IN IN - Amiah Robertson, 8 months, Indianapolis, 15 Mar 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think pale blue sky is just pointing out the conflicting information, not taking it as being true

Except that what was stated was preceded with phrases such as:

"A friend of mine lives in that neighborhood and..."

As well as

"My sister was personally told that..."

All followed with things heard 2nd hand (or 3rd hand) through the grapevine
Perhaps it's all true. It very well could be, but if it's not been confirmed in MSM as factual information, it cannot (per websleuths rules) be discussed here.

Doesn’t Crime Stoppers or the FBI usually offer a $10K reward pretty quickly in missing/endangered children’s cases? I wonder why there’s not been any reward offered so far?

My thoughts are if there was even a small reward offered in this case, people would be coming out of the woodwork with what they know.

JMO

OSU,

You make an excellent point about the FBI usually offering a reward in cases like this. As you said, even if it was only a relatively small monetary reward, people would be coming out of the woodwork. To me, not offering a reward means either:

1) LE has most of the information they need or
2) They are afraid that offering a reward will bring in false tips by people who are eager to claim the money.

MOO

The statement he/she made was. "In terms of false leads....", pretty self explanatory. And no one is discussing it. Sometimes it can be helpful to hear what locals are saying. Doesn't mean we have to run with it. Surely we can surmise it isn't true, since they have been still searching.

Personally I believe SA was called off by FBI. I'm confident a profiler has this case all sewed up except finding Amiah's body.

Mom lawyered up around the same time FBI came in and SA called off. The writing is on the wall sad as it is. I still believe it was too late for Amiah before the first dime was dropped.
MOO

I cannot believe this is still being allowed to go on!
This one is driving me crazy. I cannot believe almost a week has gone by and we still don’t know where she is or when and how she disappeared. If BF (ex bf now) took her and never gave her to babysitter or back to mom you would think they could charge him with kidnapping or similar? If babysitter did receive her and “lost her” then wouldn’t she be charged with something? What is going on here!? :mad:

Also, the Silver Alert was cancelled because LE "wasn't getting many responses". Huh? The number of responses dictates how long the alert stays in effect?

I wonder if more is known and the alert doesn't need to be out there any more :(

They actually said IMPD social media and their own hotline are getting more tips than the Silver Alert hotline. JMO, I dont think the SA is necessary. I think shes nearby. :(

Police cancel Silver Alert for missing baby as search continues | 13 WTHR Indianapolis Police cancel Silver Alert for missing baby as search continues

I am really, really not getting why nobody is in jail yet. IF it's true that the boyfriend took the baby, knows where she is, and wouldn't tell Amber should he at least be charged with kidnapping at the very least? Not that I think that's what happened, but.....why is nobody charged with anything yet???

I am really, really not getting why nobody is in jail yet. IF it's true that the boyfriend took the baby, knows where she is, and wouldn't tell Amber should he at least be charged with kidnapping at the very least? Not that I think that's what happened, but.....why is nobody charged with anything yet???
They probably just don’t have enough evidence yet.

It’s dangerous to rush things, and make a mistake.

I believe law enforcement has a good idea of what happened, and it’s just a matter of time until we see an arrest.

Once we see that, I think the recovery of Amiah will follow shortly thereafter.

Maybe they want to see what he does/where he goes

I agree with MassGuy. You have to have some type of physical or circumstantial evidence to charge someone. Stupidity isnt a crime unfortunately .

The statement he/she made was. "In terms of false leads....", pretty self explanatory. And no one is discussing it. Sometimes it can be helpful to hear what locals are saying. Doesn't mean we have to run with it. Surely we can surmise it isn't true, since they have been still searching.

I was under the impression we could post such things with a disclaimer **Rumor Alert**
We just can't link?

Regardless, now the new local poster knows the rules. We can stop the shaming ...

Just saw elsewhere a recording (via cell phone) of local newscast that shows video of the boyfriend carrying trash bags out of the babysitter's house. In that same video it said the couple (Amiah's mom and her BF) were living in a car behind that house. Maybe poor Amiah froze to death like that other little baby :(.

ETA: I'll try to find a link to the actual newscast.

Just saw elsewhere a recording (via cell phone) of local newscast that shows video of the boyfriend carrying trash bags out of the babysitter's house. In that same video it said the couple (Amiah's mom and her BF) were living in a car behind that house. Maybe poor Amiah froze to death like that other little baby :(.

ETA: I'll try to find a link to the actual newscast.
That video is on the facebook page of the news station. I just don't know if I am allowed to post since it is on facebook.

I'm still not sure I trust that eye witness account. And without it, we have no clue how long Amiah has actually been missing :(.
WTH? Seriously. No body knows anything,and everybody knows everything.
Glad the FBI is involved, SGT Gillespie seems like he wants to crack skulls,and I can't blame him.
Poor Sweet Amiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member