In Defense of Mary Lacy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I,m extremely puzzled why this woman is being subjected to such vitriol, from some of you...
A man was insinuating in emails that he had, at most, killed a child, or at least, had inside knowledge of the crime...he then went on worldwide TV & made a "confession"....
Was the DA to say "He`s a nutter, lets just ignore him".....???????????

Rightttttttttttttttttttttttt!

It just seems that if the powers that be, dont go along with the theories, you believe....you are yelling "lop off their heads".......
Alice in Wonderland is just fiction, people...we are dealing with REAL life here...the woman was DOING her job!

she was asked this very question a minute ago...

she's claiming that the DA's office went the cheapest route, as to not cost the taxpayers a lot of money....

Dr. Doogie said:
That fire alarm that went off during the press conference was for Lacy's career going down in flames.

yeah, i thought that was kind of odd...she's GOT to be nervous, & then the alarm... :cool:

i'm almost embarrassed for her...ugh

>I,m extremely puzzled why this woman is being subjected to such vitriol,

I am too. If I were the DA I would have brought him in for questioning as well. I may have handled the press a bit differently.

I find it interesting that the real cause of this massive waste of taxpayer's money, Karr, isn't getting the complete and total blame for this. For it is HIS fault and his alone that this fraud was perpetrated on the public.

The anticipated circus had it's tent folded and the show won't go on. Someone must pay and Lacy is a better target than Karr. She has a job that they can call for her to resign from. She can be villified and have her career and reputation ruined to satisfy the lust for a scapegoat. Karr has nothing.

Well, at least for once it wasn't Bush's fault LOL!

celia said:
I,m extremely puzzled why this woman is being subjected to such vitriol, from some of you...
A man was insinuating in emails that he had, at most, killed a child, or at least, had inside knowledge of the crime...
That is the crux of the vitriol - she took the word of a media studies academic with a track record of fingering suspects and jumped at a chance of publicity - somebody tipped off the media. To compound that stupidity, she seems to know next to nothing about the case details - it's unprofessional.
celia said:
he then went on worldwide TV & made a "confession"....
Was the DA to say "He`s a nutter, lets just ignore him".....???????????
Again, why exactly was he part of the media circus? Because somebody inside blurted it all out. That's why the media was there. As for his 'confession' he said he was with her and he wasn't innocent - it was immediately apparent that he was playing games and certainly wasn't all there. A bit more investigation before spending huge amounts of money might be expected by the tax paying public of Boulder....

celia said:
It just seems that if the powers that be, dont go along with the theories, you believe....you are yelling "lop off their heads".......
Alice in Wonderland is just fiction, people...we are dealing with REAL life here...the woman was DOING her job!
No, she was FAILING to do her job. How long as she had to get up to speed on the details of this case?After all, it's only THE most significant one on her files... Yet she fell for the spin from Tracey (a man to whom FACT is a four letter word) because she did not have an adequate grasp of the case. To be told that she had dna that did not match and STILL went through all this is just sickening.

Meanwhile, money is made by the mercenary and a dead child still waits for justice. Frankly, I don't understand the people who are so willing to give her stupidity a pass.

Dr. Doogie said:
That fire alarm that went off during the press conference was for Lacy's career going down in flames.

Burn Baby Burn

Enola said:
That is the crux of the vitriol - she took the word of a media studies academic with a track record of fingering suspects and jumped at a chance of publicity - somebody tipped off the media. To compound that stupidity, she seems to know next to nothing about the case details - it's unprofessional.
Again, why exactly was he part of the media circus? Because somebody inside blurted it all out. That's why the media was there. As for his 'confession' he said he was with her and he wasn't innocent - it was immediately apparent that he was playing games and certainly wasn't all there. A bit more investigation before spending huge amounts of money might be expected by the tax paying public of Boulder....

No, she was FAILING to do her job. How long as she had to get up to speed on the details of this case?After all, it's only THE most significant one on her files... Yet she fell for the spin from Tracey (a man to whom FACT is a four letter word) because she did not have an adequate grasp of the case. To be told that she had dna that did not match and STILL went through all this is just sickening.

Meanwhile, money is made by the mercenary and a dead child still waits for justice. Frankly, I don't understand the people who are so willing to give her stupidity a pass.

glad someone responded to this...i started 3 diff posts in response, but just gave up on what words to use....you did perfect!!

What did this woman do that was so wrong? A lot of the vilification of her is because the source of the emails was Tracey. If they had come from someone else, then everything would be ok and a lot of people would be thanking the DA for following up on the lead. The vilifying of Mary Lacy is because of one person...Michael Tracey. Yes, he's a but a broken clock is right atleast twice a day.

If you want to discuss botched police investigations, please PM me and I will tell you all about the murder of one of my closest relatives. Seriously, the crime scene was so botched that when we went out there two weeks later, pieces of her burnt skin and hair were still lying on the ground. Talk about crime scene cleanup. I just have a unique perspective on this that I hope no one will ever have to suffer thru. Even bad press for a case is still press. I've seen the killer of my relative out on the street and everytime her name is mentioned in the paper...he gets nervous...even 15+ years later.

This isn't that bad for the investigation...if she had charged him, it probably would have been the death nail. This is no different than bringing in a suspect for questioning. The reason it garnered so much attention was because it involved child *advertiser censored*, extradiction, and a nutcase. From the beginning, the BDA was saying let us investigate...let us find out the truth. They didn't go out proclaiming to have captured Al Capone or something. No one ever officially said, we've captured the killer of JBR.

The problem with Mary Lacy is that she isn't good with public relations. She's not an eloquent speaker or bullsh*tter. But, Nine times out of Ten when you're dealing with people like that...they KNOW their jobs and they're damn good at them too. Being in law school, i just hear things about her from professors who know her or who have worked with her and all have said she has a brilliant legal mind. And, yes, this case has been discussed to the nth degree to the point that its repetitive.

Sherlockmom said:
...If I were the DA I would have brought him in for questioning as well...
I will admit that I would have definitely wanted to talk to him. It would not have drawn as much attention or scrutiny if he wasn't half way around the world when he was taken into custody (which raised both the profile and the cost this questioning).

That being said, when I first heard his press conference in Bangcock where he claimed to have "been with JonBenet when she died", yet answered "no comment" to every question that would have required specifics, every alarm went off in my head. I state that to not show how smart I am, but to show that even a lay-person like myself can spot what a fraud JMK is (and can do it without all of the expense and circus that this event has generated). A very small bit of discernment would have made this nothing more than a 24 hour story that quickly faded from the news cycle.

FactorFiction said:
What did this woman do that was so wrong? A lot of the vilification of her is because the source of the emails was Tracey. If they had come from someone else, then everything would be ok and a lot of people would be thanking the DA for following up on the lead.
No, if the same emails came from another source and she still made the same assumptions because she did not have a full grasp of the case, then I would still consider her behaviour to be stupid and unprofessional. She lacks a grasp of the case!

The fact that it WAS Tracey (a man who was selling a documentary about a totally different 'prime suspect' while emailing Karr) is just the stupid cherry on the stupidity-flavoured icing on the stupid cake.

FactorFiction said:
What did this woman do that was so wrong? A lot of the vilification of her is because the source of the emails was Tracey.

I am sorry you have had such a bad personal experience. No doubt that would color your perception of things and is completely understandable.

Yes, the police did botch the crime scene investigation. However, that problem was only further compounded by the actions of the DA's office. Are you aware that they have been in bed with the Defense attorneys since day 1? Are you aware that police could not even get simple search warrants and subpeonas for such things as telephone and credit card records? Denied by DA (Let us ask the Ramseys to turn those over.) Do you realize that Lacy had already shown her prejudice in this case before she ever became the DA?

Sometimes I wonder if people are just ignorant of the truth in this case or actually a part of the problem. If you have an agenda, it will be found out here. Welcome to Websleuths ;)

Lacy deserves everything she gets. I will frankly be surprised if she is held responsible, but it would be a pleasant change in a City where Justice seems to take a back seat to Politics.

Enola said:

Well said, Enola. Very well said. :blowkiss:

Don't forget the BIG positive outcome: John Karr's family knows he's alive now.

Group hug!

:sick:

I think that if any person was being looked at by LE for any information they could provide for any crime, and it was discovered they had an outstanding warrant, that once that person was located and the warrant came to light, he was getting a trip back home. That is part of LE's job as well, even if it was unrelated to why they were looking at JMK.

Yeah....I am sure that his poor kids are thrilled.

My opinion is that Mary Lacy did the right thing. I can understand why she did what she did and I actually think she did a good thing for society as well. I dont understand the vitriol myself. I think I may send her an email and tell her so. She took a dangerous creep off the street if nothing else. Also, if I had been in her shoes I would have arrested him also. She did the right thing. There is no doubt about it and after listening to the news conference I am even more convinced of it. I actually think Tracey did an admirable thing also trying to get the scoop on the creep. I don't know what his motives were but he did a good thing. I would have been sick just listening and corresponding with such a inhuman piece of junk. At least this creep will be watched til his dying day.

Lacy didn't even do a basic investigation. They have admitted they knew about Karr for months because Patsy Ramsey knew about him before she died. Yet Lacy still hadn't interviewed family members about his whereabouts. The first thing you would check is whether he had a ready alibi or not.

"I'm shocked at what an idiot this woman appears to be - does she have ANY grasp of this case?"

To hear Michael Kane tell it, she doesn't even read her own file!

Enola said:
I'm shocked at what an idiot this woman appears to be - does she have ANY grasp of this case?

None at all whatsoever to just grasp, she doesn't even has the decency to resign immediately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice
Back