Found Safe IN - Bryson Muir, 14, *poss in danger*, Logansport, last seen leaving Ohio w/his mother, Kristen Muir, Servant Leader’s Foundation, 16 Jun '24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Docs: Ex-Colts tackle admits he 'whooped' son 'like a grown *advertiser censored** man'

“Talking to a relative, former Colts defensive tackle Daniel Muir said he beat his 14-year-old son over allegations of inappropriate contact that the boy had with other children.”

1st paragraph of the article. any one else see this before? UGH!! None the less, they should have been more transparent. Hiding him didn’t help the situation.

Daniel Muir also told the relative, the brother of his wife, that “if they lived in their homeland (religious country) (redacted name) would be put to death for his acts, instead they live in the United States so they could not put him to death,” court documents say.

Daniel Muir also told the relative, the brother of his wife, that “if they lived in their homeland (religious country) (redacted name) would be put to death for his acts, instead they live in the United States so they could not put him to death,” court documents say.
Homeland? Where were Daniel and Kristen born?

If the parents are innocent of harming their son then why the need for multiple, conflicting stories?

From your link:
Court documents say Kristen Muir on June 20 confirmed in a recorded call to her mother, Cheryl Wright, that the injury came from Daniel Muir punishing his son.

In June 27 meetings with state police, the boy’s parents produced videos where Bryson Muir denied his father punched him in the eye. Kristen Muir also told state police that an unknown individual had punched Bryson Muir when he went to take out trash and walked over to train tracks near their property.

I wonder if the claim that the reason for the beating was that Bryson was "touching other children inappropriately" is even true?

If true, it needs dealt with immediately but in a proper way, not with fists.

If untrue- what a horrible accusation to go on record with about your son.

I wonder if the claim that the reason for the beating was that Bryson was "touching other children inappropriately" is even true?

Was it inappropriate contact or inappropriate touching? The article said it was allegations of inappropriate contact that the boy had with other children.

A minor distinction, I know but it may make a difference. But if it was touching how exactly would “whooping” his behind solve the underlying problem?

In either case it doesn’t validate physical abuse. A reasonable parent would have sought help from professionals if something inappropriate was happening.

Ugh, aren’t we, as a society evolved past brute force yet?

Was it inappropriate contact or inappropriate touching? The article said it was allegations of inappropriate contact that the boy had with other children.

A minor distinction, I know but it may make a difference. But if it was touching how exactly would “whooping” his behind solve the underlying problem?

In either case it doesn’t validate physical abuse. A reasonable parent would have sought help from professionals if something inappropriate was happening.

Ugh, aren’t we, as a society evolved past brute force yet?
It is blaming the victim to an extreme harsh degree. They want people to say, "Oh, well in that case, whoop him."

Nope. Not okay. It's barbaric, imo.

jmo

Bryson is a child! BUT there’s just so much for a rational loving parent to add. More than likely this is a trauma response at this age.

I think we need to be very careful in interpreting the phrase "inappropriate touching" since that came from a member of a religous cult. We have no idea what this cult deems as "inappropriate". Consider that there are very conservative, religious groups who only side hug members of the opposite sex, don't hold hands until engagement, and never share a kiss until after their marriage ceremony. It's my opinion that most people would not consider doing those things outside of engagement or marriage as inappropriate. In this situation, it could be as simple as Bryson smiling at a teenage girl or it could be something more serious. We have no idea what the behavior was that the father referred to as inappropriate.

LOGANSPORT, Ind. — A lawyer for former Indianapolis Colts player Daniel Muir says he is being illegally held in the Cass County Jail.
In a filing on July 8, Muir's lawyer said denying him bail was "unconstitutional under both state and federal law." He is calling on the judge to set a hearing to set bail and allow for Daniel's release.

I don't see that charges have been filed in this case yet. I see a Petition for a Writ of Habeas Corpus was filed today by his attorney:

IN RE: PETITION FOR WRIT OF HABEAS CORPUS​

Case Number09D02-2407-MI-000060
CourtCass Superior Court 2
TypeMI - Miscellaneous Civil
Filed07/08/2024
Status07/08/2024 , Pending (active)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics