. With all of the convoluted "facts" in this case, even more so. I am in awe of those that do this to help the rest of us.

You are most welcome. Again good effort by all here.

I’m irritated beyond irritated. I’ll plan to resume the timeline after a nap.

Are you thinking of the babysitter's house on Holmes? I recall reading what you described about the babysitter's house, but not the Hamilton house. Did they search that one as well?
I haven't heard of any other location that LE is interested in but I may have missed something. I haven't read anything about the Hamilton house.

Is the provided photo the actual photo of his vehicle? I had assumed it was just a random photo of a car of the same make/model to use as reference but it does look as though it was perhaps taken at an impound ???

For a car that is described as maroon and in poor condition, it looks to be red and in very good condition too considering it is 23 YEARS old....most of the paint is even still shiny and no rust which would be odd for a car of that age in the Midwest winters/salted roads.

I as well when I saw the picture earlier thought the same thing. The detective clearly more than once said it was "poor" condition. Clearly, the year is old, etc. but when I saw this picture I thought the condition was far from poor. I expected rust, maybe a muffler hanging, dings, dents, holes, etc.

I only point this out because anyone in Indianapolis who may have seen it where they want sightings and info from, but who have not seen this picture but heard the reference to "poor' condition may dismiss one that looks like this which is in far better shape than I expected.

Or is it a stock photo of some type?

jmo.

Sorry if already answered, still catching up, do we know where the video of this interview was .

Likely many dumpsters around there are well.

Now I’m scared she has made it to the incinerator. :(.

I asked Steve Jefferson for address of interview on porch (1717 something) no response yet.
1017 N Hamilton is AR's mom's house.

Keep digging... there appears to be a connection to someone who lived there in the past.

I'm still confused about where Amber and Amiah lived. Was their address the same as the babysitter's? If so then where were they when RL left with Amiah to take her to the babysitter's? At the Motel 6? Was it ever confirmed that they were there? If not, where were they?

Why did RL take her and not Amber? If he had a history of "taunting" her why would she let him be alone with Amiah?

Did RL live with Amber? The article linked below says they were living in a car on the property at Holmes; other reports mention a garage/shed behind the house.
at-wits-end-yahoo-emoticon.gif

New video surfaces in missing 8-month-old case out of Indianapolis

I love your tearing the hair out emoticon. Man could I use that one in most cases and this one in particular... :)

Oh wow, I assumed they towed it from the scene. How soon after the incident did they find it there? Is it an empty residence?
Since they found it there then my guess is yes, they would have searched the property. Imo

All good questions! I wish we had more answers on so many different things in this case.

I as well when I saw the picture earlier thought the same thing. The detective clearly more than once said it was "poor" condition. Clearly, the year is old, etc. but when I saw this picture I thought the condition was far from poor. I expected rust, maybe a muffler hanging, dings, dents, holes, etc.

I only point this out because anyone in Indianapolis who may have seen it where they want sightings and info from, but who have not seen this picture but heard the reference to "poor' condition may dismiss one that looks like this which is in far better shape than I expected.

jmo.

The photo of the Rodeo that has been circulating in MSM is an example photo. It's actually a Rodeo that's for sale at a dealership in California right now. AFAIK, they have not shown an actual image of the real Rodeo.

Someone at some point posted screenshots from the incident report. 1017 N Hamilton Ave is listed as Amiah’s address. Public records search of the address lists it as CM’s home, Amiah’s grandmother. I have screenshots of both but I’m not sure how to post a photo.

If this is not allowed per TOS please delete.

Yes, it was impounded after the incident. It's in the police report.
It's possible they may have found evidence in the vehicle, also, that led them to believe the child was deceased. They have not said what or where the evidence came from, however. Imo

No worries, I just added a smiley face to the post in case I sounded snippy (didn’t mean to)! That is the million dollar question lol. Does anyone live there now? Why was his car there?

Grrr.

My impression as well. I wonder if they have surveillance, but perhaps it only showed an early and then a later time, idk..

But he also could’ve driven to Timbuctoo and back. How far is the county line from that area?

Well I definitely don't see him as the type to work hard doing the household chore of laundry at the laundromat there for 7 straight hours, that's for sure! As someone pointed out upthread (sorry I forget who to give credit to) the Addison apartments that the detective mentioned along with the Food Mart and Laundromat aren't directly next to the food Mart and Laundromat and she mentioned them by name, so perhaps the detective thinks they are of significance?

jmo.
Well, if the source is from a site like Radar-on-line or the DM, I would guess it's not the same vehicle. Imo

jmo.

A clever sleuther (sorry, again I forget who) discovered MSM had just pulled a similar car that was for sale in California, so it's NOT his actual vehicle.

Though that makes me wonder why PD didn't provide a photo. Perhaps the "public" they are reaching out to isn't just random people/shoppers who were also in that area and may have seen RL & Amiah but to a specific party/parties who are already acquainted with him? They didn't even hold up.a photo of him either during that presser, did they?

You can't expect the general public to go to the trouble of looking all that info up; the mugshot of him, photos of similar make/model vehicle, so they can try to remember if they saw him or Amiah. You have to provide that for the public, but the PD didn't. Is it because they assume he was with someone he already knew for those 7 hours or at least partially for that time?

Hmmmmm....

Last edited:

Grrr.

No, it didn't sound snippy. I'm just trying to figure out who saw the car there or what the source was. What day was it reported to have been at that location and how do we know it's the same vehicle?
Just curious because I would have thought LE impounded it right away. I assumed RL never left the scene before he was arrested. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member