In Defense (Sort of) of The Grandparents

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have enormous sympathy for the grandparents (and Lee).... I think all the tragic mistakes they made (and continue to make) are made out of love.

Looking back it's easy to see what they should have done along the way but none of us change the past.

I wish with all my heart that someone would step forward to help this family come to grips with this horrible nightmare.... I think after so many years of living with Casey's lies & abnormal behavior, they've become NUMB to most of it & so much just doesn't even affect them anymore they hardly realize how dysfunctional the whole family has become trying to cope with her.

Until they're ready to admit the truth to themselves, Casey will feel that her LIES are accomplishing something.... if only to feed her own sickness.

I can't say I think they DESERVE what they got but if they refuse to change the way THEY deal with reality, they certainly are in no position to help their daughter OR to heal their family.

Sad. A whole family devastated.

I'm sorry, no sympathy here for the grandparents. If they would have put a stop to her crap YEARS ago none of this wouldn't have happened. They enabled her. I feel they are partly to blame for this tragedy.

I see a family that has been twisted by raising, and loving, a sociopathic child :(

They are making poor choices that are furthering the problems caused, by no fault of their own, and it just gets so convoluted.

They are still completely responsible for their dishonesty and bizarre statements. They are making pathetic attempts to keep the crumbling false front up. They are doing it habitually, they refuse to learn another way. Who knows how "familial" this sociopathy is? How many generations of this family are affected, and how many of these sociopathic types this family has produced?

I agree they need to "come to grips" but they have to WANT TO.

They do not demonstrate any desire to deal with reality, and until they do, they dig deeper and deeper. It's really sad to see where they are headed. All to protect a monstrous child, and it's not even really their fault she's the way she is.

I actually do see what you mean. I don't have any love for these people and do think they could have helped or could be helping more by doing something differently. I am not exactly sure what though. Just because Casey may be a psycho doesn't mean it is their fault. It's not a serial killer's PARENT at fault for the sick and awful things they do. I think you are right. I think they feel somewhat guilty for things they may or may not have done that could have caused her to turn out that way. I think they feel the only "right" thing to do would be stand by her and HOPE against hope that what they KNOW deep down is not true. I have NO idea what they will do if Caylee's body is found and it can be determined that Casey did it. No idea.
You know how in "Sybill" the abusive sick mom causes sybill to develop alternate personalities as the only way to deal with the sick reality of her life with her mom? I think Casey's family is doing something akin to that. They are developing personalities that can believe her, because it's WAY harder to understand that someone you raised, took care of, and love, could kill (or let die) that sweet, innocent perfect child and carry around her corpse (I almost couldn't write that) in her car. And dispose of her like a piece of trash. They hoped against hope that she would miraculously return on her birthday. I did too, for a second or two I thought wow, just maybe a miracle will happen and this nightmare will be over. Think about how these people feel. They hope and pray to God that they can blame SOMEBODY, anybody, for this. You, me, Padilla, the press, Tony, Amy, whoever. Because the reality is way too horrible. I think hate is wasted on them. Because they are 'et up with it. They are hating their very lives and existence so much that I wouldn't be surprised if anything happened. Think about it... why hate them so much? No misleading thing they could do amounts to anything real considering what really happened here. Those people are living in HELL with that crazy woman and I feel like they deserve our prayers and our utmost pity. As mean and spiteful as they might be, they don't deserve what happened to them. They didn't kill the most precious thing in their lives. They had to smell what became of her. They had to see her dolly and pack left in the car. The things that must run through their minds are worse than our worst nightmares could bring. It's seriously enough to make you nuts. And certainly enough to make you turn the hose on a reporter or make ridiculous statements. It is just really sad.
I seriously doubt that they have done anything that is seriously affecting the case. I think they just don't know WHAT to do, what is right, or what might turn back time and make things OK again. And none of us would know either, because there IS nothing they can do. They may be big A-holes but nobody deserves this.

I actually do see what you mean. I don't have any love for these people and do think they could have helped or could be helping more by doing something differently. I am not exactly sure what though. Just because Casey may be a psycho doesn't mean it is their fault. It's not a serial killer's PARENT at fault for the sick and awful things they do. I think you are right. I think they feel somewhat guilty for things they may or may not have done that could have caused her to turn out that way. I think they feel the only "right" thing to do would be stand by her and HOPE against hope that what they KNOW deep down is not true. I have NO idea what they will do if Caylee's body is found and it can be determined that Casey did it. No idea.
You know how in "Sybill" the abusive sick mom causes sybill to develop alternate personalities as the only way to deal with the sick reality of her life with her mom? I think Casey's family is doing something akin to that. They are developing personalities that can believe her, because it's WAY harder to understand that someone you raised, took care of, and love, could kill (or let die) that sweet, innocent perfect child and carry around her corpse (I almost couldn't write that) in her car. And dispose of her like a piece of trash. They hoped against hope that she would miraculously return on her birthday. I did too, for a second or two I thought wow, just maybe a miracle will happen and this nightmare will be over. Think about how these people feel. They hope and pray to God that they can blame SOMEBODY, anybody, for this. You, me, Padilla, the press, Tony, Amy, whoever. Because the reality is way too horrible. I think hate is wasted on them. Because they are 'et up with it. They are hating their very lives and existence so much that I wouldn't be surprised if anything happened. Think about it... why hate them so much? No misleading thing they could do amounts to anything real considering what really happened here. Those people are living in HELL with that crazy woman and I feel like they deserve our prayers and our utmost pity. As mean and spiteful as they might be, they don't deserve what happened to them. They didn't kill the most precious thing in their lives. They had to smell what became of her. They had to see her dolly and pack left in the car. The things that must run through their minds are worse than our worst nightmares could bring. It's seriously enough to make you nuts. And certainly enough to make you turn the hose on a reporter or make ridiculous statements. It is just really sad.
I seriously doubt that they have done anything that is seriously affecting the case. I think they just don't know WHAT to do, what is right, or what might turn back time and make things OK again. And none of us would know either, because there IS nothing they can do. They may be big A-holes but nobody deserves this.

Great post!! I think that Casey is a sociopath and her family have been dealing with it for years. According to what I've read no medical or psychological treatment can effectively treat personality disorders. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Afrench
Back