IN - Emma Sweet, 2, (died), Dad and truck found, Bartholomew Co, 24 Nov 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope that father is fully sober now and feeling every emotion of pain and sorrow that he should. He put drugs before his daughter and now her life has ended. What a selfish parent. I hope he rots. And I feel no sympathy for him or for the mother, to be honest. She should’ve never let that baby out of her sight. Sorry, I am so angry y’all. These babies are precious. MOO.

Clip from presser

Sheriff

"There is access to the river in that area but it's an access that you would have to go off road and drive over a barrier to get to the water. Not to get too far into the investigation but obviously that is something that's being looked at because it's not a scenario where you could accidentally drive into it."

Last edited:
@Allabouttrial thanks for the links and summary! The outcome was inevitable but heartbreaking nevertheless. I wonder how Emma’s life would have been if her dad was in prison serving those suspended sentences instead of driving around while high.

So many innocent children pay for the poor choices made by their parents. IMO the dad is a danger to society and needs to be removed to a place where he can’t hurt anyone else. Ever.

Rest In Peace little Emma. :(

And, so, the title of Emma's thread has changed to Found Deceased.

Those divers though ... prayers for all involved.

What does it mean when the Sheriff said it isn't an area to access the river as there is a barrier to get into the water? Was he speeding and drove through the trees? I need a better map of the location, please.

Google Maps

Did I hear correctly that JS will be taken/booked into the jail after he's released from the hospital? The sheriff referred to the needle as "drug paraphernalia" and said something about a 72 hour hold..
I think they are putting him in a 72 hour hold to do a psych eval so they can determine if he was suicidal/homicidal because of the way he ended up in the water. It was like a cliff with a 15-20 ft. drop and then submerged.
JMO opinion.

Clips transcribed from Press Conference

"She was located next to a debris pile. I don't want to get into too many specifics but yes she was located next to a debris pile.......

........She was located approximately 2 1/5 miles downstream from where the vehicle was located initially......

She was closer to her jacket than she was to the vehicle. Approximately half a mile, but yeah anytime your moving....moving waters are unpredictable. It would be easy to say yes we were looking for a person or an object in the water, you know exactly where it's going to be, but like I alluded with the strainers and obstacles in the waters, those cause items to be, you know stopped or hung up or slowed down. It's always unpredictable, you go off what you have known and dealt with in the past and you try to make your best educated guess on how to search certain areas and eliminate those areas and move on........."

Sheriff on dad

"He's (Jeremy Sweet) currently in the hospital. I did say earlier on today we did find a needle on him and paraphernalia, so he's been placed on a 72 hour hold so that we can continue to investigate and get our reports over to the prosecutors office. So once he leaves the hospital he'll be at Bartholomew County Jail."

I hope that father is fully sober now and feeling every emotion of pain and sorrow that he should. He put drugs before his daughter and now her life has ended. What a selfish parent. I hope he rots. And I feel no sympathy for him or for the mother, to be honest. She should’ve never let that baby out of her sight. Sorry, I am so angry y’all. These babies are precious. MOO.
I didn't hear it but mom may have had to let him take Emma due to custody arrangements. Sometimes parents don't have a choice. I do believe the mother should be considered a victim unless I've missed a big announcement.
MOO JMO IMO

I think they are putting him in a 72 hour hold to do a psych eval so they can determine if he was suicidal/homicidal because of the way he ended up in the water. It was like a cliff with a 15-20 ft. drop and then submerged.
JMO opinion.
Certainly looks that way. To take your child with you is beyond my comprehension.

I didn't hear it but mom may have had to let him take Emma due to custody arrangements. Sometimes parents don't have a choice. I do believe the mother should be considered a victim unless I've missed a big announcement.
MOO JMO IMO
I highly doubt he would’ve had approved visitation and scheduled parenting time considering he was on parole for meth and guns. JMO but I doubt CPS would allow him unsupervised visitation with his daughter knowing his history.

MOO JMO IMO

Mom was busted together with daddy dearest, when the LE found that meth lab in Sweet house in May. So...

MOO JMO IMO
Family has stated that mom and dad are still married and living together normally. Apparently he was supposed to be returning a Redbox movie and coming right back. I'm thinking he was hiding his use from Family.

The mom might have thought he wouldn't have put their baby in danger. Addicts are great at hiding what they do and convincing Family they are ok when they aren't.

This is just so heartbreaking.

Family has stated that mom and dad are still married and living together normally. Apparently he was supposed to be returning a Redbox movie and coming right back. I'm thinking he was hiding his use from Family.

The mom might have thought he wouldn't have put their baby in danger. Addicts are great at hiding what they do and convincing Family they are ok when they aren't.

This is just so heartbreaking.

He had a freaking meth lab in their house, a half of year ago. I doubt he was hiding his drug problems from his wife.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel
Back