IN - Delano Wilson, 1 mo., Indianapolis, 27 Aug 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think TP's mom is involved I just think she's probably had her hands full helping her kids. RP lives at home and she drives him to work, WW and TP live there with Delano and according to them WW was trying to get custody of his daughter. She probably has a full time job as well. I can't imagine how she must've felt after reading the probable cause statement.

I don't think TP's mom is involved I just think she's probably had her hands full helping her kids. RP lives at home and she drives him to work, WW and TP live there with Delano and according to them WW was trying to get custody of his daughter. She probably has a full time job as well. I can't imagine how she must've felt after reading the probable cause statement.

I just watched this http://www.wthr.com/story/27979022/grandmother-of-missing-baby-delano-wilson-demands-answers (I hadn't watched before, just read the articles) and my gut says, she's 100% legit. She's also 100% correct when she says "somebody knows something, somebody in my neighborhood". IF she's even read the PC statement yet (she may not be able to just yet), then she knows exactly who has those answers.

She said she went to sleep around midnight.

I find it hard to believe she didn't hear any arguing at 3 am. She said she got up to use the bathroom, she said TP and WW argue and get loud frequently. She said she could hear her neighbors through the wall when they have arguments.

I don't think she was involved though - all those extra statements sound like it made her nervous to deny the 3 am arguing but I think she's just trying to protect TP. That's what I think - for now.

Also, I spent an hour watching early videos of the parents, trying to spot the sister. No luck but wow, just wow!

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-1-month-old

First video is a about 9 minutes. It includes scenes from some of the searches, pleas and crying from both parents. Next up is the 911 call - the whole thing, 7 long minutes. Then comes two videos of mom's "emotional pleas." Gak.

The fifth video includes a woman labeled LJ "Delano Wilson's aunt" (around 1:27) but recent reports name her as his cousin, not his aunt. The poor woman is heartbreaking in the video. :( She said something interesting though. As she was pleading with "whoever" took the baby she says "... we love the baby so much, just give him time to bond with mom and dad." Probably doesn't mean anything but it did make me wonder if WW and TP were having trouble adjusting to a new baby.

If the baby did have a bad case of colic, then they may have had a hard time bonding with him. It can be really frustrating. I remember when my son was a newborn, and the couple next door also had a baby just a month or two older than ours. The husband used to come over sometimes to have a beer with my DH and watch football. A few times he mentioned , very animatedly, how PEACEFUL it was at our house. And he was very sad and frustrated that his son had colic and could not just calmly enjoy things. The dad felt like a failure as a parent because he kid cried inconsolably every single night. :cry:

* Not trying to defend WW in any way. Just trying to understand the aunt's statement about lack of bonding.

IF little Delano did have his tummy felt by Mom, then she either suspected he hadn't been fed or something. I don't ever remember feeling my babies tummies to see if they were full?!?! IMO, more likely, the tummy was swollen from internal injuries, and since Delano wasn't acting normal, she was checking to see if she felt any injuries. Internal bleeding can cause a firm abdomen, damage to liver can cause a firm abdomen, an intestinal blockage (though I don't think this applies in this case ) and death can cause bloating resulting in a firm abdomen.

Colic doesn't usually develop in newborns though does it? I was thinking around 6 weeks or older. Maybe I'm wrong.

Colic doesn't usually develop in newborns though does it? I was thinking around 6 weeks or older. Maybe I'm wrong.

Some infants are just angry from the moment they're born, lol. Could be gas, reflux, whatever....colic seems to be the catchall word for "screaming baby syndrome ".

If he passed at 3 am and she felt him around 10 there is no way she thought he was still alive. My son passed away last year around 6 am and I held him until about 10 am. Rigor was starting to set in. That was 4 hours compared to 7 with Delano. There just is no mistaking a deceased touch.

If he passed at 3 am and she felt him around 10 there is no way she thought he was still alive. My son passed away last year around 6 am and I held him until about 10 am. Rigor was starting to set in. That was 4 hours compared to 7 with Delano. There just is no mistaking a deceased touch.

So sorry for your loss latenighter :grouphug:

I don't think her story of feeling his stomach at 10 is true. I had another thought as to why she might've felt his stomach though. If she felt under his nose and then his stomach, she was probably trying to feel if he was still breathing. His stomach would rise and fall when he breathed.

That's what I thought too until my youngest had it at 2 weeks. It lasted day and night for 3 weeks. My 2 year old went from calling him "my bubby" to "that baby" ;)

I'm so sorry for your loss latenighter, hugs to you and thank you for sharing your painful experience.

((((((((latenighter)))))))

Thank you for sharing your personal experience of the loss of your son :rose:

This case must hurt you more than words. Your input is appreciated. Please accept my condolences.

:hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sorry for your loss latenighter :grouphug:

I don't think her story of feeling his stomach at 10 is true. I had another thought as to why she might've felt his stomach though. If she felt under his nose and then his stomach, she was probably trying to feel if he was still breathing. His stomach would rise and fall when he breathed.

She may have felt his tummy to see if it was warm. I always did that to my daughter. If she was sick and had a fever, her forehead might not be warm to the touch but her tummy always was. She's 30 now and just a couple of weeks ago she walked in and said, "Do I have a fever? Feel my stomach."

So sorry for your loss. I must agree with you though, there is no mistaking it, especially after that many hours.

Some infants are just angry from the moment they're born, lol. Could be gas, reflux, whatever....colic seems to be the catchall word for "screaming baby syndrome ".

True! My son HAD to cry for 5 minutes before he could fall asleep. You could set a timer- not four, not six but FIVE minutes. Lasted a year (he was also a head-banger_. He's 21 now, and we laugh about it.

And as a peds nurse- there are only four things a newborn knows how to do: cry, eat, sleep and fill their diapers. I tell new parents they have a very limited skill set at this age and will outgrow.

It can develop very early if the child has feeding problems. My neighbors had problems with their child being allergic to formula but she did not have enough milk---so child cried before and after feeding. YIKES

I think she wanted to be sure Delano was dead before WW disposed of him, that's why she felt under his nose & his tummy, if those things even happened.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/local-news/amber-alert-issued-for-missing-1-month-old

I just watched this 9 minute video. I think TP looks genuinely distraught when she's leaning on WW's back but didn't seem the same at the end of the video when she's sitting on the porch. My heart went out to her...then I pulled it back. I don't know, if she checked to Delano I think she would have known he was deceased if he was cold to the touch. Why (WHY!?!?!?!?!) would she cover for WW? I just can't fathom that she'd let WW put Delano somewhere out in the elements. As a mother, I just can't.

Where is this little angel. He needs a proper burial.

This case messes with my head too! Back in August I reacted the way you described and now, having read the PC statement it's even harder trying to match up TP's pleas with her statements to LE.

One hurdle I can't seem to clear is that in the PC both TP and Trina P said that it was WW's "turn" to watch Delano - that TP and WW alternated because they were both working. Fine, I get it. But... nowhere in three separate statements to LE did TP ever mention feeding or even holding Delano. That sounds like an unusually strict arrangement.

Plus, TP said WW told her Delano had been fussy all day on the 26th and up and crying throughout the night and into the early hours of the 27th and at 10:45 the next morning he was still caring for Delano. So, WW was in charge of Delano all that time. It seems really odd that in over a 24-hour period TP never once fed or held her baby. And she was concerned that he was so cold, touched his arm, checked his nose and stomach then just stepped into the shower. It was nearly noon when she went looking for WW and Delano.

Also, in the video you watched she said she hadn't seen him in two days. The interview was done in the afternoon on the 27th. Indy channel posted it at 9:27 pm on the 27th and it was on YouTube by the 28th. At the time I saw it as a distraught mother's time warp - every second feeling like an hour. I was too busy wondering why neither parent said Delano's name and kept referring to him as son/baby/child.

It still may not mean anything important but it makes me wonder about that 1 am period when WW, TP and Trina P were all awake and Delano was crying "hard."

TP, please, please, please - if you know anything at all just come clean and tell LE. You said you were too young to go through this. Help bring Delano home and put him to rest properly. Do it for him, your family - and for yourself.

:tears:

I went back to fact-check the date of that video and found a longer portion of TP talking on the porch on another video. It was shown on Indychannel's noon newscast on August 28, so definitely only 24 hours after Delano went missing.

I also noticed something else that was odd. Around 5:06 during the interview the reporter asked "Was your baby in a stroller?" and TP, patting her (TP's) shoulder, replied "He was carrying him, he always carries his baby..." That matched what she said in her first statement in the PC.

However, in her second statement (Pg. 13) she told the detective when WW took Delano out on the front porch to talk to his mother it was the first time she had ever seen WW take Delano outside without his carseat or stroller.

I don't think TP is directly involved in Delano's murder but heck if I know what she has to gain by changing her stories. She sounds scared and desperate - maybe she just doesn't realize how bad her discrpancies make her look. I dunno. I can't wait to hear what other evidence LE has and what's happened since the PC came out.

Maybe WW had TP convinced she'd end up in jail like his other baby mama, while he walked away a free man again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back