IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

This is the one thing that REALLY stuck out to me in that interview, as well. She had no clue how to answer that question, almost like she hadn't even seen the baby lately. It had me wondering if she even has custody of this baby!
I was wondering if it was brought up because of the way that LE wrote up the report to issue a Silver Alert instead of a Amber Alert. Amber kinda had a shocked look over question but seemed to answer it anyway. Imo

This is so sad. I’m sure if we took a show of hands, everyone here could account for the very last time they saw their children and significant others - and the circumstances surrounding that last time.

MOO: I can’t help but feel that some of the people involved would be more distraught, and searching harder, over a lost phone or dime bag.

Love to you Amiah.:(

Ever been on heavy opioids after surgery, etc? Sense of time and place is skewed. I think that is the everyday reality for some people. MOO

I don't sense a mean bone in Amber's body. I might be alone in feeling this way. To me, she seems like someone who is hungry for affirmation wherever she can find it.

As a tutor, she reminds me of some of the students I was least able to help because they had limited intellect and multiple learning disabilities. No matter how hard I tried and how hard they tried, sometimes we didn't make much progress.

From what we know of how RL has treated Amber (her black eye, a Motel 6 date), we'd be running from someone like that, but maybe Amber hasn't had much loving care throughout her life. And if so, she hasn't had good role models for caring for her own children.

That doesn't take away from how much sorrow I feel for Amiah. I have no idea how this will end, but I believe Amiah will have died at the hands of one of the men in Amber's life.
I completely agree. She reminds me of a young lady I know who could easily be sucked into a similar situation (and very nearly was). Even with loving, attentive parents, my friend is at very high risk of being taken advantage of. I feel that both Amber and the baby are victims of an awful circumstance.

Regarding the link to the court database I posted- A person's case will not be posted until charges are filed and it is actually on the court dockets. This can take a little time. Not in reference to this case because I don't know, but a person could be in jail while charges are being determined and filed and not show up in the database.

The search continues for Indianapolis baby, Amiah Robertson

"I want the truth on that baby," Clyde McPeak, who lives with the uncle of 8-month-old Amiah.

"We’ve been trying to go to the scene and find out what we can," McPeak said." Ever since baby Amiah went missing, they've been trying to figure out what happened.

Investigators continued their search in a field near South Belmont Avenue on West McCarty Street, near Eagle Creek. McPeak was there.

"Everybody started leaving, then the mom and dad pulls up laughing and asking us if we’re all right," McPeak said.

He said baby Amiah's parents were at the scene too.

"That’s not the way I’d be feeling if my kid was missing by any means," McPeak said. "There wasn’t no tears in her eyes looking for her baby."

The search continues for Indianapolis baby, Amiah Robertson

"I want the truth on that baby," Clyde McPeak, who lives with the uncle of 8-month-old Amiah.

"We’ve been trying to go to the scene and find out what we can," McPeak said." Ever since baby Amiah went missing, they've been trying to figure out what happened.

Investigators continued their search in a field near South Belmont Avenue on West McCarty Street, near Eagle Creek. McPeak was there.

"Everybody started leaving, then the mom and dad pulls up laughing and asking us if we’re all right," McPeak said.

He said baby Amiah's parents were at the scene too.

"That’s not the way I’d be feeling if my kid was missing by any means," McPeak said. "There wasn’t no tears in her eyes looking for her baby."

This is a very poorly written article. Just who are the "mom and dad" who were laughing? And why would they be asking if "they" are alright?

I've lived in the Indy area most of my life. As others have stated, this area suffers greatly from low income, education, and high crime. I don't know anybody personally from the area, but I drive nearby streets almost every day to and from work.

Reading the interviews with Amber, the mother, gives me a sense of neglect, rather than direct harm to the child. Maybe she left the child alone without supervision or ignored signs of illness. Purely speculation on my part.

I've made a Google map of the few places we know of. There are two Motel 6's in the immediate Indy area. The Harding Street motel is gross. The airport motel, which I think is closer to the house, is kept a bit better and where I would imagine a "date" would be. If this map is not allowed, I will remove it.

Amiah - Google My Maps

You really feel that police found Amiah's body and concluded that search by asking for the public's help in locating missing baby Amiah? Does that sound logical?

The rest...haven't seen on MSM. Not going to take words from the rumor Mill and run with them.
Yes, LE specifically warned against SM rumors. If a body had been found I don't think there would be any way to keep it from the media. The coroner would have been called immediately and there's no way (that I can see) to keep that from being released to the public.
As far as the boyfriend is concerned, it was reported a few days ago that he has been released. So he is apparently not still in jail, and I don't think it's possible that the family is lying about the charges. Imo

I was wondering if it was brought up because of the way that LE wrote up the report to issue a Silver Alert instead of a Amber Alert. Amber kinda had a shocked look over question but seemed to answer it anyway. Imo
An Amber Alert was not issued because it did not meet the strict criteria required. There was no vehicle description, etc.
The concern for medical treatment would have been mentioned in either case.
I don't think it means that she was sick with a contageous disease, which is probably why Amber seemed confused by that question. Imo

Attachments

• EE54F344-8178-46F7-AF66-BCD6AB96E324.jpeg
    EE54F344-8178-46F7-AF66-BCD6AB96E324.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 63
  • CFBFD996-91A4-4314-BDDB-0C8A5920B2A3.jpeg
    CFBFD996-91A4-4314-BDDB-0C8A5920B2A3.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 53
City of Indianapolis & Marion County Payment Portal

Interesting. You can search 911 calls and incident reports...

That is interesting. I guess it might be a good thing that LE appears to be very well acquainted with all of the cast of characters in this story! They sure do pay them a lot of visits.

ETA: Also, according to this, the possible baby daddy/father of the older son, was at the same location as the Amiah's mom and boyfriend......on the same day.... I thought he was out of town?

You can search by address. Holy moly, there have been a LOT of visits to that house in recent months and years.....and if you cross-reference the names with the inmate site.....lots of drug arrests, meth possession, meth dealing, etc. Certainly not a typical "baby sitter's" house! Me thinks nobody was taking a baby there to be babysat.....

Last edited:
Are you posting all statements that are untrue?

Not purposely of course. I've been referring to the two databases for many years, and inmates/records have always shown up within 24 business hours of all arrests I've researched from our local news.

<modsnipped local chatter/rumor is not allowed>

I've been enthralled with these types of unfortunate situations my entire adult life, this one is in my state, <modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been enthralled with these types of unfortunate situations my entire adult life, this one is in my state, and I'd want to know what the 'locals' know or have been told.

And you said you've been lurking for several years, so you should know the rules. A huge percentage of what you posted is not allowed on Websleuths because it's not considered fact, only rumor/whisper-down-the-lane information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper