IN IN - Brannon O’Dell, 18, went outside to look for bugs & lizards, high-functioning autism, low blood sugar, Ligonier, 24 Sept 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
brannon-odell_flyer.jpg

LIGONIER, Ind. (WPTA) - The Ligonier Police Department and Missing People in America are seeking the public’s assistance in locating a missing 18-year-old boy.

According to the organizations, 18-year-old Brannon O’Dell is missing and was last seen by a Pizza Hut delivery driver at 8:58 p.m. on Tuesday, September 24th.

More at Ligonier PD, Missing People in America seeking public assistance to locate missing 18-year-old boy

Nothing new at this link.

Was this usual behavior for him ?
If he'd walked too far, would he have accepted a ride from anyone ?
It's been four days now.

Has his parents or family/friends made a plea ?
Scary about his meds being left behind. :(
Eta : How will his health hold up without those particular meds ?
Omo.

I’d like to know what the medicine is that he takes for low blood sugar. That is not a condition typically treated with medication.
Good thought - I'm thinking the medication is likely related to the bleeding disorder rather than medication for low blood sugar AND a bleeding disorder. They've not mentioned what disorder he has, but one of the most common bleeding disorders in the general population (about 1% have it) is von Willebrand disease and medication for that in the form of nasal sprays is commonly used to help with nosebleeds that can come with that.

Is it common for Brannon to go out and search for bugs/lizards at 10 PM? Was he upset about something? I also note that he has no ID, no shoes, no needed meds. I really hope that he'll be found safe very soon.

I'll have to say that I always go worm and lizard hunting after it's been dark a few hours and preferably in the rain, also I never wear shoes while doing this. Nor do I carry anything else with me but maybe a small bucket to keep what I catch in. MOO.

Is it common for Brannon to go out and search for bugs/lizards at 10 PM ? Was he upset about something ? I also note that he has no ID, no shoes, no needed meds. I really hope that he'll be found safe very soon.
Bbm.
I'm going with possibly upset. Imo.
His fiancee' lives in TX ?
Was there a breakup ?
Did he live alone or with a roommate/friend.
Seems like there's something not being said and maybe more to his disappearance.
Just my .02.

This is right up the road from me. Has he been found? Did he take his phone? Does he live close to one of the many lakes up here? If I had more of an idea where he went missing from I could get a better idea of what he was walking out into. There is a lot of country and open space in Ligonier.

Edit - My local FB groups are filled with his picture and information. His mother believes someone has taken him in some fashion. Her plea is heartbreaking.

Last edited:
I suppose there would be visible search parties around the area. But strange indeed they do not say from where he went missing. LE usually does…
Why would someone take him ? There must be indeed more going on that we do not know of
I hope he is just lost and safe and will soon be home, prayers for his family

Bbm.
I'm going with possibly upset. Imo.
His fiancee' lives in TX ?
Was there a breakup ?
Did he live alone or with a roommate/friend.
Seems like there's something not being said and maybe more to his disappearance.
Just my .02.
No, I get the sense from reading his moms fbk that all was fine in regards to fam and gf. The important thing is not speculating to the extent that his fam might see these posts but rather in publicizing he is missing. Thankfully there are alot of searchers out there.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke
Back