IN - Delano Wilson, 1 mo., Indianapolis, 27 Aug 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How is that possible when she a.) lied about the events that morning and b.) was positively identified being with WW coming out of the woods at the train tracks at Holt & I-70?

If she was in fact at that location, then she knew WW was not taking Delano for a "walk around the block" as he claimed, they were not sitting around the front porch having their smokes then inside talking until nearly 11am, as she claimed. She also knew his assault/kidnapping story was a lie. She ALSO knew all of this, when she went on camera begging for her son to come back to her so she could see him healthy again.

The only way I can see it even slightly possible she didn't know a thing, is if the truck driver DK was wrong and that wasn't actually them, coming out of the woods at 10:00-10:30 that morning. However, he did pick them out of a photo line-up so there is that.

Yes, but if I read correctly, he had seen them all over the news before he made his statement. It IS possible they were misidentified imo. Or that guy saw them in the news so much that he figured it WAS them.

If I read that wrong, correct me.

Just to wrap my brain around this a bit more I went through the PC once again:

STATEMENTS FROM THE PC AFFIDAVIT:

TP 8/27 2:04pm: Woke up at 8:45 then went out on the front porch with her brother RP and WW to smoke cigarettes. Claims Delano was asleep in his bassinet. All three came back inside and continued talking until 10:45 when TP got ready to take a shower. States WW was on the Samsung phone using FB messaging to talk to his mother in Detroit. WW tells TP Delano is crying and he's going to take him out on the porch with him. An hour later TP notices they're not on the porch. She uses her sister's phone (so obviously her sister lives there too?) to call HER phone (the Samsung) that WW had with him. Her call goes directly to voicemail. She leaves the house at this time and walks down Chase to Oliver, notices the police car at her house and comes back.

TP 8/27 4:57pm: Woke up at 8:00am when her brother RP came home from work. Delano and WW both still asleep, then WW woke up and that's when they noticed the "snot like liquid" coming out of Delano's mouth. Wiped it away and laid him back down to sleep. TP states at this time that 12:48am that day, was the last time she heard Delano crying and did not hear him cry or see him awake again that day. TP stated during this interview as she was getting ready for her shower she touched Delano's arm and he felt cold, and appeared to be asleep. She checked his breathing and his nose and it felt warm. At this time snot appeared to come out of Delano's nose. WW wrapped him up and put him in the bassinet and TP went to take her shower.

8/29 Search warrant for the Samsung in WW's possession yields disturbing search history all conducted between 9:34am and 10:23am.

9/1 10:30pm taped statement from RP claims RP came home from work at 7:45am and WW and TP were asleep on the futon, Delano in the bassinet. RP then went to bed and was woken up at 10am the morning of 8/27 by TP who said WW and Delano were missing and she couldn't find them.

9/1 11:45pm third statement from TP: Claims to have woken up at 10:45am to find Delano cold, and WW telling her he did not want to go to work that day.

I know we all already know all this, but I have this tendency to point out the obvious. Based on this PC statement and TP's statements, I believe there is NO way she had no idea what happened that morning, even IF the truck driver's statement and identification of TP and WW didn't exist.

MOO.

Yes, but if I read correctly, he had seen them all over the news before he made his statement. It IS possible they were misidentified imo. Or that guy saw them in the news so much that he figured it WAS them.

No you didn't read that wrong and I agree it's 100% possible he was mistaken and/or just assumed it was them. Eyewitness statements are notoriously inconsistent :(

Ah, yes. :( This makes it pretty clear. I read the PC at 2am, so I think my brain may have went to sleep during that. :(

Ah, yes. :( This makes it pretty clear. I read the PC at 2am, so I think my brain may have went to sleep during that. :(

I've read it so many times I've lost track. I keep noticing new things too, such as:

RP saying he went right to bed when he got home (and that TP, WW and Delano were all asleep) that morning but TP saying he was with them out on the porch having their smokes and talking. I never caught that during my first read through. That's a pretty HUGE inconsistency right there. Why would she say he was up talking with them when he claims they were asleep and he went right to bed? It certainly can't be both, so which one is lying, and why??

We need multiple timelines here :(

So grandma left for work at 8:30 and WW was seen between 8:30 - 8:40 IIRC by the alley. Grandma said she thought Delano was in the bassinet but doesn't mention where WW, TP and RP were :thinking:

"Put it in the shower" The car seat maybe?

Maybe WW took the car seat with Delano in it to the alley and later he and TP went back and moved the "evidence" and came out where they were seen at the guard rail?

Just to wrap my brain around this a bit more I went through the PC once again:

STATEMENTS FROM THE PC AFFIDAVIT:

TP 8/27 2:04pm: Woke up at 8:45 then went out on the front porch with her brother RP and WW to smoke cigarettes. Claims Delano was asleep in his bassinet. All three came back inside and continued talking until 10:45 when TP got ready to take a shower. States WW was on the Samsung phone using FB messaging to talk to his mother in Detroit. WW tells TP Delano is crying and he's going to take him out on the porch with him. An hour later TP notices they're not on the porch. She uses her sister's phone (so obviously her sister lives there too?) to call HER phone (the Samsung) that WW had with him. Her call goes directly to voicemail. She leaves the house at this time and walks down Chase to Oliver, notices the police car at her house and comes back.

TP 8/27 4:57pm: Woke up at 8:00am when her brother RP came home from work. Delano and WW both still asleep, then WW woke up and that's when they noticed the "snot like liquid" coming out of Delano's mouth. Wiped it away and laid him back down to sleep. TP states at this time that 12:48am that day, was the last time she heard Delano crying and did not hear him cry or see him awake again that day. TP stated during this interview as she was getting ready for her shower she touched Delano's arm and he felt cold, and appeared to be asleep. She checked his breathing and his nose and it felt warm. At this time snot appeared to come out of Delano's nose. WW wrapped him up and put him in the bassinet and TP went to take her shower.

8/29 Search warrant for the Samsung in WW's possession yields disturbing search history all conducted between 9:34am and 10:23am.

9/1 10:30pm taped statement from RP claims RP came home from work at 7:45am and WW and TP were asleep on the futon, Delano in the bassinet. RP then went to bed and was woken up at 10am the morning of 8/27 by TP who said WW and Delano were missing and she couldn't find them.

9/1 11:45pm third statement from TP: Claims to have woken up at 10:45am to find Delano cold, and WW telling her he did not want to go to work that day.

I know we all already know all this, but I have this tendency to point out the obvious. Based on this PC statement and TP's statements, I believe there is NO way she had no idea what happened that morning, even IF the truck driver's statement and identification of TP and WW didn't exist.

MOO.

Ontario Mom, thanks for continuing to chronicle the various info and statements - there are so many contradictions that keeping track of this case becomes an exercise in concentration! Makes my brain hurt.

So if WW and TP walked to Holt Road via the train tracks - 1.5 miles each way for a total of 3 miles - that would take what, maybe 45 minutes to an hour or so at 15 - 20 minutes per mile? Plus whatever time it took to do whatever they were doing.

Assuming the witness is correct that puts the timeline very close to the 911 call. And what was WW doing in the alley near his house at 8:30 that morning? When did TP join up with him to go to Holt? Argh!

There was no mention in the PC about LE giving the dogs a sniff of TP's clothing to track but I've learned that PC statements often list just enough evidence to get an indictment and leaves out other info. It'll be interesting to learn what else LE knows about this case.

In any case, the inconsistencies in the statements over time are way beyond minor changes that sometimes happens when one is innocent. IOW... :liar:

This is definitely what a defense attorney will argue.

Who can he not have contact with, and why?

Wilson has been ordered not to contact several witnesses and that does not include Perkins. Robinson did not elaborate why Perkins was not included in that list.

Also:

Detectives do not plan to continue looking for Delano’s body. IMPD Sgt. Kendale Adams released a statement, which explained why there will not be any other searches.

“We consider Delano Wilson to be deceased and have closed the active missing persons search for the child. However, anyone with knowledge about this case is encouraged to contact IMPD or the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office,” Adams wrote.

http://cbs4indy.com/2015/02/05/indianapolis-father-accused-of-his-sons-murder-appears-in-court/

Curious. :thinking:

ETA: A no-contact order for Wilson has been put into place, which includes witnesses and Wilson's girlfriend's mother and brother.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...proof-that-baby-delano-was-murdered/22938797/

Again, TP isn't included in that list.

We need multiple timelines here :(

So grandma left for work at 8:30 and WW was seen between 8:30 - 8:40 IIRC by the alley. Grandma said she thought Delano was in the bassinet but doesn't mention where WW, TP and RP were :thinking:

"Put it in the shower" The car seat maybe?

Maybe WW took the car seat with Delano in it to the alley and later he and TP went back and moved the "evidence" and came out where they were seen at the guard rail?

The car seat is the only thing that makes sense, if in fact "put IT in the shower" was actually what was said. I can hear my kids from the other side of the door when they're in their rooms but sounds get muffled so I'd never with 100% certainty I heard correctly (unless of course they were screaming, and it was clearly obvious what was said).

What the PC doesn't say, as you've mentioned is any statement by TP's mother, where TP and WW when she left for work at 8:30. Either he wasn't there or he left immediately after she did which places him in the alley at 8:30-8:40, sweating and running. Oddly enough, go back and read RP, TP and WW's statements about where they are were at 8:30 that morning. They're ALL different.

The car seat is the only thing that makes sense, if in fact "put IT in the shower" was actually what was said. I can hear my kids from the other side of the door when they're in their rooms but sounds get muffled so I'd never with 100% certainty I heard correctly (unless of course they were screaming, and it was clearly obvious what was said).

What the PC doesn't say, as you've mentioned is any statement by TP's mother, where TP and WW when she left for work at 8:30. Either he wasn't there or he left immediately after she did which places him in the alley at 8:30-8:40, sweating and running. Oddly enough, go back and read RP, TP and WW's statements about where they are were at 8:30 that morning. They're ALL different.

And TP supposedly said "God **** this never should have happened". What did she think should've happened? We know there was blood so the natural conclusion is that Delano was injured in some way but what mom is going to react like that? It's almost like she expected a different outcome than "this". I'm gonna throw this out for consideration and it may be way off base. If baby Delano had truly been fussy and colicky is it possible that they medicated him in some way that caused the bleeding and death? :dunno:

And TP supposedly said "God **** this never should have happened". What did she think should've happened? We know there was blood so the natural conclusion is that Delano was injured in some way but what mom is going to react like that? It's almost like she expected a different outcome than "this". I'm gonna throw this out for consideration and it may be way off base. If baby Delano had truly been fussy and colicky is it possible that they medicated him in some way that caused the bleeding and death? :dunno:

My first thought when I read that "this should have never happened" is that Delano was fussy and WW did something to shut him up so he could sleep. I can't even bring myself to think about what that something was, that would cause a tiny baby like that to lose blood. The PC does say "possible" human blood in the sink, tub and on the light blue baby blanket but it doesn't say if that blood was ever positively ID'd as Delano's.

I've been going back over early msm reports while waiting for fresh news. Boy, I've forgotten a lot of stuff from the early days!

Some tidbits:

Sept. 2, 2014:

On Tuesday investigators were looking into a new lead. Authorities were searching the area of Holt road and I-70. That is along the Little Eagle Creek. The location is not far from the neighborhood where little Delano Wilson was last seen.
Indianapolis Fire Department divers started there [sic] search at Little Eagle Creek around 10 Tuesday morning.

Sept. 3, 2014:

Wilson says was pistol whipped and robbed while taking a walk last Wednesday morning. The attack happened a few hundred feet from the couple's South Chase St. home.

However, a source tells Eyewitness News nearby security cameras recorded Wilson walking without his baby prior to his 911 call.

Oct. 3, 2014:

The child [Delano] was allegedly snatched from the arms of his father less than a block from the family residence Aug. 27. Homicide investigators were still awaiting the forensic evidence recovered inside the home.
The blood work of baby Delano Wilson and 321 other cases still awaited testing and results.

DNA testing also has a lengthy backlog of cases. While the lab has a goal of turning around results in six weeks, testing usually takes three months or longer.

http://wishtv.com/2014/09/02/police-need-any-and-all-tips-regarding-baby-disappearance/
http://www.wthr.com/story/26441212/2014/09/03/parents-speak-about-continuing-search-for-missing-baby
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...n-county-crime-lab-means-delays-in-1742-cases

I'm glad you went back and read MsMarple!

So authorities searched near I70 and Holt, good news. Was the lead from DK who saw TP and WW climbing over the gaurdrail? (PCS, pg. 28) I need to open the map and look for Little Eagle Creek.

Surprised at the number of cases waiting for results, waiting for something so important must be agonising.

I'm glad you went back and read MsMarple!

So authorities searched near I70 and Holt, good news. Was the lead from DK who saw TP and WW climbing over the gaurdrail? (PCS, pg. 28) I need to open the map and look for Little Eagle Creek.

Surprised at the number of cases waiting for results, waiting for something so important must be agonising.

GoogleMaps returned two locations in Indiana for Little Eagle Creek:

Little Eagle Creek, Indianapolis, IN
http://goo.gl/maps/h10lZ
f05239b1cf9d6261c32ac3da8b46602a.jpg

Little Eagle Creek, Wayne, IN
http://goo.gl/maps/PSu1e
3154cab83d6384b2f449ebba11842ff4.jpg

I'm on an iPhone (small screen) and not a local, so I'm hoping my fellow WSers can chime in to let us know which of the two locations is more likely to be the right one.

ETA: neither of these appear to be near I70 though :banghead: :sigh:

I guess I wasn't of much help at all....

:(

:sleuth: on :websleuther:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Authorities find nothing after search of Little Eagle Creek for Delano Wilson | WISH-TV

This story was dated 9/2/2014. I found it while running a google search on Little Eagle Creek:

(snip)

On Tuesday investigators were looking into a new lead. Authorities were searching the area of Holt road and I-70. That is along the Little Eagle Creek. The location is not far from the neighborhood where little Delano Wilson was last seen.

Multiple embedded videos & More@Link:

http://wishtv.com/2014/09/02/police-need-any-and-all-tips-regarding-baby-disappearance/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk x

Here's the GoogleMap
437d2add9aac6ff8acaa012f9ece80c3.jpg

S Holt Rd & I-70, Indianapolis, IN 46241
http://goo.gl/maps/Rmn9X
If you click the link and zoom in to the east, the fine light blue line is Little Eagle Creek. The waterway has multiple intersections with different freeways throughout the metro area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk x

I also read an older article today that said the neighbors and volunteers searched the railroad tracks too. I'll try to find it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back