IN - Couple charged after wife's father left to die on couch in his own waste - Aug. 19, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Frederick, 60, and Carmen Groves, 49, are charged with neglecting a dependent causing death following the discovery of Carmen's deceased 73-year-old father, Kenneth Rickenbaugh.
[snip]
Online jail and court records indicate that in addition to neglecting a dependent, Frederick and Carmen are charged with altering the scene of death and failure to report human remains, while Frederick is also charged with exploitation of a dependent or endangered adult.

Both were booked into jail on Aug. 16.
Indiana Woman and Husband Charged with Neglect in Death of Her Father Who Was Allegedly 'Sunken' Into Couch

Public court records named the couple, who are still being held at the Vanderburgh County jail on $100,000 bonds as of Monday, as 60-year-old Frederick Groves and 49-year-old Carmen J. Groves, Rickenbaugh's daughter. Both were arrested Friday shortly after a Vanderburgh County judge signed a pair of warrants.
[snip]
When first responders arrived at the Groves' residence, Rickenbaugh was "beyond help" and "emaciated," Hackworth recalled. Lifesaving measures were not attempted.
[snip]
During an interview, Frederick Groves reportedly told Hackworth that his father-in-law had been bedridden for at least one month with little to no care from either himself or his wife, according to Hackworth.

"I asked Frederick who helps Rickenbaugh use the restroom, and he said he assumes Rickenbaugh just defecated and urinates on himself while lying on the couch," Hackworth wrote, adding that Frederick said Rickenbaugh could often be heard saying, "Help, help."
Daughter, son-in-law charged in Evansville man's death

In addition to neglecting as he lay dying in his own waste, they financially exploited him and used his social security income for themselves. They both face hearings on September 30th.

Wow. What a sad story. Sounds like she either had a deep hatred for her father or there was some kind of mental illness or substance abuse going on. I can't imagine just letting someone waste away like that! Your own parent!

Wow. What a sad story. Sounds like she either had a deep hatred for her father or there was some kind of mental illness or substance abuse going on. I can't imagine just letting someone waste away like that! Your own parent!
It's definitely not normal behavior for sure. I think some of the motivation was probably financial. The other was I suspect sheer laziness. She was getting his money, but couldn't be bothered to even keep him alive in order to keep stealing it from him.

Wonder if he had life insurance.

Frederick, 60, and Carmen Groves, 49, are charged with neglecting a dependent causing death following the discovery of Carmen's deceased 73-year-old father, Kenneth Rickenbaugh.
[snip]
Online jail and court records indicate that in addition to neglecting a dependent, Frederick and Carmen are charged with altering the scene of death and failure to report human remains, while Frederick is also charged with exploitation of a dependent or endangered adult.

Both were booked into jail on Aug. 16.
Indiana Woman and Husband Charged with Neglect in Death of Her Father Who Was Allegedly 'Sunken' Into Couch

Public court records named the couple, who are still being held at the Vanderburgh County jail on $100,000 bonds as of Monday, as 60-year-old Frederick Groves and 49-year-old Carmen J. Groves, Rickenbaugh's daughter. Both were arrested Friday shortly after a Vanderburgh County judge signed a pair of warrants.
[snip]
When first responders arrived at the Groves' residence, Rickenbaugh was "beyond help" and "emaciated," Hackworth recalled. Lifesaving measures were not attempted.
[snip]
During an interview, Frederick Groves reportedly told Hackworth that his father-in-law had been bedridden for at least one month with little to no care from either himself or his wife, according to Hackworth.

"I asked Frederick who helps Rickenbaugh use the restroom, and he said he assumes Rickenbaugh just defecated and urinates on himself while lying on the couch," Hackworth wrote, adding that Frederick said Rickenbaugh could often be heard saying, "Help, help."
Daughter, son-in-law charged in Evansville man's death

In addition to neglecting as he lay dying in his own waste, they financially exploited him and used his social security income for themselves. They both face hearings on September 30th.

omg it's taking everything in me to not post profanity

how can you ignore someone asking for help? your own father ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth
Back