IN - Couple charged with abandonment of adopted child after legally changing her age, Sept 2019 #2 *not guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That’s going to be a hard motion to win. If they’re not Lawyers anything he says to them about the case is fair game.
"Kinnard argued in a motion to quash that Herd Strategies is working with him on this case. Hence, Herd Strategies is covered under the attorney/client privilege, which means any communication Herd Strategies had with Kinnard or Michael Barnett is confidential, according to Kinnard's filing."

Hearing to determine if new neglect charges will be allowed in Barnetts' cases

Does anyone know when exactly Jacob was offered his place at Perimeter Institute? From what I can tell Canada would automatically reject a disabled person's application for a visa/residence back then. People would be refused resident status for having a child with epilepsy or down syndrome(!) The policy only changed last year: After 40 years, federal government ending barriers to disabled immigrants

I'm pretty sure it was a huge factor in all this but if he was offered the place before they started the re-aging petition I think that would be even more damning.

Does anyone know when exactly Jacob was offered his place at Perimeter Institute? From what I can tell Canada would automatically reject a disabled person's application for a visa/residence back then. People would be refused resident status for having a child with epilepsy or down syndrome(!) The policy only changed last year: After 40 years, federal government ending barriers to disabled immigrants

I'm pretty sure it was a huge factor in all this but if he was offered the place before they started the re-aging petition I think that would be even more damning.

I found a few posts from Kristine dated June 2013 regarding Jacob being accepted to the Perimeter Institute. Looks like the family was in Canada in May 2013 as part of the book tour/book signing and they took Jacob to that institute to check things out.

Jacob Barnett
Kristine Barnett on Twitter
College in Canada is next step for Westfield boy genius Jacob Barnett, family

According to his FB post (at time managed by KB) he was accepted June 24,2013. Which would mean that there was some lag between visit/application /acceptance.
Also of note: may 30, 2013 post

Last edited:
Perimeter Welcomes Exceptional Young Talent - Inside The Perimeter

This says they spent months touring universities in North America and abroad but doesn't say when exactly this took place. He had his heart set on Cambridge until he walked into Perimeter. I'm wondering when they first considered Perimeter (or any other non-US school) and actually applied for a spot. I just can't imagine this wasn't a huge factor in pushing Kristine towards this re-aging/deserting scheme. I think it was something she'd considered trying for a while hence all those age determinations she was collecting but I think ideally she would have wanted to gather more evidence than that and done it when Natalia was a bit older. She was lucky that judge was so damn lazy because the evidence they gave was flimsy at best and seems like it was rushed.

According to this archived page Jacob was told he could drop the autism label back in 2008 when he was 10 but he continued to use it because it had become an important part of his identity. I find it odd for so many reasons. Not for Jacob's decision, that's somewhat understandable, but for a psychologist to say someone is "recovered" from autism when it would really mean they'd been misdiagnosed and for Kristine to continue to refer to him as autistic and present herself to the world as the parent of an autistic child.

Attachments

• 8F2EC2C1-115E-48EF-A766-123BA347FB7A.jpeg
    8F2EC2C1-115E-48EF-A766-123BA347FB7A.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 31
So not just the FB account the Indy Star also states they visited Perimeter in the summer of 2013 while book signing tour through North America

College in Canada is next step for Westfield boy genius Jacob Barnett, family
INDYSTAR.COM | 10:21 pm EDT September 18, 2013
She said Jacob visited universities this summer as the family traveled abroad and in North America to promote the book...

After a book signing in Toronto, Barnett said, Jacob made his usual plea “to find some physics.” They soon were at Perimeter Institute, where Jacob’s choice became clear as they strolled through the campus. “He said it ‘felt like home,’” she recalled.”

Natalia's type of dwarfism comes with scoliosis. It's plainly obvious her scoliosis has gotten much worse from her photos as a young child, when she just arrived to US, to where she is now. I don't think she ever gotten the surgery to fix her scoliosis. Seems like there were a lot of things she was deprived of by being ruled an adult. Hard to believe the court ruled she is an adult based on flimsy claims and then refused to fix it.

I’m not sure how the laws work or the court system in the US, but will a judgment against the Barnett’s open the door for N to have her true age be placed back on her birth certificate?
Seems like to get her true age back she would have to get a ruling reversed in the original court, and that's already been tried and refused. So I have no clue how she would get her age back legally.

Seems like to get her true age back she would have to get a ruling reversed in the original court, and that's already been tried and refused. So I have no clue how she would get her age back legally.
Anyone know who the judge/s are that made theses rulings???????? Sorry I don't recall it being mentioned before.

Natalia's type of dwarfism comes with scoliosis. It's plainly obvious her scoliosis has gotten much worse from her photos as a young child, when she just arrived to US, to where she is now. I don't think she ever gotten the surgery to fix her scoliosis. Seems like there were a lot of things she was deprived of by being ruled an adult. Hard to believe the court ruled she is an adult based on flimsy claims and then refused to fix it.

Don’t get me wrong; I think it is absolutely terrible this child did not get her surgeries. But, it’s not just the Barnetts to blame. Remember, they adopted her in the US from another family who adopted her from the Ukraine. That other family should be held responsible for lack of medical care as well. JMO

So they Dr shopped until Michael's Dr. Decided to ignore all the previous exams showing Natalia to be much younger. The courts also clearly ignored all the other evidence of Natalia being much younger, went with a 'Doctor' who clearly isn't even Natalia's 'Doctor'. Listened only to saint Kristine,and Michael's version. To make their ruling.
Those rulings should be rendered Null,and Void.
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back