GUILTY In - Halee Rathgeber, 20, Fatally Shot, Warrick County, 24 April 2017 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It looks like you can search Kentucky court records here. I didn't see anything for IH. https://kcoj.kycourts.net/CourtNet/Search/Index

There should be a resources thread on WS with links to where to find free public information for each state.

Iirc there was a news story that stated IH had no prior criminal record other than a minor traffic violation fwiw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like you can search Kentucky court records here. I didn't see anything for IH. https://kcoj.kycourts.net/CourtNet/Search/Index

There should be a resources thread on WS with links to where to find free public information for each state.

I agree.

It would be super beneficial to have specific threads or documents with links and tips. Off the top of my head here's a few I would like to see.

1) Online Court Records for each state
2) People Locator Links & Tips
3) Social Media Search Tips & General Info
4) Sleuthing 101 or Sleuthing For Dummies
5) Web Search Tips & Tricks

Failing a drug test would probably have him suspended for a game or two. I doubt it would get him kicked off the team. Just my opinion, but I worked for a division 1 basketball team.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
What if he repeatedly failed drug tests over the course of 3 years? Wouldn't there come a point when the athletic dept decides enough is enough?

What if he repeatedly failed drug tests over the course of 3 years? Wouldn't there come a point when the athletic dept decides enough is enough?
Probably.

FWIW, KWC has a very strict drug policy (pg 55 of this PDF). 1 violation is a semester suspension. A second violation is an expulsion.

Also this:
PLEASE NOTE: Presence of articles may be interpreted as actual possession of those articles. Students encountered
in locations where drugs, alcohol, firearms, ammunition and explosives or other misconduct is evident
will normally be considered in violation of the Code of Conduct or Residence Hall Regulations, even if
they do not have the prohibited items on their person at the time they are encountered.

They are very, very strict on drugs there. I think testing postive probably would have garnered a suspension at the very least and he may have lost his scholarship/financial aid if he had any.

FWIW, KWC has a very strict drug policy (pg 55 of this PDF). 1 violation is a semester suspension. A second violation is an expulsion.

Also this:

They are very, very strict on drugs there. I think testing postive probably would have garnered a suspension at the very least and he may have lost his scholarship/financial aid if he had any.
Would there be a public record somewhere if IH were suspended last semester (which would have been the beginning of his Sr year)? I don't think so. But, I wondering if he didn't want his family and friends to know about the suspension so he claimed he transferred to USI. But, why there and why move to the Evansville area?

IF he was suspended from KWC and tried to enroll at USI, I'm sure KWC would have shared info about the suspension with USI which could have prevented him from being accepted there.

I hope Halee wasn't murdered for discovering IH's lie about being enrolled at USI and his fear that she would share the info with others. I keep thinking of the Lori/Mark Hacking case in which the couple was preparing to move across the country where Mark was to attend grad school. Lori discovered shortly before their move that Mark wasn't really enrolled there (in fact, IIRC, he never completed his undergrad education). When Lori confronted Mark, he killed her. :(

If this is the case, maybe part of the reason IH wanted to conceal his suspension from his family and friends is that it involved failed drug testing. all MOO

I'm starting to think the motive and murder in this case may actually just be that of an abusive controlling exbf. I believe a lot of the deflection attempts that have been made on social media are just noise. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm starting to think the motive and murder in this case may actually just be that of an abusive controlling exbf. I believe a lot of the deflection attempts that have been made on social media are just noise. Jmo

I'm waiting for the probable cause affidavit but I think that's definitely one of my 2 theories. I think it's really possible he lost it (maybe was high or drunk), shot her, and then didn't have any plan for what to do after. He may have sat with her, realized it was too late to call an ambulance and say it was an accident, panicked, took her purse, and tried to destroy what he took later on to hide his tracks. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one.

There are just a few things that are still hinky to me. After the first hearing, when the media spoke to the prosecutor, he said something vague like "we want to make sure the person who did this crime is held responsible" when asked about why the arrest warrant would be sealed. I expected him to say something stronger - "We want to build the strongest case possible against Mr. Hagan" or something like that. It just struck me as odd if everyone thought it was a DV incident and the sole person responsible was in jail.

I'm waiting for the probable cause affidavit but I think that's definitely one of my 2 theories. I think it's really possible he lost it (maybe was high or drunk), shot her, and then didn't have any plan for what to do after. He may have sat with her, realized it was too late to call an ambulance and say it was an accident, panicked, took her purse, and tried to destroy what he took later on to hide his tracks. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one.

There are just a few things that are still hinky to me. After the first hearing, when the media spoke to the prosecutor, he said something vague like "we want to make sure the person who did this crime is held responsible" when asked about why the arrest warrant would be sealed. I expected him to say something stronger - "We want to build the strongest case possible against Mr. Hagan" or something like that. It just struck me as odd if everyone thought it was a DV incident and the sole person responsible was in jail.
I agree, I saw a video or heard a sound clip maybe where I felt it was worded very strangely if they do indeed have their guy. Something like "we will prosecute the person responsible, if we have the right person".

Thanks for finding and posting!!

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]
No problem! I'm just sitting in a waiting room while my husband has some (minor) surgery and went looking on FB for any new comments on IH.. lo and behold, breaking news...

Wow... It sounds like this kid got himself in too deep with something. My first guess is drugs. Possibly gambling. He was so desperate for money. And Halee lost her life because of it! What a despicable, unnecessary tragedy.

The article mentioned something about student loans he owed on too.. and when I looked at a KWC athletics page it listed costs at 20k+ per year before room and board. The article only says his loan is 5000 or more but I could see it being MUCH more.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam
Back