IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the video does show the reason SA lifted Chloe is because she lifted her arms to him. That's a universal sign that the child wants to be picked up and held. I don't know any grandparent who will resist that request.

JMO
Picked up and held, yes. Picked up and lifted high over the grandparent’s head and completely out the window, no.

His attorney told the media he was offered a deal and it isn't in writing. Now that PR decided to leak the video after the parents specifically said they had seen the video and didn't want it published in order to protect their son from it, it got leaked to further humiliate the parents because they filed a civil lawsuit.

JMO

Grandfather offered plea deal in girl's cruise ship death as Puerto Rico TV show airs video

This allegation makes no sense.

Why would the Puerto Rican authorities allegedly leaking the video further humiliate the parents because they filed a civil lawsuit?

You do understand that the wrongful death civil lawsuit is against the cruise line, right?

MOO

Did Attorney Sing the Siren's Song of SCOOP to Reporter?
....colorblind when I see pre-existing (i.e. dating back before the incident) medical documentation of it with my own eyes. I just can’t take Winkleman’s or David Begnaud’s word for it.
@Chikkamma :) bbm
Yes, agreeing.
Emphasis on reporter DB's word. Not because I think he is being intentionally deceitful.
Imo he got bamboozled.

A couple weeks ago, when atty-W showed DB the vid, I suspect W let him see the vid only once, maybe twice. On small-ish screen. No arrows, no white halos to help focus. Maybe dialled down the resolution. And atty-W narrated the action to DB. Imo DB may have succumbed to W's bait -Ya wanna a national bombshell? I suspect if DB had actually received the full vid and had not been under deadline pressure, he w others would have grokked that SA put his head out thru window.

Seems DB's colorblindness report ^ bore the fingerprints of corporate HQ/law dept on it. More weasel words than his report on the vids. jmo.

Last edited:

Why would the Puerto Rican authorities allegedly leaking the video further humiliate the parents because they filed a civil lawsuit?

You do understand that the wrongful death civil lawsuit is against the cruise line, right?

MOO
And the parents didn’t want the video leaked because the truth would become apparent.

Puerto Rico is part of the United States and the people who live there are U.S. citizens with U.S. passports. Have you ever been to Puerto Rico? You seem to have a lot of opinions about it, some of which are becoming slanderous.

Again, the video does not belong to the Wiegands. It is properly of RCCL.
I thought the video was seized by LE in the criminal investigation. SA's attorney would have access to it because it is evidence in a criminal case.

JMO

And the parents didn’t want the video leaked because the truth would become apparent.

I believed the parents when they said they didn't want the older brother to see it. I wouldn't want my children to see it. I also wouldn't want any member of my family convicted of a crime in the court of public opinion.

JMO

Yes, for some reason this is the first video where I could see where we see Chloe’s arm through the 1/4 of the window that isn’t open, right next to them on their right.

You can see her arm *outside* through that closed 1/4 of the window. You would not be able to see her arm through the window if it was not outside the window!
What’s up with the narrator of the video referring to Chloe as “it”??? He does it all through the video and then calls Chloe a “him”...but does correct it to “her”.

Yeah, this guy was way more reckless than I ever imagined. Just shocking negligence on the grandfather’s part.

If he merely accepted an iota of responsibility, this would likely go away with a generous plea deal. He doesn’t have that in him though, as personal responsibility apparently isn’t “a thing” to him.

Blame everyone else but the man solely responsible for this. Himself.

The cruise ship video is evidence and will eventually be seen in court. I didn't need to see any video to know the grandfather was negligent as charged for elevating his granddaughter past the safety guard. It was impossible for Chloe to fall out of the window without her grandfather's assistance.

I also agree the video belongs in court and hate the idea that this beautiful child's death lives on the internet. That's really sick.

I just hope this child receives justice for her untimely death.

I think the video does show the reason SA lifted Chloe is because she lifted her arms to him. That's a universal sign that the child wants to be picked up and held. I don't know any grandparent who will resist that request.

JMO

I don’t know any grandparent who will stick their grandchild out a window 11 stories above the cement dock.

I believed the parents when they said they didn't want the older brother to see it. I wouldn't want my children to see it. I also wouldn't want any member of my family convicted of a crime in the court of public opinion.

JMO
I wouldn’t want him to see it either, but in today’s tech world The only way he won’t see it will be due to his own determination not to watch it.

MOO

BBM. Because the cruise lines are a major source of tourist income to San Juan. Embarrass and humiliate the parents and maybe the civil lawsuit will go away. That might work in another country but it isn't going to work in the U.S.

JMO

I'm confident that as the grandfather approached that wall of windows, his attention was totally on the child ahead of him rather than the color of the windows.
Ah. So then you didn't watch the videos! That would explain a lot.

His "attention" was "totally" on the outside of the ship, as he was hanging his entire upper body out that open window.

JMO
I agree, neither would I. Unfortunately the parents (and SA) opened themselves up to public scrutiny and criticism the minute they appeared on the Today Show, CBS, NBC and the FOP at South Bend.
https://www.today.com/news/parents-...ibbean-cruise-ship-share-unfathomable-t159158
Chloe Wiegand's family sues Royal Caribbean over toddler's cruise ship death
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ise-ship-window-charged-manslaughter-n1073131

Yes it's your opinion. It would be helpful if you could be a bit more specific so I could have a look. But I'm gonna guess, that you can't. ;)
I'll agree to disagree. Your rudeness is why I don't wish to reply.

JMO

BBM. Because the cruise lines are a major source of tourist income to San Juan. Embarrass and humiliate the parents and maybe the civil lawsuit will go away. That might work in another country but it isn't going to work in the U.S.

JMO
No one is not going to go on a cruise, because some guy recklessly killed his granddaughter.

Royal Caribbean has deep pockets, and it’s also not as if some frivolous lawsuit is going to stop them from docking in that territory.

I’m not following the logic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member