IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the test that I took a few weeks ago when someone posted it. I definitely struggled to see some of the numbers in the colored circles, and there were a few that really had me guessing. It was almost as stressful as the visual field test that I do annually at my ophthalmologist's. I'm sure that SA will be required to undergo similar testing by at least one certified ophthalmologist. He won't be able to "fake" his answers, and there will be a diagnosis based on his performance.
What happens to the older ships if SA gets off on the colorblind defense and the Wiegands win their lawsuit? Do the windows get retrofitted or stay closed to accommodate the possible 170 or more disabled, colorblind passengers on a 3500 passenger ship? Isn't FOS being refurbished in 2020? Perhaps they will need to work on it again when the lawsuit is over.

I do not either.I think he was practicing his narcissistic bravado, showing off possibly, doing exactly what HE wanted to do. Much like not wearing a seatbelt.
We had a man visiting in our group down on the beach. He wanted to run out into the ocean waves carrying someone’s baby. We all explained to him that the ocean shelf on our beach drops off suddenly . IOW he was told NO because it is dangerous when relying on keeping your feet “grounded” ...even a few out. Told us we were all crazy..sulked off. I imagine he would of done it - if not for our intervention. Dropped,endangered the baby he would of been carrying. Can’t make this stuff up. Some with Narc personality disorder think rules don’t apply to them. They get fuel from being defiant I guess.

MO experience
Not only would a steep drop be dangerous, a big wave could hit them, and one or both could die. Two deaths happened last summer in Maryland and North Carolina, the NC gentleman snapped his neck hitting the sand after a rogue wave got him.

Last edited:
It sure did, after he stuck his head through the window. Or will he say he thought there was a second panel of glass beyond that point? You know, outside the boat suspended in midair.

Both SA and MW have alluded to the "wall of windows". What made SA think there was glass beyond the rest of the wall? So many lies in plain sight :rolleyes:

Last edited:
What happens to the older ships if SA gets off on the colorblind defense and the Wiegands win their lawsuit? Do the windows get retrofitted or stay closed to accommodate the possible 170 or more disabled, colorblind passengers on a 3500 passenger ship? Isn't FOS being refurbished in 2020? Perhaps they will need to work on it again when the lawsuit is over.
He won’t get by with the colorblind excuse. Not after putting his head out the window twice.

He’s probably going to take a plea deal at the eleventh hour.
I bet Wink thought the Cruise line would fold & pay them before now.
That’s the tension I see in the last family presser.
It’s not unfolding as was ( promised )predicted.
All MOO

Sure. But with thought, he’d have to be an evil sociopath?

There could be many other options to sue a cruise ship for money than to throw a baby out a window to a horrific death? Food poisoning, slip and fall, etc. But throwing a baby out a window for a settlement? I can’t go there yet. I just can’t. But then I watch the video.
So these are the options:

1) stupid
2) drunk
3) evil

I simply can’t believe with the breeze and noise anyone could think the window was closed, so forget natural stupidity.

Not taking that breathalyzer or a blood test is a bad look. His actions look very...uninhibited. And drunk-stupid.

There are evil people and the immediate money grab with that lawyer looks bad. Blind defense of SA is incomprehensible for most. The pressers were distasteful. Something feels off.

I waffle between 2 and 3.

He won’t get by with the colorblind excuse. Not after putting his head out the window twice.

According to ABC News:

Salvatore “Sam” Anello’s defense told the court that they will present experts who will analyze the scene. Those names will be provided to the court by January 17.

Anello’s defense also said that they will present his medical records and testimony from his doctor.

Grandfather charged in toddler’s fatal cruise ship fall does not want plea deal

Hard to argue with an expert witness. I suppose RCCL will be free to submit their own expert testimony.

IMO, it will be hard to disprove. The real question is whether or not color blindness removes SA's culpability for Chloe's death. That had nothing to do with her being outside that railing.

CW's parents say they haven't seen the video, but I wonder whether any other family members have - such as her paternal grandparents, her biological maternal grandfather or her aunts and uncles. After all, the video is accessible to anyone who knows their way around the internet. If they have, that may explain the radio silence from the family and their lawyer since the release of the video.
I was thinking - ok, so the rest of the family has been quiet, that seems normal. What would they say?

But your comment makes me think, if this was some gross negligence by the cruise line (like a floor level window was open), wouldn’t all of the family be, if not vocal, at least open about their support? Outraged along side the parents that this happened?

I suspect AW’s parents are horrified by all of their in-laws at this point.

Last edited:
I do not either.I think he was practicing his narcissistic bravado, showing off possibly, doing exactly what HE wanted to do. Much like not wearing a seatbelt.
We had a man visiting in our group down on the beach. He wanted to run out into the ocean waves carrying someone’s baby. We all explained to him that the ocean shelf on our beach drops off suddenly . IOW he was told NO because it is dangerous when relying on keeping your feet “grounded” ...even a few out. Told us we were all crazy..sulked off. I imagine he would of done it - if not for our intervention. Dropped,endangered the baby he would of been carrying. Can’t make this stuff up. Some with Narc personality disorder think rules don’t apply to them. They get fuel from being defiant I guess.

MO experience
Yes! Narcissistic bravado is a great description. That is what I see, and I wonder if I am seeing just him, or the added fuel of alcohol or something else?

I was thinking - ok, so the rest of the family has been quiet, that seems normal. What would they say?

But your comment makes me think, if this was some gross negligence by the cruise line (like a floor level window was open), wouldn’t all of the family be, if not vocal, at least open about their support? Outraged with the parents that this happened?

I suspect AW’s parents are horrified by all of their in-laws at this point.
Maybe
the families are all promised a payoff to keep their mouths shut about any negativity they feel toward SA, either before or after the incident? As far as the family speaking out about RCCL being at fault, they might be afraid of lawsuits from RCCL.

Last edited:
He’s probably going to take a plea deal at the eleventh hour.
I bet Wink thought the Cruise line would fold & pay them before now.
That’s the tension I see in the last family presser.
It’s not unfolding as was ( promised )predicted.
All MOO

IMO, and in my experience, lawyers will tend to downplay your chances of winning, and try to prepare you for losing your case. IMO, the family was told from the beginning that it would not be an easy win. According to Winkleman, though, he has a good track record with lawsuits against cruise ships.

IMO, SA will not take a plea deal, as long as the parents have an active lawsuit against RCCL.

Some people, like me, think that way. We are worriers and planners. Before we leave on each trip our housesitter knows the name of our executor and what steps to take should anything terrible happen. If I took a cruise I'd probably download that app, too.

My family is the same. Directions for what to do if we die in a plane crash, etc. Not to be histrionic, but to be prepared. I don't think there was a sinister motive for KW looking into these things because people do know that unfortunately, things can happen when you travel. Otherwise there wouldn't even be an industry centered on trip insurance.

However, what did happen should never have happened, obviously. No app or trip insurance can provide for a relative being brain-dead just when it mattered most.

So these are the options:

1) stupid
2) drunk
3) evil

I simply can’t believe with the breeze and noise anyone could think the window was closed, so forget natural stupidity.

Not taking that breathalyzer or a blood test is a bad look. His actions look very...uninhibited. And drunk-stupid.

There are evil people and the immediate money grab with that lawyer looks bad.

But 2 doesn’t make sense because no way mom would leave him in charge. 1 doesn’t make sense either. He works full time. If he had diminished mental capacity we would have heard that. And mom wouldn’t have left him in charge.
So that leaves 3.....

The measurement there looks like it is 15 inches from the Outer edge of the window frame/ casing to the outer edge of the of the wood railing. I thought it was reported earlier that it was 18 inches.

I keep looking at the photo, too, trying to figure out the math. The actual measurement here is of huge importance.

I've been curious, too, about the ship's inspection report, which they surely have by now, but we've heard nothing about. What, no glaring violations of compliance with cruise ship windows standards?

Yes! Narcissistic bravado is a great description. That is what I see, and I wonder if I am seeing just him, or the added fuel of alcohol or something else?

Bipolar disorder is another condition that can contribute to risk-taking behavior. Treatment with antidepressants can create a devil-may-care attitude.

I'm sure that at his age, SA has been tested for diabetes. His body type looks like that could be a possibility. That is a condition that can mess with both your eyesight and your mental functioning.

Anello said he would never have risked his granddaughter’s life.

Not knowing that there wasn’t a glass there, if somehow I thought that she was going beyond the glass, I wouldn’t have done it. I would have been appalled. I wouldn’t mess around with Chloe in that kind — or anybody — with that dangerous kind of — never. Never.”

“If there were some kind of warning sign, we wouldn’t even have been near it. We wouldn’t even have been near it.”

‘It’s like the glass disappeared’: Grandfather cries as he recounts toddler falling to her death from a cruise ship

I wonder if even one single person ever mentioned to SA that Chloe is old enough to understand what "no no", means. All glass is not plexi-glass. It is poor manners to bang on glass, not to mention that glass can break. Its dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa83