IN IN - Diamond Bynum, 21, & King Walker, 2, Gary, 25 July 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am wondering that.... is Gary IN within say reasonable driving distance to Chicago?? I'm completely unfamiliar with that part of the country......

That was my thought this morning so I posted it to the other WS Forum and provided the link to this forum. I was raised ten miles north of Garfield Park. Gary, IN is almost like a suburb of Chicago and many commute to the city each day.

I drove through just a tiny part of Gary, Indiana, in 2010. The part I saw did not look prosperous. In fact, I would call it a ghost town basically. So scary to think of a two year old and a female with the mentation of a 6-7 year old out alone, vulnerable, walking. Awful.

There is a sweet baby boy, 21 month old Lonzie Barton, missing from Jacksonville/Macclenny Fl. While the 16 hour drive to Chicago might sound like a far fetched possiblity, the circumstances surrounding his case and the lack of an accurate time line and/or a reliable source to say when the baby was last seen alive means anything is possible. This sweet boy has literally disappeared with little evidence to say where he is. Police are calling it a murder investigation but are unable to locate a body. The number of people who may or may not be involved in Lonzies disappearance is quite astonishing, Lonzies mother's boyfriend is currently in jail for neglect charges and is the main suspect, however, the mother was arrested for neglect charges for leaving her children in the suspects care even with knowledge that her son was hurt and ill. Aside from those two, many others are thought to either be involved or have knowledge of what happened to this poor child. My thoughts and prayers for both of these children...

Lonzie was 21 months old and had blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes.

I feel Diamond and King's family have been let down with the lack of initial follow though in putting out an alert. I am not sure what a "silver alert" is but when you have a young women with a developmental disability out there with a two year old, there needs to be whatever kind of alert is out there to alert the public, from the first minutes it was reported and not weeks later. I found out about this case when the child's foot was found in Garfield Park and did a simple Google search to see if there were any missing toddlers in the general area. I have no idea if King's situation has anything to do with the toddler found in Garfield Park, but I shouldn't have had to learn about him by searching for a child found dead.

Whatever has happened, I think the initial sightings of her asking for food at a fast food restaurant (and King seemed to be with her) are believable. Prader-Willi Syndrome may not be as recognizable as Down Syndrome but it is real. People diagnosed with this condition have stunted intellect and mental maturity, may be quick to anger at times, especially about food, and constantly want to eat. Her father has indicated she was like a five year old (I know the link is buried in this thread regarding that). Here is some info from Wikipedia: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prader–Willi_syndrome - YouTube has some wonderful scenarios about children with this condition.

This case seems to have dropped off the radar. I strongly suspect that something bad has happened to both of them, and I immediately thought of King when the body of the toddler was found in Garfield Park Lagoon. It's only about an hour's drive from Gary.

Yep, too close for comfort.

What happened to Diamond and King??

Someone knows something.

Retribution posted this link in Lonzie's thread:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=4aa109f63d1e0c623029d69c662fd79f&oe=567342BE

Here is a link for a news site with the article:

A brief statement Monday from the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office says the head appears to be from an African-American child of between 2 and 3 years old. The statement doesn’t mention the victim’s gender.

http://fox2now.com/2015/09/07/head-of-dismembered-toddler-found-in-chicago-lagoon/

I am not sure if the remains of the toddler found in Chicago were King or not, but one thing I am VERY glad of: this has brought new life to the story of Diamond and King's disappearance. It has not been publicized nearly enough, so hopefully now people know about these two and will be more vigilant about looking for them and sharing any info they may have.

The area they are missing from is more of a suburb of Gary but does have a Gary address. Between Gary and Brunswick, where they disappeared from, is a lot of empty fields and businesses that have gone out of business.

Brunswick is in terrible shape. A down and out community.

I can't remember just how long after the disappearance of these two but all residents in surrounding suburbs with the ability to alert residents got a phone call. Describing the two and telling a number to call if they are sighted.

So they have tried their best and done everything possible to find them.

There are lots of articles and pictures of them in the local newspapers and the family is searching every single day.

Such love that family seems to have for them. They organize, search, plan and hold a press conference for anything at all.

Kudo's to Diamond and Kings family for trying so hard.

Those two are surely in the 'mean' part of town to go missing.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...age_a1937468-b20b-56c5-9679-9f6d17182316.html

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...age_0ae08dba-7d98-551b-859d-9853dee6b19d.html

Diamond and King have been missing since JULY 25th.

She and her 2 yr old nephew need more ears.

I, like some other posters, just learned about this case after reading about the remains of a toddler being found in Chicago. I read and watch the news and I don't live under a rock either! I can't believe that this is the first time I'm hearing of this case. It makes my blood boil that there has not been more attention in the search for Diamond and King. Where in the world are they?

:(

I, like some other posters, just learned about this case after reading about the remains of a toddler being found in Chicago. I read and watch the news and I don't live under a rock either! I can't believe that this is the first time I'm hearing of this case. It makes my blood boil that there has not been more attention in the search for Diamond and King. Where in the world are they?

:(

Nobody knows where they are or if they are alive. But as I wrote upthread this family has done everything in their power to find them and bring them home.

I don't think it's a story that has gone national but the local papers have been pretty good about keeping it out there.

It's a sad story.

Gary, Indiana is full of abandoned, run down homes and the family and volunteers are trying to enter all of them looking for Diamond and King. Can you imagine doing that?

I can't say enough about the efforts of these just regular folks trying to find their missing loved ones.

MOO

This will give you an idea of what they are working with.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/slworking/sets/72157624076348593/?ytcheck=1

[video=youtube;4RU9RybVh6Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RU9RybVh6Q[/video]

And this one of the serial killer hiding bodies in abandoned homes in Gary. 7 listed in this article but I am thinking there were more.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...ims-of-Suspected-Serial-Killer-279952962.html

This is what this family has been doing during July and August and now September under the most terrible conditions you can think of to find their lost family. Sigh...

Thank you for the background on this case, Cardinal. I'll be sure to look at your links. It really is a sad story! I haven't stopped thinking of them since I came to the thread. I'm really worried for them!!

Sent from my iPhone/Tapatalk

Nobody knows where they are or if they are alive. But as I wrote upthread this family has done everything in their power to find them and bring them home.

Gary, Indiana is full of abandoned, run down homes and the family and volunteers are trying to enter all of them looking for Diamond and King. Can you imagine doing that?

I can't say enough about the efforts of these just regular folks trying to find their missing loved ones.

RSBM...Cardinal, thanks so much for the great post! I totally agree with your thoughts, and I can't understand the seemingly lackidasical attitude of LE. Thank God for this persistent family! I am still saddened that this story has only 6 pages on its WS thread, though :(

RSBM...Cardinal, thanks so much for the great post! I totally agree with your thoughts, and I can't understand the seemingly lackidasical attitude of LE. Thank God for this persistent family! I am still saddened that this story has only 6 pages on its WS thread, though :(
BBM. Some cases I have noticed strike a chord on here and some get little to no attention. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollyWobbles
Back