IN IN - Delano Wilson, 1 mo., Indianapolis, 27 Aug 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://fox59.com/2014/08/30/vigil-held-for-missing-indianapolis-infant/

Vigil held for missing Indianapolis infant

The family of a missing one-month-old baby is keeping hope alive that he will be found.

The Amber Alert issued for Delano Wilson on Wednesday has been cancelled, and police aren’t doing any active searches, but that doesn’t mean they’ve given up, and neither has the family.

A vigil was held, Saturday, in the front yard of Delano Wilson’s house. It’s where his parents are standing by the fact that they don’t know who, they say, took their baby boy Wednesday. It’s also where they are sticking together and comforting each other.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/police-drain-tank-find-no-sign-of-missing-baby

The family of a missing infant says they plan to organize their own search effort after police searches drew to a close Saturday.

Sgt. Kendale Adams said Saturday that additional searches will only be conducted for missing 6-week-old Delano Wilson if there's a significant tip or development in the case.

Snipped and BBM

What?!? LE stopped looking? I don't understand this.

ETA: Okay, does it mean they aren't searching as in walking through the woods looking for a baby, but they still are investigating, interviewing, gathering info etc.? This case is heartbreaking.

I can't find where someone asked, but the population of this zip code is primary white, with hispanic being next, and then black, and so on.

HERE is the city data page.

I can't find where someone asked, but the population of this zip code is primary white, with hispanic being next, and then black, and so on.

HERE is the city data page.

Someone else posted up thread that the area was 74% black... Which is correct???

ETA: I was confusing this thread with little Bryeon's thread that I just started reading because he was mentioned here. My mistake completely!!

Whaaa? I used the zip code 46221. Is that not the right area? I'm off to double check myself. Apologies in advance if I'm incorrect!
Someone else posted up thread that the area was 74% black... Which is correct???

Whaaa? I used the zip code 46221. Is that not the right area? I'm off to double check myself. Apologies in advance if I'm incorrect!

Another source stating the majority is white, 89%. Hispanic 7.8, black 3.8.

And a third source HERE.

I just went back to look and I can't find the post I thought I saw. Either I'm going nuts, or it was deleted. I thought someone said the city was mostly black, it was said after someone stated the white and Hispanic couple were seen pan handling somewhere (a comment on Facebook). Clearly it was a mistake. I edited first post. :)

ETA: I was confusing this thread with little Bryeon's thread that I just started reading because he was mentioned here. My mistake completely!!

No worries, I just wanted be be sure I was posting accurate information. :)
I just went back to look and I can't find the post I thought I saw. Either I'm going nuts, or it was deleted. I thought someone said the city was mostly black, it was said after someone stated the white and Hispanic couple were seen pan handling somewhere (a comment on Facebook). Clearly it was a mistake. I edited first post. :)

“We’re just trying to find him and then we can cry tears of joy later,” she said.
Sunday’s search will begin at Oliver and Harding Streets at noon and will include Interstate 70.
The boys father, Willie Wilson, says he was pistol whipped while walking with the boy Wednesday around noon. He says when he came to, the boy was gone.
On Saturday afternoon, the Ten Point Coalition and Young Men Inc. held a vigil on the Wilson family’s lawn, praying with the boy’s parents.
“We can’t get any sleep, we can’t be without our son. This is a nightmare we just want our son back if anybody knows anything, please,” said Wilson.
Since Delano went missing, hundreds of volunteers have helped look for him. Volunteers have also been handing out fliers.
“Walking, looking for anything, anything to help bring that child back to his family,” said Allen Pugh who lives in the neighborhood.

http://wishtv.com/2014/08/30/missing-babys-family-begins-new-search/

"Father, there's a young child. Father, there's a one month old child that is missing," prayed Reverend Malachi Walker with the Young Men Incorporated Youth Ministry.
"That child is out there and somebody knows where this child is," said Reverend Walker to the crowd that gathered outside the home of the baby's parents.
"We can't get any sleep. This is a nightmare. We just want our son back,' said Wilson.
Police issued an Amber Alert Wednesday night and spent the next three days searching the White River and woods near the spot where Wilson said the baby was taken.
The alert was cancelled Friday night and the search scaled back.
"We're pretty much on our own, but we have God with us, so we're walking by faith," said family friend Lethrice Hamilton who was heading up the effort to pass out flyers with the baby's picture on them.
"We need all the help that we can get. We want him back and we want him back badly," she added.
That's a plea Delano's family continues to make.
"If anybody know anything, please. Please. Bring him to us. Bring him to us," said Wilson.
Investigators have said the tips about the case have dwindled with each day.

http://www.wthr.com/story/26413360/2014/08/30/family-holds-prayer-vigil-for-missing-infant

Investigators said, so far, there have been no tips coming in about the blue Ford Taurus the baby's father told them took off, with a woman inside the car holding his child.
"Do you believe what they're telling you?" asked Eyewitness News reporter Emily Longnecker of the couple's story about their missing infant.
"I can tell you that we will investigate the claims because a child is involved. Do we have some concerns? Certainly," said Adams.
Concerns that grow with each minute baby Delano isn't found safe.

http://www.wthr.com/story/26399850/...erns-about-couples-story-about-missing-infant

*snipped by me*
Wilson told police he was carrying the baby just west of downtown Indianapolis about noon Wednesday when he was approached by the man and woman. He said the man pointed a gun at him and hit him in the head with the weapon, causing him to briefly lose consciousness. When he awoke, he said he saw the woman carrying the baby to the car, according to police.

Adams said Wilson had no visible signs of injury.

BBM

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/police-drain-tank-find-no-sign-of-missing-baby

I would think being hit by a pistol would leave pretty visible injuries. Blood, broken nose, i.e
His not appearing injured is making me very nervous. Jmo

*snipped by me*
Wilson told police he was carrying the baby just west of downtown Indianapolis about noon Wednesday when he was approached by the man and woman. He said the man pointed a gun at him and hit him in the head with the weapon, causing him to briefly lose consciousness. When he awoke, he said he saw the woman carrying the baby to the car, according to police.

BBM

That doesn't look good.

That's what he says... No one has come forward to say they actually saw him at all during that hour. If he was on the phone before his 911 call, I'm sure LE knows about it and is looking into it. I just think if he was walking around that residential area for an hour holding a newborn baby, someone would have seen him and come forward to say so.

If the dad was on the phone talking . I would think the person on the other end would have heard something. At any rate the dads phone would help the police with getting a better timeline. I would think.

Real quick:

View attachment 57886

#1 mom & dad's residence
#2 alley WW reports the crime took place in
#3 Harding Street Pub & Grub bar where video cams yielded *nothing* from the time frame as reported.

Nice map! Thanks. Do you know where Dan Segner's auto repair shop is located on your map? He's the man who said that he was watching things from his shop door. Neither he nor his watch dog could support the abduction account.

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...hird-day-of-search-for-missing-baby/14826701/

*snipped by me*

BBM

BBM

' when he awoke he saw the woman carrying the baby to the car?' How long was her walk to the car? Because the timing of that just seems off.

If I was grabbing an infant from his father, I would be moving warp speed, to get away from him, and into the escape vehicle. It is hard to understand how he can briefly lose consciousness, yet still awaken in time to see her STILL WALKING TO THE GETAWAY CAR. :waitasec:

At the time of the alleged kidnapping, when Wilson was taking the baby for a walk, it was 31C (87F).

Baby was wearing a onesie, which I understand is a short-sleeved t-shirt with snaps. There is no mention of a hat or any protection from the sun. Do people take their babies for walks at high noon on hot days?

http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/indianapolis/historic

At the time of the alleged kidnapping, when Wilson was taking the baby for a walk, it was 31C (87F).

Baby was wearing a onesie, which I understand is a short-sleeved t-shirt with snaps. There is no mention of a hat or any protection from the sun. Do people take their babies for walks at high noon on hot days?

http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa/indianapolis/historic

Didn't he say they were out walking for an hour? That seems like way too long for a child that young to be carried around in the sun, with no umbrella, or sun hat at the very least. In a stroller, it could make sense.

In regards to the loss of 'consciousness', my first thought when I heard the 911 call was shock more so than injury.

Many people have experienced at least once in their life a moment where as the old folks would say you have a little spell. My mother always called it a light faint.

When my son who was 8 spent the weekend with his father's parents, my ex-MIL called me to meet them and the ambulance at the ER. I heard ambulance and I went out of it, BUT I came back to about the same time I hit the floor.

In my case it was shock/panic combo.

As brief seconds as it is some people call it losing consciousness, which in a sense it is, but our minds are programmed to think of being unconscious lasting much longer.

I still say dad was distracted during the 911 call. The others around talking to him may have been responsible for a lot or maybe all of it, who knows.

As I said before I am not even going to try to speculate much on this one, as I know I will not be able to keep my cynical self out of trouble.

But I did want to add this possible scenario since so many are questioning the loss of consciousness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC