IN - Grandfather charged in cruise ship death of toddler Chloe Wiegand #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His age doesn't say elderly but imo he looks elderly. Probably better for him to keep the beard and wear his suits too big. Better to look elderly in this case than young and spry.

I counted 3 elderly's and one silver-haired!...

When I first started getting a few grey hairs, I had highlighting every 10-12 weeks to cover the grey. When DH decided to stop having color treatments for his grey hair, I decided that I, too, would just let my hair be natural. I have no regrets, as my silvery locks are gorgeous! Even strangers tell me how pretty my grey hair is :)

Last edited:
Imo; if the judge decides against SA and if the lawsuit is dismissed... prepare for things to get very nasty.
It's possible some of the family will turn on the other and more could be revealed.
The Wiegands' have worked and fought too hard to let the payout slip from their grasp !!!

The lawsuit and the criminal charges are two separate entities; as was helpfully pointed out by another poster.
But as far as it looks, the parents aren't going anywhere until they have their millions.

Hope RCCL hangs in there.
They did not kill this baby.

Well it would apply in a case like this where he'd acknowledge that even though he doesn't think he's guilty he knows they have enough evidence to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. It's sort of a compromise that is pushed by the courts to gives a lesser sentence and meets the prosecutions requirement for a guilty plea while not subjecting the defendant to a severe penalty or punishment. It saves the court system and tax payers money and also avoids subjecting the families involved to a long drawn out emotional trial.
I know this, however there are families who feel like they have no choice but to agree to this because they are tired of the BS. What many families who are victims of crime want is that admission of guilt and the proper sentence. Sometimes the Alford plea strips them of that right and gives the criminal a way to say, I did this, you can prove it, but I won’t admit to it. IMO of course and from talking with many victims over the years.

I know this, however there are families who feel like they have no choice but to agree to this because they are tired of the BS. What many families who are victims of crime want is that admission of guilt and the proper sentence. Sometimes the Alford plea strips them of that right and gives the criminal a way to say, I did this, you can prove it, but I won’t admit to it. IMO of course and from talking with many victims over the years.
bbm
Re. the bolded : Agreed... but don't hold your breath. ;)
It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Obviously the only victim in this heinous act was Chloe.
The parents have staunchly defended SA and imo will continue to do so.
So in a sense-- they're not victims since SA "...Would never, ever, hurt Chloe..."

But they are victims of the true "criminal" in all of this--- the ship.
KSW said "But for RCCL, her daughter would be alive today." (paraphrased from her statement)
If they want to win their lawsuit that's fine -- but only on the condition that they put all of it back into fixing the ship and especially those "faulty" windows.

Imo; if the judge decides against SA and if the lawsuit is dismissed... prepare for things to get very nasty.
It's possible some of the family will turn on the other and more could be revealed.
The Wiegands' have worked and fought too hard to let the payout slip from their grasp !!!

The lawsuit and the criminal charges are two separate entities; as was helpfully pointed out by another poster.
But as far as it looks, the parents aren't going anywhere until they have their millions.

Hope RCCL hangs in there.
They did not kill this baby.

If they win the civil case against RCCL, I hope the jury gives them what they want: fix the windows and no money. Maybe make the windows open out, pivoting on the bottom, with the top being open. But then some fool would put their baby’s fingers in the way and cut them or get hurt somehow. Or go up and down from the top down to the middle not sideways. New design to keep morons in check. Wiegand’s get their only true wish: fix the windows!!!!
But what about balconies? I guess Wiegand’s will cruise again, on the lookout for more dangerous situations.
Too bad he wants a bench trial. Guess he’s scared of the truth: he killed her.
Not just out. Up and OVER. That’s what I see. He didn’t lean into her and accidentally push her out with his body. She was outside of the ship’s skin. The outside part of the ship. Whatever material it is made out of. Into the void, as it’s stated. To all the Michael Jackson’s and Salvatore Aiello’s of the world. Congratulations. You have brought a new world record to Guinness. They’ll have to publish a new version for how long you can hold a baby outside a barrier before you drop them. Grand Canyon tourists: take note. Going over the guard rails to take selfies could win you top prize in the same category. Not how low you can go but how dumb you can get.

Order of Arrival of Fam Members?
Thanks to @MsMarple for this link & quote in Nov 22-26 Daily Mail. It seems to describe events shown in video, not events as recounted by Winkleman, but well, who knows? AFAIK no vids of the Deck 11 aftermath, except for a few/several sec's following SA's collapse, have been released. No concrete arrival times were given, just "follows close behind" and "moments later." And the article gives no explanation as to why fam members arrived at/what brought them to the scene. Maybe another article did, but I do not recall it. So FWIW.

"Anello ...lifting Chloe up to give her a better view before he places her on a metal railing.... Three to four seconds later she vanishes through what is the only visibly open window in the entire bank of glass....
Chloe's older brother is the next member of the family to arrive, and looks stunned and confused as he realizes what is happening.
Kimberly follows close behind, fighting through the crowd to gaze down from the window before recoiling in shock and collapsing in grief.
Moments later her police officer husband arrives and covers his face with his hands as he struggles to cope with what he's seeing."
The video ends with Anello being led away by two members of staff, seemingly unable to stand or walk by himself."

Haunting final photo shows toddler before she fell from grandfather's arms to her death | Daily Mail Online
And thanks to @HRH Phoebe Cat for the link to MsMarple's post.

Last edited:
Looking at the Daily Mail's article I wondered how many times they could use the word "elderly" in one piece!
At least their readers aren't stupid. Several have mentioned that he's only 51 (the same age as Jennifer Aniston) and a few have pointed out that he isn't even old enough for a seniors citizen's discount!

Hard living will do that to a person. ;)
Drugs, drinking, etc.

Add smoking to the list. My surviving sister is 4.5 years younger than me, but everyone who sees the two of us together thinks she's my elder. Sis has smoked since she was in her teens; I've never smoked. I have a few crow's feet around my eyes, but my sister looks almost as old as our late mother when she was in her 80s. Sorry, sis :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper