IN IN - Baby Girl Miller, newborn, Marion County, 10 May 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20006198-504083.html

Tasha Miller (WISH)

INDIANAPOLIS (CBS/WISH) An Indianapolis mother whose newborn's whereabouts are unknown will not face any charges -- for now -- according to Marion County prosecutors

Formal felony child neglect charges were expected to be filed against 19-year-old Tasha Miller in court on Wednesday, but the deputy prosecutor decided not to do so, citing a lack of evidence in the case, according to CBS affiliate WISH-TV.
Police say Miller told them she delivered a baby at home more than two weeks ago, but claims she can't remember what she did with the newborn. Her story has changed several times, police told WISH, with the most consistent story being that the baby died, she put it in a shoebox, then into a Victoria's Secret bag, and from there, into a dumpster.

Well that sets a STELLAR example for other teen mothers.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20006198-504083.html

Tasha Miller (WISH)

INDIANAPOLIS (CBS/WISH) An Indianapolis mother whose newborn's whereabouts are unknown will not face any charges -- for now -- according to Marion County prosecutors

Formal felony child neglect charges were expected to be filed against 19-year-old Tasha Miller in court on Wednesday, but the deputy prosecutor decided not to do so, citing a lack of evidence in the case, according to CBS affiliate WISH-TV.
Police say Miller told them she delivered a baby at home more than two weeks ago, but claims she can't remember what she did with the newborn. Her story has changed several times, police told WISH, with the most consistent story being that the baby died, she put it in a shoebox, then into a Victoria's Secret bag, and from there, into a dumpster.

Lack of evidence???? She had a baby, now it's gone. What evidence do you need? GMAB

Not to mention the 10 or so stories she has told.

The fact she will face no charges disgusts me. It really does.

The fact she will face no charges disgusts me. It really does.

You and me both. Is she going to rob a bank next, and get away with that? Makes me even more ill that somebody close to her probably knows a lot more than they are saying and they are letting this woman get away with it.

Someone would have adopted that baby and loved her.

Yes Cherry, someone would have adopted her and loved her, IMO.
There are so many people that can not have children, and here we have a "mother" who throws hers in the trash and appears to be getting off scott free.
WTH is wrong with our world???

Holding out hope they find out what happened to this baby.

So if you live in IN, have a baby, possibly kill it, and then hide the baby's body so well that it can't be found... you won't be charged?? Sickening.

I agree....this is absolutely ridiculous and is an insult to the justice system....there are people out there innocent in jail hoping to get their cases reheard and then THIS.....

I am furious over this.................This girl should be put in jail until she talks and stay there if she doesnt.....

This could be the death of a baby!!! it is not a situation to be treated lightly....

If you ask me her story has changed and been muddled up for a reason...

I think she probably did kill this poor baby and knows that without a body she can not be charged.....

I havent read much on the baby Gabriel case but I do know they think that either the mum killed him or it is an illegal adoption....is that not the same case here.....and isnt Gabriels mum in jail....

sorry for the rant but this has totally infuriated me that this girl is getting off lightly when there where other options...:furious:

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100604/NEWS02/6040414/1195/LOCAL

Star report
Posted: June 4, 2010

A 19-year-old woman who's missing her newborn daughter today had a juvenile court hearing rescheduled.

Tasha Miller showed up at the juvenile court facility on the city's Far Eastside today, preparing to possibly face a comtempt of court citation. Instead, a judge rescheduled the hearing for Thursday afternoon.

I don't see how there can be a difference between a sweet innocent baby and an adult. Had she done this to an adult she would be behind bars for life!:furious:

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/details-grisly-in-missing-baby-case

Updated: Tuesday, 22 Jun 2010, 10:34 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 22 Jun 2010, 9:51 PM EDT

Reporter: Debby Knox
Editor: Andrew Bonner

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - The mother of a missing newborn is expected to plead guilty to child neglect as part of a plea deal with the Marion County Prosecutor.

Nineteen-year-old Tasha Miller's mixed up story about the whereabouts of her baby first popped up when she went to the hospital to be treated for post-birth complications.

As part of an expected plea agreement, she has come forward with what the prosecutor believes is the true story.

this is so sad. all she had to do was take the baby to the hospital and leave her there. she could have been adopted and had a happy life. instead her final resting place is possibly a dump although how will anybody ever know for sure unless they find her. and the mom will get a slap on the hand and go through the rest of her life believing she was justified in what she did. if the court system doesnt think its a big deal then how can the mother know the gravity of what she has done?

this is so sad. all she had to do was take the baby to the hospital and leave her there. she could have been adopted and had a happy life. instead her final resting place is possibly a dump although how will anybody ever know for sure unless they find her. and the mom will get a slap on the hand and go through the rest of her life believing she was justified in what she did. if the court system doesnt think its a big deal then how can the mother know the gravity of what she has done?

I couldn't have said it better.

She'll get the ultimate "don't do it again" and get off with a minor slap on the wrist, when in reality she should be charged for murder.

It's a shame. That poor child never had a chance. Put her up for adoption if you don't want her.. Granted, that's a little bit of work that goes behind it, and it's SO much easier to be irresponsible :(

http://beta.indystar.com/article/20...aby-may-avoid-jail?odyssey=mod_sectionstories

<snipped>

The plea deal calls for four years in community corrections programs such as work-release or home detention, Brizzi said. It would be part of a recommendation for a 20-year sentence, with 16 years suspended.

Brizzi said his goal was to hold Miller accountable for failing to seek medical care.

"We don't believe, based on all evidence, that she intended to harm the child," Brizzi said. "Putting her in prison for 10 years, I don't believe, would serve the interests of justice in this case."

I was just thinking about this baby girl. She was born a few days before my niece. It looks like they are prosecuting the 'mother'.

"As part of an expected plea agreement, she has come forward with what the prosecutor believes is the true story.

In the probable cause affidavit , Miller tells investigators she is a lesbian and that, "her female domestic partner would kill her if it were revealed she was pregnant." "

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/details-grisly-in-missing-baby-case

and

Mom charged with neglect

INDIANAPOLIS &#8212; Prosecutors say an Indianapolis woman whose newborn hasn&#8217;t been found despite extensive police searches has agreed to plead guilty to child neglect charges.

The Marion County prosecutor&#8217;s office filed the felony charges Tuesday against 19-year-old Tasha Miller, saying she faces four years in community corrections.

http://heraldbulletin.com/local/x383279881/Local-briefs-June-22

Killing a minutes old baby to hide it from your lesbian partner = child neglect huh? Funny, in my world, that equals first degree murder.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/24598639/detail.html

Women Gets 4 Years With Mental Health Component
POSTED: 5:26 pm EDT August 11, 2010
UPDATED: 6:13 pm EDT August 11, 2010

INDIANAPOLIS -- A woman who refused to disclose the whereabouts of her missing newborn after giving birth in May was sentenced on Wednesday.

A judge ordered Tasha Miller, 19, to serve four years in community corrections with a mental health component, followed by a year and a half on probation.

Killing a minutes old baby to hide it from your lesbian partner = child neglect huh? Funny, in my world, that equals first degree murder.
I'm just coming across this story now. The whole thing baffles me. If you had an unwanted pregnancy, you're of legal age, why not abort it? I am not for abortion at all, but if you're gonna kill the kid, why carry it for 9 months and then kill it an illegal way? :burn:

I'm just coming across this story now. The whole thing baffles me. If you had an unwanted pregnancy, you're of legal age, why not abort it? I am not for abortion at all, but if you're gonna kill the kid, why carry it for 9 months and then kill it an illegal way? :burn:

Because an abortion would cost money, and getting rid of it after it was born didn't cost her anything, as far as money goes. It may cost her several years of freedom though.

This baby could have been born dead, or it could have been born alive and died, with or without her help. We will probably never know, since she's changed stories several times. The point is, LE can't charge her for a crime until they're certain what the crime is, murder or something else. Finding the baby would be a big help in determining how it died and what happened.

Makes me sick.

Because an abortion would cost money, and getting rid of it after it was born didn't cost her anything, as far as money goes. It may cost her several years of freedom though.

This baby could have been born dead, or it could have been born alive and died, with or without her help. We will probably never know, since she's changed stories several times. The point is, LE can't charge her for a crime until they're certain what the crime is, murder or something else. Finding the baby would be a big help in determining how it died and what happened.

Makes me sick.

She really would have no reason to hide or to dispose of a baby that died from childbirth the only reason to hid the baby was because she killed the child!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scc79535
Back