GUILTY In - Halee Rathgeber, 20, Fatally Shot, Warrick County, 24 April 2017 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the prosecutor generally makes a statement like this in almost every murder case. Defense generally tries to point the finger at anybody they can. Think in this case Perry was just pointing out that all the wild conspiracy theories brought up by Hagan and his friends were entirely unfounded. And I happen to agree. Moo I’m just glad the jury saw it as well.

I’m glad the jury saw it too. I didn’t think they were going to find him guilty. I guess I was expecting to be let down like I have in so many other cases. Other than IH I don’t think the company she kept had anything to do with her murder, but they are definitely a shady bunch..,.wow! MOO

Also I wonder if Jordan Hughes pleading the fifth, might be as simple as the pending trial for the death of her baby? In which her bf TR will be on trial? Maybe she was advised testifying could have an impact on TR murder trial? Just a thought. But then again if it was my best friend that was murdered, it would be damn hard for me to just sit up there and plead the fifth.....jmo

Also I wonder if Jordan Hughes pleading the fifth, might be as simple as the pending trial for the death of her baby? In which her bf TR will be on trial? Maybe she was advised testifying could have an impact on TR murder trial? Just a thought. But then again if it was my best friend that was murdered, it would be damn hard for me to just sit up there and plead the fifth.....jmo

I was thinking that was probably why she plead the fifth.

I have been busy this summer and completely missed the trial so thank you ALL for your detailed posts and links. I wanted to weigh in on why I think JH plead the 5th - if there's any chance she could be indicted or called as a witness in TR's trial, her attorney likely told her to plead the 5th. Anything she said under oath could be used against her in the other trial because it would be on the same subject. I think any lawyer would advise their client to not testify - the risk of even misspeaking and it being used against you is pretty high. If there was evidence that something she knew was really material to the case, the state could have given her immunity and forced her to testify. I was one of the people who thought there was definitely more to the story with JH/TR but after reading all of this I think that may be a separate issue and this was a mistake/crime of passion. I am a little surprised IH's attorney didn't try to frame the case as he was under incredible stress from XYZ issue (we can speculate why he needed so much money and dropped out of school but his attorneys probably know the facts), and it was an accident / the gun went off / he didn't think it was loaded... etc. If they were successful they could have gotten the sentence down considerably. I don't think IH's lawyer did a very good job and the theatrics are NOT standard. Defense lawyers try to at least look more professional than their clients...which shouldn't be that difficult. I'm glad IH is away and look forward to following the TR case - is there a thread for that? Can we make one?

I have been busy this summer and completely missed the trial so thank you ALL for your detailed posts and links. I wanted to weigh in on why I think JH plead the 5th - if there's any chance she could be indicted or called as a witness in TR's trial, her attorney likely told her to plead the 5th. Anything she said under oath could be used against her in the other trial because it would be on the same subject. I think any lawyer would advise their client to not testify - the risk of even misspeaking and it being used against you is pretty high. If there was evidence that something she knew was really material to the case, the state could have given her immunity and forced her to testify. I was one of the people who thought there was definitely more to the story with JH/TR but after reading all of this I think that may be a separate issue and this was a mistake/crime of passion. I am a little surprised IH's attorney didn't try to frame the case as he was under incredible stress from XYZ issue (we can speculate why he needed so much money and dropped out of school but his attorneys probably know the facts), and it was an accident / the gun went off / he didn't think it was loaded... etc. If they were successful they could have gotten the sentence down considerably. I don't think IH's lawyer did a very good job and the theatrics are NOT standard. Defense lawyers try to at least look more professional than their clients...which shouldn't be that difficult. I'm glad IH is away and look forward to following the TR case - is there a thread for that? Can we make

I have been busy this summer and completely missed the trial so thank you ALL for your detailed posts and links. I wanted to weigh in on why I think JH plead the 5th - if there's any chance she could be indicted or called as a witness in TR's trial, her attorney likely told her to plead the 5th. Anything she said under oath could be used against her in the other trial because it would be on the same subject. I think any lawyer would advise their client to not testify - the risk of even misspeaking and it being used against you is pretty high. If there was evidence that something she knew was really material to the case, the state could have given her immunity and forced her to testify. I was one of the people who thought there was definitely more to the story with JH/TR but after reading all of this I think that may be a separate issue and this was a mistake/crime of passion. I am a little surprised IH's attorney didn't try to frame the case as he was under incredible stress from XYZ issue (we can speculate why he needed so much money and dropped out of school but his attorneys probably know the facts), and it was an accident / the gun went off / he didn't think it was loaded... etc. If they were successful they could have gotten the sentence down considerably. I don't think IH's lawyer did a very good job and the theatrics are NOT standard. Defense lawyers try to at least look more professional than their clients...which shouldn't be that difficult. I'm glad IH is away and look forward to following the TR case - is there a thread for that? Can we make one?[/QUOTE

Althea, thank you.

I have been busy this summer and completely missed the trial so thank you ALL for your detailed posts and links. I wanted to weigh in on why I think JH plead the 5th - if there's any chance she could be indicted or called as a witness in TR's trial, her attorney likely told her to plead the 5th. Anything she said under oath could be used against her in the other trial because it would be on the same subject. I think any lawyer would advise their client to not testify - the risk of even misspeaking and it being used against you is pretty high. If there was evidence that something she knew was really material to the case, the state could have given her immunity and forced her to testify. I was one of the people who thought there was definitely more to the story with JH/TR but after reading all of this I think that may be a separate issue and this was a mistake/crime of passion. I am a little surprised IH's attorney didn't try to frame the case as he was under incredible stress from XYZ issue (we can speculate why he needed so much money and dropped out of school but his attorneys probably know the facts), and it was an accident / the gun went off / he didn't think it was loaded... etc. If they were successful they could have gotten the sentence down considerably. I don't think IH's lawyer did a very good job and the theatrics are NOT standard. Defense lawyers try to at least look more professional than their clients...which shouldn't be that difficult. I'm glad IH is away and look forward to following the TR case - is there a thread for that? Can we make one?

Is there a thread for the TR case?

Thanks @jessarox, I just watched it. So incredibly sad and stupid that suCh a beautiful young woman lost her life, a young man ruined his life and two families lives were plunged into such devastation over so little. RIP Halee.

Thanks @jessarox, I just watched it. So incredibly sad and stupid that suCh a beautiful young woman lost her life, a young man ruined his life and two families lives were plunged into such devastation over so little. RIP Halee.

I agree. I cried several times watching the episode. I never met Halee but it seems as though she was a wonderful person. It's devastating to think that she lost her life over something so trivial, so stupid. I still wonder if Rice is involved somehow but I don't know if we'll ever know for sure. Maybe if he's convicted in the murder of his child and his girlfriend is free to speak about the incident.

I agree. I cried several times watching the episode. I never met Halee but it seems as though she was a wonderful person. It's devastating to think that she lost her life over something so trivial, so stupid. I still wonder if Rice is involved somehow but I don't know if we'll ever know for sure. Maybe if he's convicted in the murder of his child and his girlfriend is free to speak about the incident.

I have to watch the episode tomorrow. It still doesn't add up for me, even after the trial. It just seems so senseless.

I have to watch the episode tomorrow. It still doesn't add up for me, even after the trial. It just seems so senseless.

It doesn’t add up to me either. I think there’s more to the story. Still no thread for TR.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts
Back